Street Fighter Tournament and Ranking Battle thread

Roy Batty

This thread will be for all events and organised match ups we arrange amongst ourselves. Hopefully will be a semi-regular occurrence from now on.

The next WinnerStaysOn tournament will be held on THURSDAY AUGUST 5THat HMV Gamerbase in Trocadero from 6pm

If you want to play on the set ups AT ALL you are going to have to chip in £2 to pay for the hire fee for the night.

If you want to enter the tournament it will be £3,

If we have 16 people it will be Double Elimination all the way

If we have over 16 people the format will be:

1st Round - Pools in a 'Round Robin' format. Depending on the numbers of entries will depend on the number of matches but pools will be split as equally as possible and drawn at random into 4 groups. Everyone will play each other once in a best 2 out 3 games match. The top 2 will qualify from their pool to the bracketed 2nd Round.

2nd Round - Double Elimination brackets. The top 2 players from each group will go through to the 2nd round, with a 1st place player drawn against a 2nd place player from a different group. The winners will advance to Winners Semi Finals whilst the losers will drop down into the Losers Bracket.

All matches will be best 2 out of 3 apart from the Grand Final which will be 3 out of 5. Character and Ultra changes are permitted after a win or loss. A player pausing the match for any reason during an 'unfrozen' point in the match (eg: during ultra animations, throws) will result in the loss of the round immediately.

Seeding: The top 4 placed players from last week's tournament will be split up into separate pools and cannot meet until the 2nd round.

Prizes:

1st place £50

2nd place £25

3rd place £10

REMEMBER YOU WILL NEED TO PAY £2 TOWARDS SET UP HIRE AS WELL AS £3 TO ENTER THE f*ck*ng TOURNAMENT, YOU BROKE BUMS!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaderboard & Results (15/07/2010)

Winner:

F Word (Ib, Ru)

2nd:

RMZ (Ba)

3rd:

Andreas (Ru)

4th:

DBUK (Bl)

Runners Up:

Aaron (Du) & Chris (Gy)

Top 4 will be seeded for next tournament. Top 6 earn points for the season's leaderboard

Current Leaderboard:

F Word 10

RMZ 6

Andreas 4

DBUK 2

Aaron 1

Chris1

Videos will be up on http://www.youtube.com/user/winnerstayson

Follow @WinnerStaysOn on twitter for more updates.

Just worked it out and for me to stretch it out to 20 people and do pools to cut it down to 8 players would take 46 matches, which is an extra 8 best 2 out of 3s on 2 set ups, which is at least an hour if not more. So that's long for the moment.

If we get more than 16 people tryna take part consistently I will look into bumping up the entry fee by an extra pound and hiring a 3rd set up for tournament games so one is left for casuals. But that will have to be for the future.

Will 100% be wrapped up by 10pm. It is 30 matches on 2 set ups, which means we will at most have to play 48 individual fights on each set up to get a winner. That shouldn't even take 4 hours. More like 3. And I am super organised, so there won't be any delay or confusion with who is playing when.

I am going to bring my HD pocket video camera and everyone will have to take turns filming the matches for upload. I think Fitz has one too, so if he can come along and bring me his, or even lend me it earlier in the week if he doesn't wanna pass through for just casuals, then we will be able to get every match online on my youtube channel for a bit of coverage/posterity.

I actually want to try and cover the scene as well as the games taking place, so that people get a bit of insight into who these names tagged at the top of the fight videos are, so will be expecting people to play along and do interviews etc.

I know how much you love 'the fans' so this will be a good way to get more of them!

Just remind all you lot that this is TOMORROW!

Trying start as close to 6pm as possible so if u can get there beforehand, do so.

Bring a controller if u don't wanna rely on someone else's stick/pad.

And don't forget to bring £4 to play otherwise I will slew you on youtube for being a broke ass waste of skin.