Can he do well in America?

NiNES.

G Frsh cant do well in America cos he is called G Frsh.

However that aside he can't cos his delivery isn't on point, like he might spit some of the illest bars in one verse but you have to really open your ear to hear them. That and he can go from murdering everyone on a track to coming last on a track.

That said he's a cool guy, he grinding and he should get a deal out here real soon if he continues. Couple labels already interested, so things like the showcase do him no harm just gotta keep the pressure up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yeah I was discussing this with a friend the other day, you can tell man has talent and all but you can listen to a track of his and not come out of it remembering a word - like Black Batman, all I can remember is parts of the chorus and not even the whole chorus at that.

Its not hard to see why Scorcher was the first of this cliquey UK hiphop scene to get signed.

• Upvote 1

Tbh all these UK rappers love talking about US, but IMO they need to focus on doing it here first

US wnt take to our mcs easily because of the "accent", and the fact that most yanks still view us as tea-sipping crumpet eaters.

Only rappers I have ever eard get some ratings are dizzee and SAS

only one they universally respect is slick rick

Nothing really stood out watching that video.

Someone like dizzee is so UK that when the yanks hear his sound it's a bit more fascinating as it stands out.

The breakthrough you need is with the alternative hipsters that will break you in the US especially if get onto a site like Pitchfork or a mag like The Fader as those are the people that will come to the shows and buy the records. then maybe you get invited to the US festivals.

f*ck thinking US blacks that are not into the alternative music scene will give you the time of day these guys are seriously close minded to anything even slightly different.

Guest Triple XXX

Drake aint even a proper rapper though is he?

same reason Taio Cruz n Jay Sean were big out there they aint proper RnB jus pop music

n ppl dnt get pedantic u know what i mean