NiNES.

Can he do well in America?

40 posts in this topic

Needs to do well over here first...

regardless am saying 'No

I rate is work ethic/grind tho ...many artist over here should be taking note

u always ask this ive told u like 3 times

f*ck off

haha good being a stupid f*ck*ng prick bro. will recommend u for the trollie awards u shitcunt

pipe down p.brisco.

I asked a simple question, and was hoping for a straightforward answer

if anyones being a stupid f*ck*ng prick here its you.

G Frsh cant do well in America cos he is called G Frsh.

However that aside he can't cos his delivery isn't on point, like he might spit some of the illest bars in one verse but you have to really open your ear to hear them. That and he can go from murdering everyone on a track to coming last on a track.

That said he's a cool guy, he grinding and he should get a deal out here real soon if he continues. Couple labels already interested, so things like the showcase do him no harm just gotta keep the pressure up.

Yeah I was discussing this with a friend the other day, you can tell man has talent and all but you can listen to a track of his and not come out of it remembering a word - like Black Batman, all I can remember is parts of the chorus and not even the whole chorus at that.

Its not hard to see why Scorcher was the first of this cliquey UK hiphop scene to get signed.

already an american artist called G Fresh

+ ppl will slew his lip all day..trust me

Tbh all these UK rappers love talking about US, but IMO they need to focus on doing it here first

US wnt take to our mcs easily because of the "accent", and the fact that most yanks still view us as tea-sipping crumpet eaters.

Only rappers I have ever eard get some ratings are dizzee and SAS

only one they universally respect is slick rick

The problem there is what makes you successful in the UK, wont make you succesful in US and the longer you stay in the US, the UK stops caring about you.

Slick Rick is actually the proof, as nobody here really cares for Slick Rick in comparsion.

TBH, from time Americans still have problems accepting rappers from different areas within their own borders, then a UK rapper is a madness.

f*ck 'em anyway, concentrating on building something here....

/thread

Nothing really stood out watching that video.

Someone like dizzee is so UK that when the yanks hear his sound it's a bit more fascinating as it stands out.

The breakthrough you need is with the alternative hipsters that will break you in the US especially if get onto a site like Pitchfork or a mag like The Fader as those are the people that will come to the shows and buy the records. then maybe you get invited to the US festivals.

f*ck thinking US blacks that are not into the alternative music scene will give you the time of day these guys are seriously close minded to anything even slightly different.

/thread

/thread

/

why can't he get them stalactites cut out his mouth?

Drake poppin in America to Americans is as absurd as a UK rapper. If your hot and hotter than them doing them, NOBODY will deny you.

dn't knw about america but i think he can blow here though

heard a couple of his tracks like cheese, ugh and one other club tune. was fire but still main stream acceptable

afar is a sick tune

urgh aswell

Drake poppin in America to Americans is as absurd as a UK rapper. If your hot and hotter than them doing them, NOBODY will deny you.

The likelihood of a British rapper out-rapping an American rapper in the eyes of an American is FAR LESS than that of a Canadian doing it.

Drake aint even a proper rapper though is he?

same reason Taio Cruz n Jay Sean were big out there they aint proper RnB jus pop music

n ppl dnt get pedantic u know what i mean

Drake is a rapper who can 'sing'.

The fact he's still considered a rapper even though he sings, is testament he's certified.