Match Day 20

MrJibbles

Suarez - My Hand of GodStriker says he had no choice but to block Adiyiah's headerLast updated: 3rd July 2010 Luis Suarez says he now has the 'Hand of God' after his controversial handball helped Uruguay reach the semi-finals of the World Cup. Ajax striker Suarez's deliberate handball on the goal-line in the final minute of extra-time prevented Dominic Adiyiah's header from sending Ghana through to the last four.Suarez was sent off for his action and then danced with glee on the sidelines when Asamoah Gyan smacked the resultant penalty against the crossbar.Uruguay went on to prevail 4-2 in the shoot-out to set up a semi-final clash with Holland and Suarez's handball drew comparisons to Diego Maradona's infamous goal against England at the 1986 finals.Prolific front-man Suarez is now claiming the 'Hand of God' mantle for himself and insists he had no choice but to block Adiyiah's header."This was the end of the World Cup. I had no choice. I have the 'Hand of God' now," said Suarez."I did it so that my team-mates could win the penalty shoot-out. When I saw Gyan miss the penalty it was a great joy."Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez believes it would be wrong to accuse his team of cheating and insists Suarez was properly punished for the incident.Tabarez said: "When there is a handball in the penalty area there is a red card and the player is thrown out of the game."Saying we cheated Ghana is too harsh a word to use. We also abide by what the referee did. It could have been a mistake. Yes he stuck his hand out, but it's not cheating. I don't think it's fair to say that."I think it was instinctive. The player instinctively reacted and was thrown out of the match and he can't play the next match. What else do you want?"Is Suarez also to blame for Ghana missing the penalty? We try to be dignified and if we lose a match we look for the reasons for it. You shouldn't look to third parties."This is football. There are consequences to that handball and he didn't know that Ghana was going to miss that penalty."

Holland forward Robin van Persie is having a scan on the arm injury he picked up in the quarter-final win over Brazil.The Arsenal star suffered the injury to his elbow five minutes from time in Friday's 2-1 win in Port Elizabeth after falling awkwardly.Van Persie was replaced by Klaas-Jan Huntelaar for the closing stages against Brazil and Holland are now waiting to find out the full extent of the injury.Along with team-mate Joris Mathijsen, Van Persie visited hospital in Johannesburg to have the injury assessed.Mathijsen picked up a knee injury in the warm-up before the Brazil game and had to be replaced by Andre Ooijer.Dutch coach Bert van Marwijk is unsure of the severity of the injuries to the pair, but is hoping they are not too serious."Robin van Persie is in hospital at this moment for a scan and Joris Mathijsen is the same. Robin has an arm problem and Joris a knee problem," admitted Van Marwijk.Van Persie is determined to play in Tuesday's semi-final with Uruguay saying he will even play with a broken arm if needs be."I'm in the semis and just for that match I will play with a broken arm if I need to," Van Persie told De Telegraaf.

Guest Triple XXX

f*ck a Suarezill stab man in his elbowf*ckin pissed right now yea i woulda been happy if Ghana had did it, bu they didnt, so im f*ckin pissedWaka Waka this time for Africa