Match Day 25

MrJibbles

mandela_world_cup.jpgVenue: Soccer City, JohannesburgDate: Sunday, 11 July 2010Kick-off: 1930 BSTCoverage: Live on BBC1 and BBC Radio 5 live | Highlights on BBC red button | Full repeat on BBC3 (0020 BST). Plus watch live, listen live, watch in-game highlights (UK only) and follow live text commentary and on this websiteTEAM NEWSNetherlands coach Bert van Marwijk is expected to recall Gregory van der Wiel at right back and defensive midfielder Nigel de Jong after both missed the semi-final win over Uruguay through suspension.Playmaker Wesley Sneijder and goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg are both fit after shrugging off minor problems.Demy de Zeeuw did not break his jaw after receiving a kick in the face against Uruguay as was first feared, but his teeth were damaged and it is unclear if he will play any role.Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has to decide whether or not to recall Fernando Torres to the starting line-up, or stick with Barcelona forward Pedro. Cesc Fabregas is thought to have overcome a training-ground injury to his right leg, but played no part in the semi-final win over Germany.Paul The Octopus picked SpainMy last match day topic on the World Cup for another 4 years, enjoy!

My heart wants Holland to win.My head tells me Spain will win.I don't like the idea of Spain adopting what is essentially the archetypal Dutch style of football & winning a World Cup before Holland but in this tournament, they have been the better team.Hope Fabegras DOESN'T play here too.

my heart and head is telling me Holland will winAnd this octopus should die/Van Marwijk>>>__no one can chat sh*t for what hes done with this teameveryone in doubts when he selected these players but boyy...not losing a match in the qualifiers and the big world cup stage, you HAVE to give it to him...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The grandson of Nelson Mandela has said that Fifa has put "extreme pressure" on the former South African president to attend tonight's World Cup final.Mandla Mandela said the final decision on whether his grandfather would attend the match between Holland and Spain at Soccer City would be made by Mandela and his family. He also said the world governing body did not "understand the family's traditions and customs".Mandela's great-granddaughter, Zenani Mandela, died in a car accident on the eve of the tournament and Mandla Mandela said the family should be left alone to mourn her loss."The family has really taken a step back from a lot of activities and we've been mourning the loss of Zenani," Mandla Mandela told BBC Radio 5 Live. "So we've come under extreme pressure from Fifa requiring and wishing that my grandfather be at the final today."But I think that decision will solemnly lie with him, how he wakes up today, how he feels, what his medical team says, but as well his family."They [Fifa] said that [the Fifa president] Sepp Blatter wished that my grandfather comes out to the final. I think people ought to just understand the family's traditions and customs and understand we've had a loss in the family and we are in mourning and that for me would be enough reason to leave the family to be for now."Their focus is having this world icon in the stadium, yet not really paying attention to our customs and traditions as a people and as a family."http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/11/world-cup-2010-nelson-mandela

Cryuff "I feel that I only win in this final. I am in a fantastic situation. I am privileged. If Holland win, of course I will be happy; very proud. But even if Spain win and you see the football that they play. Then you say 'yeah, this is something I love' so of course you have to be happy for that too."http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/07/11/2020241/johan-cruyff-tells-goalcom-i-only-win-in-this-final-i-am-in

£10 on villa to score first + Spain win 1-0--- ( 25/1 odds) - £260 return£20 on villa to score first + Spain win --- ( 6-1 odds) - £140 return£50 on spain to win within 90 mins --- ( 11-10 odds) -£105 returnKeeping it low because i think it could go either way.

Want Holland to win. Altho Holland haven't played the ball I expected, I tipped Holland to be in the final with Spain. Can't honestly pick out a winner.For the support of my club i think I want van Persie to be on the winning team.One thing for sure if Spain win, Fabregas will feel he has to go and play in Spain too, only doubt left for him would be how much he'll contribute to it.

some intresting articles i read in the telegraph online the other dayhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/holland/7882541/World-Cup-final-after-years-being-Total-losers-Holland-are-entitled-to-win-ugly.htmlhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/spain/7882209/World-Cup-final-how-Holland-can-stop-Spain.html

Any big screens in central showing it?
Dutch pub De Hems has it, that's where I'm heading.Will either be crazy or flat come the final whistle.
Ah mate, that sounds sick. Would be sick to watch it with the dutch. My friend was out in Holland when the semis was on, it was mad he said