The official Man city transfer thread

Admin.

lol..okay its serious now

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is prepared to take Robinho back and is closing in on his top transfer targets.

The Blues continue to track Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli and Aston Villa midfielder James Milner, with the club showing no signs of slowing down after a busy summer of market activity.

They have already spent big in their efforts to force their way into the Premier League's top four and Mancini has confirmed to Sky Sports News that he is still hopeful of bringing in more new recruits.

Speaking after City's latest pre-season friendly on their American tour, against Club America, the Italian revealed that he is optimistic regarding moves for Milner and Balotelli, who have been strongly linked with moves to Eastlands for some time.

Mancini also confirmed that he expects Brazilian playmaker Robinho to return to the club in the near future.

Inter Milan chief Ernesto Paolillo admits Douglas Maicon and Mario Balotelli are set to be sold.

Brazil fullback Maicon is wanted by Real Madrid, while Manchester City are finalising terms for striker Balotelli.

Asked about the pair, Paolillo declared: "We are in the Stock Exchange building where the basic rule is to announce business when it is final. But I think the idea is extremely reliable.

"Nothing has yet been completed, but that seems the way. For both, it is a yes."

• Downvote 1

Hamann hits out at City policy

Former Manchester City midfielder Dietmar Hamann has criticised the club's transfer policy, claiming that the instability caused by their extensive recruitment will prevent Roberto Mancini from mounting a title challenge.

City have spent vast amounts of money already this summer with Aleksandar Kolarov, Yaya Toure, David Silva and Jerome Boateng all moving to Eastlands. If, as expected, Mario Balotelli joins them then City's outlay will have exceeded £100 million.

Hamann left City in 2009, one year after Sheikh Mansour orchestrated the purchase of the club, and the German feels that spending lavishly will not bring City the trophies they desire. Hamann believes that the club must instead strive for some consistency in the squad.

"They should have finished in the top four last season and they didn't," Hamann told the Daily Mirror. "There is every chance they will not finish there again because Liverpool will be better next season and Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton will also be up there.

"I don't see City as title contenders. They need to bring some continuity to the club and stick with the players they have got. They have got to choose them carefully and buy the right ones. But if they keep doing what they are at the moment I don't see them challenging Manchester United or Chelsea.

"They have a turnover of 10 to 15 players every season and if they keep doing this they are not going anywhere. You need consistency and continuity at a football club. I don't agree with what they are doing now.

"City have got bundles to spend and they need to spend wisely. I am not sure if they are doing that. If you don't do things right off the field it is hard to get them right on it. That transpires to the whole set-up including the backroom staff and doctors. The City fans will want to see new arrivals - but big names don't win you games or win you titles.

"If you look at the first XI on paper, the longest-serving player has only been there for two years. They missed a massive trick when Richard Dunne left. They have paid a lot of money for all the others and let him go. But I still think he is better than all the central defenders they have got at the club."

• Upvote 1

Hamann telling the o so simple truth

Lets say their attack consists of Balotelli, Silva, Tevez and Adebayor

One has a lack of discipline albeit something to prove,

Two have language barrier problems

One only plays for the paycheck

One I can honestly say will simply have either very good days or very bad days

And one, if he has a bad day most likely theres nobody to motivate the team

The squad are now players who probably feel undermined and simply only make up the numbers, impact players will only be those signed

not much difference between a Milanese winter and a manchester one tbh

/

f*ck hamann and dunne wernt they the 2 leaders of the foriegners vs english lads battle that was going on a few years ago at city

Guest Portuguese

c/s flojo

Similar things were being said about Chelsea regarding players needing to gel etc etc.

Theyve got a title within 4 years imo. January a bit but next summer in particular the purchases made are gonna be pretty ridic if they get top 4 this season. Still need a class CB though.

David Luiz aka O Craque

c/s flojo

Similar things were being said about Chelsea regarding players needing to gel etc etc.

Theyve got a title within 4 years imo. January a bit but next summer in particular the purchases made are gonna be pretty ridic if they get top 4 this season. Still need a class CB though.

But Chelsea had a remarkable manager and proven players who wanted to play for the manager

City want Milner in CM because hes the latest in-thing SNM

Swear Mourinho didnt come in until like the third season or so of chelsea having all the money?

And think of some of the players that were brought in after Abramovic took over? Some horrendus players.

City have signed Silva, Yaya and are Gonna sign Balotelli and they already have Tevez...

If you cant see how much of a sick platform that is to build on then boy..

Guest Portuguese

Swear Mourinho didnt come in until like the third season or so of chelsea having all the money?

And think of some of the players that were brought in after Abramovic took over? Some horrendus players.

City have signed Silva, Yaya and are Gonna sign Balotelli and they already have Tevez...

If you cant see how much of a sick platform that is to build on then boy..

Second season 2004-05 because Roman arrived 03-04

Cech Robben Bridge Johnson Mutu Crespo Cole Duff were signed by Ranieri.

Mourinho signed PF Carvalho Tiago Drogba Smertin Kezman.he never got the other three he wanted as well at the tine Deco CarlosAlberto Joaquin.

Don't think it's comparable, the league was less competitive than it is now and Chelsea were a better side than Citeh were.

I can't see them getting anywhere near winning the league but I reckon they'll challenge for top 4. They'll win the league eventually though, obviously.

Chelsea had Mourinho, Terry and Lampard.

Don't think it's comparable, the league was less competitive than it is now and Chelsea were a better side than Citeh were.

I can't see them getting anywhere near winning the league but I reckon they'll challenge for top 4. They'll win the league eventually though, obviously.

....and Makelele, Drogba, Cech, the insane Robben + Duff combo, Carvalho, Gallas and Essien came the following season.

Chelsea simply had a much better team than what City have now.

And they still do. :Y:

Guest Portuguese

....and Makelele, Drogba, Cech, the insane Robben + Duff combo, Carvalho, Gallas and Essien came the following season.

Chelsea simply had a much better team than what City have now.

And they still do. :Y:

I forgot about Makelele Geremi Parker as Ranieri signings!

Chelsea had a better spine than what City have and also Mourinho inherited a very good team where Mancini has inherited a bit of a mess.

Ranieri signings>>>>Hughes signings