The official Man city transfer thread

Admin.

Guest M12 Part 2

Gallas part of the invincibles IIRC

^_)

sorry im confusded. happend other way round. u got the sh*t gallas init

his name fitted with Pires, Henry etc in my head

The denial is alot Citeh are a huge threat

what chelsea players were accustomed to winning things lol Damien Duff, Petr Cech, Lampard, Terry, Gudjohnsen, Arjen Robben, Joe Cole, Drogba (uefa cup LOSER),

Don't forget alot of key players for chelsea were those good premiership level players like Duff and Gudjohnsen they got them alot of points. and the rest were mostly mercs like Robben, Cech etc

*Ranieri got sacked, Mourinho kept 80% of his squad

Ricardo Carvalho, Tiago & Ferreira just won the league and Champions League with Porto.

Gallas part of the invincibles IIRC

Kezman & Robben just helped PSV to dutch title before they signed

Makelele Real Madrid SNM

The rest were good homegrown players and a few good players who he brought in like Cech

Thats why the Mourinho factor is great because he helped to instil a winning mentality/confidence into guys like Cech, Mutu, Lampard, Terry etc who were used to getting pumped every week or playing for nearly teams

Gallas only won Euro 2000

Balotelli, Vieira, De Jong (seeing as u feel eridivisie counts) Robinho, Yaya, Kolo, etc its not that hard is it lol could probs do suttin similar for spurs if i really tried

He instilled a winning mentality into Mutu :/

fact is chelsea had a batch of talented PROS (key word), give Ranieri 1 more season with full backing n he prob wins the title season after he's sacked, fact is he never had there backing. Not like he was far away in his 1st try with the p.

signings like Balotelli and Robinho detract from the pros part tho tbh.

true.

i still remember how chelsea fans were cussing drogba out during his 1st season booing him and coming with the usual racist "big black clumsy x"talk

now look at them

credit to mourinho for believeing in him and signing him when he could have easily bought a torres or a ronaldinho and credit to drogba for having the mental strength to get through it.

Always think about this quote whenever someone says something like this

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho turned down Roman Abramovich's offer to buy him the world's top four players.

The startling revelation is made in a new book written by Mourinho's close friend Luis Lourenco, with the full endorsement of the Chelsea boss, says the News of the World.

It recalls an amazing early conversation between the owner and manager and offers a stunning insight into a relationship that grew more and more strained.

Abramovich said: "Now that I'm here I'm going to buy Ronaldinho. Would you like that?"

Mourinho replied with one word: "No."

The startled Blues owner then said: "I'll buy you Zinedine Zidane."

Once again the answer was a simple "No".

"David Beckham?" - "No."

Abramovich's patience began to weaken: "OK, here's a name you can't refuse. Tomorrow, for you, I'll make my big friend Andriy Shevchenko a Chelsea player."

Mourinho replied: "No, no and no."

An exasperated Abramovich told his new manager: "But you don't understand, Mr Mourinho. I'm talking about buying the biggest stars in world football."

To which Mourinho replied: "No, it's you who doesn't understand, Mr Abramovich. You only need one star at Chelsea - me."

The book, titled "Leadership - The Lessons of Mourinho", received the full co-operation of the Chelsea boss, who also wrote an introduction for it in.

In it, he says: "I hope that those who speak or make an opinion about me can now do so with a new basis."

Its funny how things went downhill when he eventually signed Shevchenko

Guest M12 Part 2

I see your point Valeron but i just think the balance at City is all wrong and until they get a new manager who clears it out and rebuilds it. its not gonna work. Some weeks they are gonna smash teams 4-0. Other weeks they will be getting held away by Stoke, Wolves, Blackpool etc

Guest Portuguese

Tiago never came from Porto,he was signed from Benfica.

Leeds and Newcastle came close to putting a new name on the premiership title ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool(apart from one season when houiller left them points ahead but had to go to hospital then Thompson took over only to throw the title away)

Roman wanted Ronaldo(after all he is the reason why Roman loves football) but Mourinho wanted Drogba only he can get away way with transfer targets like that for an example he wants either Gomez or Amauri or Hugo Almeida to be our number nine yikes .

How can I a guy win the european cup with a transfer budget of 6m its unheard since 1991(Red Star Belgrade) Chelsea zero titles for 50 years and Inter no european cup since the 60's influence be over rated?

just need to look at inter milan for a team of foreign mercenaries that win the title

/

imo man city have a pretty balanced squad with no real superstars...they should finish top 3 easy this season

James Milner and Mario Balotelli

Milner and Balotelli will be on international duty this week

Manchester City say they hope to complete the signings of Aston Villa midfielder James Milner and Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli by Thursday.

On Friday, Villa manager Martin O'Neill admitted Milner was on the verge of a big-money move to Manchester City.

Villa rejected a £20m bid from City for Milner in May and put a £30m price tag on the England midfielder.

"We are close with both players but now they are going with their national teams," said City boss Roberto Mancini.

Milner is set to link up with the England squad ahead of Wednesday's friendly with Hungary while Balotelli has Italian national commitments as well, although Mancini is hoping to tie up both deals very swiftly once those midweek fixtures are over.

606: DEBATE

Have your say on this story

"We hope that we can have these players by next Thursday," added Mancini.

"For now we have two days off and we are not going to talk about the market. Next week we will see. These deals could happen but we need to wait."

Should both deals go through it would take City's summer spending beyond £125m and confirm their status as the richest club in the world.

If Milner does complete his move to City it will bring to an end their summer-long pursuit of the 24-year-old, something O'Neill thinks would be good for both clubs.

"I think for everyone's benefit it is probably time to try and get something done," said O'Neill on Friday.

Mancini also revealed he will shortly meet with forward Robinho to discuss his City future.

Robinho, who cost a British transfer record £32.4m when he arrived from Real Madrid in 2008, has just completed a six-month loan spell in his native Brazil with Santos.

Despite Robinho suggesting that he is keen to remain in Brazil, it is unlikely that Santos could afford to sign the 26-year-old on a permanent deal.

Mancini has admitted he is anxious to speak with the striker, who shone at this summer's World Cup, after he returns to the UK from New Jersey where Brazil take on the United States in a friendly on Wednesday.

The Italian, though, played down suggestions that Robinho could be used as a makeweight in City's attempts to capture Balotelli.

It is believed Balotelli, who was frozen out in the latter part of last season by former Inter boss Jose Mourinho in the club's historic march to a treble of Italian league, cup and Champions League triumphs, would cost City in the region of £24m.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8894044.stm

^_)