Re: Mark Bright

Rsonist

For those interested (got an email back from the BBC after my complaint about Mark Bright) -

Dear Mr *****

Thanks for your contact regarding the ‘World Cup 2010’.

I understand that you feel that Mark Bright is a poor commentator to be involved with this coverage.

The range of tastes and opinions held by our audience is so diverse that it’s inevitable some viewers and listeners will dislike or disapprove of certain commentators. It’s a very rare personality who meets with everyone’s approval, and it’s clear that opinions on individual commentators can vary considerably.

Programme contributors are appointed on the basis of their experience and talent, but judgements are often subjective and we would never expect everyone to agree with every choice we make.

We don’t engage any commentator unless we believe they’re competent and can meet the specific demands required of them.

I can assure you that the points in your contact have been included on the BBC's audience log. This is the internal report of audience reaction which we compile daily and which is circulated to all programme makers, commissioning executives and senior management. Your points, with other comments we received have been circulated and considered across the BBC.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

BBC Audience Services

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.

For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

Dont know whether to take it further?

seen bare people c/s scorcher on twitter when he said mark bright needs to get sacked

set up a petition online

when you get enough people signing it which you will because on loads of football forums and digital spys commentators topic ive seen the hatred towards mark bright

mark lawrenson is even worse

all he does is say these slick bitch comments that aint needed

commenting on players hairstyles and how the manager is dressed, but would never say nothing in their presence

i swear i should of knocked him out when i saw him on the train before with rings on all his fingers the c*nt

hes such a pussole type of guy aswell

• Upvote 2

commenting on players hairstyles and how the manager is dressed, but would never say nothing in their presence

i swear i should of knocked him out when i saw him on the train before with rings on all his fingers the c*nt

Lawrenson is a don.

If somebody told me he was an alcoholic and he was pissed he couldn't drink throughout matches it would all make sense, just comes on mic and starts cussing.

• Upvote 1

Guest Wheres Barry

:lol:

wtf.... are you seriously calling lawro a 'pussole type of guy'

:rofl:

• Upvote 1

it dont matter if hes black or white

he is clueless, and talks like he had the technique of zidane + the trophy cabinet of cannarvaro

did any of u man see him play pmsl

c/s

Lawrenson is a don.

If somebody told me he was an alcoholic and he was pissed he couldn't drink throughout matches it would all make sense, just comes on mic and starts cussing.

lmao

Dear Mr -

Thank you for contacting us regarding our World Cup coverage.

I understand that you’re unhappy with the quality of commentary provided as you believe it’s of particularly poor standard.

I can assure you that all of our programme contributors are appointed on the basis of their experience and talent and we don’t engage any presenter or commentator unless we believe they’re competent and can meet the specific demands required of them.

However, the range of tastes and opinions held by our audience is so diverse that it’s inevitable some audience members will dislike or disapprove of certain commentators and their style. Indeed, it’s a very rare personality who meets with everyone’s approval, and it’s clear that opinions on individuals can vary considerably.

Nevertheless, I've registered your comments on our audience log. This is a daily internal report of audience feedback which we circulate to all BBC staff, including those involved with our World Cup coverage and their senior management. It ensures that your concerns are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

BBC Audience Services