Summer transfer thread

Nigeria striker Obafemi Martins has joined Russian champions Rubin Kazan, according to the BBC.Reports indicate that a deal between German Bundesliga side VfL Wolfsburg and Rubin has been struck and that Martins has agreed personal terms. The Nigerian international forward has reportedly signed a three-year contract with the Tatars.The 25-year-old has been quoted as saying, "It's a new beginning, a new start in a new country promises so much of a challenge for me."I have to thank the fans of Wolfsburg, my former colleagues there and wish the club all the best for the future."I am joining a team of champions and I hope to bring my best to the club to make them even greater."Martins was signed by Wolfsburg from Newcastle in 2009 but he had a poor 2009-10 campaign, scoring just six goals in 22 appearances.The player's agent, Nicola Walter, though, thinks that Martins can rejuvenate his career in the Russian Premier League."We spoke to the coach and he emphasised that Martins has a massive role to play in his team, which is encouraging," said Walter. "It is a fresh start for Martins, after playing in Italy, England and Germany, he is happy to be part of the evolution and success of Rubin in Europe."Hopefully the European Champions League and the demanding Russian league will give the player something important to focus on after his World Cup disappointment."

Guest Wheres Barry

cole reportedly turned down a 80k offer from liverpool.... hes looking for 120k :-|we deff aint paying him over 80k so hes gonna have to lower his demands or hope arsenal cough up.../who the f*ck is gonna pay him 120k? even man city wouldnt.

Guest Awesome Kong
Looks like Cole gonna be goin in2 a retirement n becoming a full time dad innit. no1 paying 100k for this prik. He's sick tho so we should gi him less than Van P and tell him 2 get happy. yo his bitch has got fake tits innit. how the fuk can she feed the baby properly? baby powder it is then.
Dude, you need to type properly.
  • Downvote 1