Fabregas "Bench ain't for me, might stay in London after all"

TF S4DK

Cesc Fabregas has admitted he is frustrated at being left on the bench in Spain's World Cup campaign.Arsenal captain Fabregas was overlooked again as Spain beat Portugal to march into the World Cup quarter finals.Fabregas is facing the frustration again in Saturday's quarter final with Paraguay as Xavi and Andres Iniesta are guaranteed midfield starting places ahead of him.Fabregas said: "I always want to play. I'm not used to sitting on the bench and I want to be playing at this World Cup."I'm always competitive at everything - even on the PlayStation. But that's my desire to win and I have that even in training."I've never been a player happy to settle for what I have, I always want more. I respect the coach's decision."I know to be in midfield is going to be difficult because we have a lot of good players but I will never give up."I've won a lot of caps but if I've not played three quarters of the game then it's not so valuable to me."I still don't think my best time for Spain has arrived and I still must carry on working to improve."Fabregas has also insisted that he is focused on the World Cup and will not necessarily leave Arsenal this summer despite Barcelona's interest.Barcelona's new president Sandro Rosell is expected to come back with a new offer for Fabregas once his term of office begins today.Former president Joan Laporta had a £30m bid for Fabregas turned down and the Arsenal captain has told Arsene Wenger face-to-face that he wants to join Barcelona.But Fabregas said: "I haven't said that I will definitely leave Arsenal. Everything is possible. Now I have my head and my focus on the World Cup."I am very pride to be captain of Arsenal and I love the club and have respect for them. It gave me such pride to be made captain.

the amount of arguments ive had with people over the years who try tell me fab is better then xavi and iniestalol xavis playing with a torn calf muscle and inesta still aint match fit parring the guys life

Cesc Fabregas has his heart set on playing for Barcelona next season, according to his Spain team-mate Gerard Pique. The 23-year-old Arsenal captain, who came through the Barca youth system with Pique, has been a peripheral figure in Spain's World Cup campaign. But his down time has been spent, according to former Manchester United defender Pique, with those players he hopes will be his team-mates at the Nou Camp next term. 'I have known that Cesc wanted to join Barcelona for many years - but now it is more than about wanting to do it,' Barca defender Pique said in a Sunday newspaper. 'Now it is something he feels he must do. 'The World Cup has not been a good thing for Arsenal. It has meant that he has been spending every day with myself, Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Victor Valdes - and he has made his feelings very clear to us. 'He is keeping his mind focused on Spain but his heart is in Barcelona. I think already in his heart he is wearing a Barcelona shirt next season.'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1291899/Bad-news-Arsenal--Cesc-Fabregas-told-Spains-Barcelona-stars-desperate-join-claims-Gerard-Pique.html#ixzz0sjQZyE1P

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has insisted that his club will not pay anywhere near the £50 million asking price being demanded by Arsenal for Cesc Fabregas.Indeed, Rosell has revealed in a radio interview that there are cash flow problems at Camp Nou, with the club looking for a £125 million loan to cover 'short-term liquidity' problems.The Catalan giants remain keen on Fabregas but have apparently decided that they will offer no more than £5 million beyond the £29 million they have already bid for the player."The subject of Cesc has been very public and complicated because it has put a lot of expectation on the price of the deal," said Rosell."There are things you cannot say until a deal is closed, otherwise you pay a premium. We will not pay €50-60 million (£40-£50 million) for Cesc," Rosell continued."Everyone knows he wants to come here and that we want him – imagine what he’ll find back at Arsenal!"Rosell also revealed that Barca had sold Dmytro Chygrynskiy back to Shakhtar Donetsk for £12.5m to ease their financial situation, meaning a £10m loss on a player they signed last summer.The club president is set to fly to South Africa, according to reports, to speak to Fabregas at the end of the World Cup. He is also expected to talk to Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the amount of arguments ive had with people over the years who try tell me fab is better then xavi and iniestalol xavis playing with a torn calf muscle and inesta still aint match fit parring the guys life
While this is true and something I've been c/s'in for a while (Xavi and Iniesta are both in World top 5 for me) he will play bare at Barca.Iniesta wide or Xavi to drop a bit deeper and Cesc to play high up in a role closer to the number 10, bare options. He'd see enough football.

Fabregas will get game time, but when everyone is fit he is on the bench.Guardiola wants to keep the same system, just always have fit, fresh and similar ability players.Ibra & Villa will never play together, its one or the other but both in the squad.He wants 2 players for each position. Hence why he ws pissed to lose Yaya Toure.

Villa will play on the left replacing henry if they gain confidence in zlatan again

They may do that in sh*t games, but come on the Spanish fans will think why accomodate SWEDISH Ibra at the expense of SPANISH Pedro and why move SPANISH Villa from the centre for the SWEDE. Ibra will have to be on this ting, or bench is him and even then people gonna think yeah but what about Bojan...