Getting Engaged

Supernova

as dumb as them girls that put married to their female friends and call them their wifey.
RAGERAGERAAAAGE
THIS MAKES ME WANT TO KILL PEOPLE!!! Two of my best mates are married to each other too. Pair of knob heads. "Just with the wife" f*ck OFF!!! It's just cos they feel sh*t putting "single" as their status. KNOBS.

as dumb as them girls that put married to their female friends and call them their wifey.
RAGERAGERAAAAGE
THIS MAKES ME WANT TO KILL PEOPLE!!! Two of my best mates are married to each other too. Pair of knob heads. "Just with the wife" f*ck OFF!!! It's just cos they feel sh*t putting "single" as their status. KNOBS.
This!

I have never understood why people do this young, or do this when they are not in a position to get married.It has never made sense to me, like your 19, in uni, and getting engaged. Your not getting married anytime soon. You simply don't have the resources the maturity or the freedom.Infact it pisses me off when people get engaged and liek stay engaged for yearsIs it some kind of insecurity thing?
its not the norm but it does happen and end living happliy ever after toomy bredrin got engaged at 19 to his girl who was 20, they been engaged since and getting married this autumn 4 years later.course he f*cked around but he's now tieing the knot. thats how i see it.....playtime's over

RAGERAGERAAAAGE
excl.gif
The rage kills me. Don't know why i have these people as friends.Slightly off topic, one other thing that rages me is when I see people have a long ass list of siblings. And these so-called 'siblings' are all their friends.

C/s the flow. Wouldnt mind the ring though.
This type of attitude from females disgusts me.I am certain that the vast majority of females only like the idea of getting married for 'their big day', its the ultimate ego stroke having a room full of people telling you how beautiful you look and how pretty your ring is for a full day.They see marriage as an event rather than an actual commitment to a relationship.
Never fully thought of this before.f*ck*ng lol.

I will be fully honest if I'm gonna get married I wanna do it in style.f*ck doing it in the registry office.Marriage is basically the ultimate thing for me and will be one of the most important events in my life so might as well make it worth remembering.Still shallow I guess, but I think that's slightly different from wanting to get married just for the wedding day.

RAGERAGERAAAAGE
excl.gif
The rage kills me. Don't know why i have these people as friends.Slightly off topic, one other thing that rages me is when I see people have a long ass list of siblings. And these so-called 'siblings' are all their friends.
Yeh AngeloHello haterwhy delete my name when quotin medamn plagiarist
  • Downvote 1

hmm im the first person to post anti wave so to an extent im playing devils advocate say your ready to make that commitment with your other half, both in your mid twenties, but dont currently have the finances to plan a weddingi'd propose purely as a sign of commitment and i suppose in a way social status eg we are engaged showing how serious our relationship isyeah after a few months or a year or two in a relationship fair enough thats sometimes a bit silly but 5 years down the line you live together just cant afford a wedding does that rule out getting engaged?

hmm im the first person to post anti wave so to an extent im playing devils advocate say your ready to make that commitment with your other half, both in your mid twenties, but dont currently have the finances to plan a weddingi'd propose purely as a sign of commitment and i suppose in a way social status eg we are engaged showing how serious our relationship isyeah after a few months or a year or two in a relationship fair enough thats sometimes a bit silly but 5 years down the line you live together just cant afford a wedding does that rule out getting engaged?
yesengaged is short for "engaged to be married" so if there's no marriage to happen there is no engagement.

gassed.. this is the most ego stroking a chic can get without actual commitment but I dont blame them, I blame the waste guys that allow themselves to be associated with such foolishness / I kno its been pointed out already but kaygee's reply was not puttin the work in

yesengaged is short for "engaged to be married" so if there's no marriage to happen there is no engagement.
hmm well i suppose traditionally it would mean the marriage has been agreed between families and no further offers for the womans hand will be considered. anyway thats irrelevant nowso if you have the intent to marry but not the finances you shouldnt get engaged? i dont agree.

Theres a big difference between two people who have been together for say 5 years and want to get married in the next few years getting engaged, than a couple of 6months just randomly getting engaged because they are 'in love' and they think it shows their commitment.. We all know they will probably wont be together in a years time let alone planning a wedding.I know a woman who is 32, she was 'engaged' 5 times before she married 5years ago. People (mainly young) just abuse the meaning. To be honest i think alot of girls just like to be able to say 'my fiance'.

you dont know what is in another persons heart
bun the neggersagree with skola/it is better to be engaged than to have a rash wedding and make a true mockery of committmentllow tellin people they cant engaged cos they cant afford to marry, u could get married at no cost engagement gives people time to have a certain level of committment and understanding between them and also is a signal to people outside of the relationship that both individuals are out of bounds.it is sad when people are engaged with seemingly no intention of marriage but as i say u dont know what is in another persons heart
  • Upvote 3

you dont know what is in another persons heart
bun the neggersagree with skola/it is better to be engaged than to have a rash wedding and make a true mockery of committmentllow tellin people they cant engaged cos they cant afford to marry, u could get married at no cost engagement gives people time to have a certain level of committment and understanding between them and also is a signal to people outside of the relationship that both individuals are out of bounds.it is sad when people are engaged with seemingly no intention of marriage but as i say u dont know what is in another persons heart
don't understand this at all/engagement isn't some kind of relationshipit is the time leading to a weddingYou don't just get engaged to say "we're more commited" or as a step up from "in a relationship"if it's not leading to a wedding it's not an egagement.

yh the intention to get married should be there, if there is not intention then it isnt an engagementbut it is better to get engaged, have some time, then if they decide they dont want to be together for whatever reasonit isnt as big a deal as if they got married an then got divorcedengagement is serious but it ain the end of the world and it is more of a committment than being merely 'in a relationship'it is a step up, it isnt being married is it?

You should never engage to commit, you should be commited to then engage to marry.
verbal pos. :D /Samiad from Your last post, You don't know what engaged means"there should be intention"no, You should be definite that You 2 will marry, and it's just pretty much waiting to happen.

Generally people who are serious about it, get engaged then marry a yr or so later, which allows them the time to plan their perfect wedding.What I don't get is people who get engaged, fool around, try to justify their actions then say thats it we getting married next month so the player is retiring... WHAT THE f*ck. talk about twisted principles, you may as well have been single.

i'm gonna propose on her birthday, (in a couple of weeks) and then plan for it in a few years time once i've finished uni, her ring isn't gonna be expensive and the the wedding won't be a lavish affair, i'm planning close family only tbh. i know she'll agree.