Baby Shower gifts

Gunner

Or gifts for babys in general.Gotta get two gifts for this up coming baby shower. The babys will be girls (if the scans are correct)They are my cousins baby's and i am close to them so i would like to get them both something that will last, that would be useful and that if posible they would remember.So that kinda rules out clothes (babys grow out of them so quick, i expext all there girlfriends to buy cute little clothes), and general practical motherhood stuff like bottles etc stuff that any expectant mother would already have. I dunno what to get, am i thinking about it 2 much??helpplease

i got someone once a baby blanket embroidred with a nice sentiment on it, basically bought it and took it to a little talior person that done it. The mum to be really loved it
I like this one, Also you can buy vouchers for those foot print and hand print things, You can get them as orniments/sentimental things or theres fingerprint jewellery, Im havinga bit of a blank at remembering the name for it, but I'm sure someone else might have a better idea of what they called, and quite nice gifts. Im one of those hugely organised mum 2 be and actually have everything, I don't want people buying clothes for the baby incase I don't like them and I wouldnt want to offend someone either

When my daughter was born we got given hundreds of teddies and so many clothes i didn't know what to do with it all, every single one i got i was thinking 'oh no not another teddy' lol so thats never a good idea, also ive still got little gifts like tooth and hair pots and keepsake capsules that i havent even taken out of the box, i didnt have time to even think about all that stuff really so it wasn't very useful.I like the idea of the embroidered blanket coz thats something special that you can keep and the personal touch shows that you have put a bit of effort into thinking about it.Also don't know what your budget is but maybe pay to get some professional photographs done of the babies (obviously not at the very early stages when they dont look like humans) but i got some done of my daughter when she was 5 weeks old and they are really good, not even that expensive either.I cant think of anything else, but honestly what i appreciated most was people getting me nappies,wipes, baby bath stuff etc, not saying you will get that as a present but it was the most helpful thing i was bought

a blanket is good or a pillow because my nephew is 5 and still drags around his pillow. my lil bro was the same with his blanketor you could open a savings account for the baby and pay money in regulary, if you're balling like that

• 6 months later...

Nothing!Will get them something that they will appreciate over time.I'm kinda one of those guys who don't bow to the pressure of buying gifts just for celebration sake. If i wanna buy something i will, if i don't i don't, i wont feel no way. They are 5months now, ill get them an arsenal kit for summer.I see them more often than some of the people who got them shower gifts.

• 3 weeks later...