Pride, Insecurity and Stubbornness

Gunner

P I SHow do these elements impact on your relationships.Ive noticed that among my friends especially and generally further a field brake ups are usually to do with an element of these things.How about you.Sorry for the sh*t intro.Discuss

His biggest problem is his pride he wants to kill everyone if he feels like he's being disrespected it does my f*ckin nut in I've told him on like two serious occasions when it has happened if he carries on I will f*ck*ng leave him. I am a stubborn bastard and he hates it but I am who I am. I reckon that'll be our downfall though if it isn't something externally, my stubborness and his pride making him make decisions he doesn't need to make.

I personally think I haven't been stubborn enough.But in general I'm a very proud person and rather insecure.I do think insecurity had an effect on my last relationship, I wouldn't say it was the reason but it definitely played apart.I do wonder to myself if its even possible to rid myself of it or at least reduce it!

I am the most stubborn guy you could meet, my experiences with similarly stubborn girls have been awful. Cannot and will not work.My girl is not really stubborn so we compliment eachother quite well and my stubborness/pride aint really a problem. Apart from when we're out and similar to charliechalk's man I feel like guys might be tryna disrespect me.

not even gonna lie, a lil bit of insecurity and selfishness on my part. i really liked this chick i wanted it to go a bit further but i convinced myself that i have other priorities and things to worry about and tbh i do.i honestly don't have time to maintain a relationship right now, im trying to use every hour of the day effectively and making sum chick happy that i could break up with at anytime is at the bottom of the list

I'm a good judge of character, so if I feel a chick is taking the piss & I deal with it, I know it isn't out of 'pride'. I see it as acting accordingly.A touch of insecurity I guess, but I tend to over-analyze. Plus, in my head, I always bang on about my 'potential' so I never think what I do is 'enough'.I'm a laid-back dude. I know how to compromise. Not really stubborn.

Wouldn't say I'm selfish in fact I'd say I'm the opposite, I've been willing to do things for people that have even surprised me but the moment I feel that I'm being taken for granted I'm done. This has lead to those 'you would have done ________ for me before' conversations.Wouldn't say I'm insecure really either, it really frustrates me that people allow issues they have control over to become insecurities that can affect their relationships.A common one is females who get out of shape which leads to them feeling threatened by other attractive females more so than they normally would be which creates tension. If your relationship means anything to you surely it makes sense to address it?Pride has been my downfall over the years in many situations and over the past year or so I've made a conscious effort to think about whether it's worth missing out on opportunities, sacrificing relationships with friends etc over pride. It's not easy but I think it's something I defo need to work on.

i'm stubborn,One girl i'm dating was talking to me about us going on holiday, and i was like :D and said " naa not going to happen, i just about can tolerate you" and blanked her for two weeks and in between i said some harsh things.Although i felt bad about what i said to her, i was too damn stubborn to apologise or acknowledge her, it took her to ring me in the early hours of the morning to apologise ect. I need to sort my stubbornness out otherwise it could f*ck up any relationship i have in the near future.

• Downvote 1

Pride & Stubbornness are mine, to the extent, I always want to buy things my self, so its hard for my partner to suprise me. Kind of person that If i get something into my head that I want, Ill just go get it or start saving for it.And even when I'm unwell I want to do things my self and for others, so even when my partner tries to tidy up and do nice gestures around the house I start doing it my self, not as bad as a I used to be but I am aware that I quite often dont let ppl look after me.

Just stubborness is my downfall. I find it very hard to apologise when I know im in the wrong. At first, I will try to convince myself that I done nothing wrong, going through every excuse possible and when i do realise that I was wrong, i just dont like apologising and find a reason why i shouldnt be apologising.You would rarely hear me say 'Im Sorry'.Was like this with my ex, but f*ck it, he deserved it.

• Downvote 2

Just stubborness is my downfall. I find it very hard to apologise when I know im in the wrong. At first, I will try to convince myself that I done nothing wrong, going through every excuse possible and when i do realise that I was wrong, i just dont like apologising and find a reason why i shouldnt be apologising.You would rarely hear me say 'Im Sorry'.Was like this with my ex, but f*ck it, she deserved it.
Summed me up tbh

Im not too stubborn, used to be but it got me no where. I'll admit when im wrong and will always compromise. I can be insecure but i never let it come between or affect my relationship, its my problem so i have to deal with it myself. I am however very proud, i don't expect to be taken the piss out of due to the insecurities i may have and for how forgiving i can be. Certain people will try and take advantage of those qualities. He is stubborn but will compromise after thinking about it for a while, hes not insecure at all but is very proud, sometimes jumps to conclusions and thinks bad of people before seeing the whole picture. I think my mellowness compliments his personality so we work well together and can almost always agree on something, even if its after a heated discussion.

Just stubborness is my downfall. I find it very hard to apologise when I know im in the wrong. At first, I will try to convince myself that I done nothing wrong, going through every excuse possible and when i do realise that I was wrong, i just dont like apologising and find a reason why i shouldnt be apologising.You would rarely hear me say 'Im Sorry'.Was like this with my ex, but f*ck it, he deserved it.
This is EXACTLY one of the reasons i broke up with my girlfriend yesterday. That sh*t is too much its f*ck*ng immature and pointless, taking being stubborn to a next level sort it out!!!. The wickedest is thing is you once you convince yourself youve done nothing wrong you actually BELIEVE it and blame others.My girl was a mixture all 3. Firstly, pride. Shes 2 years older than me so believe any sign of dominance she didnt like it...she would then start acting immature, deliberately going against me, sending me spitful texts and what not.Insecurity, im texting...who you texting?....im dialling...who you calling?...dont answer private number...oh its a girl then...i personally kept all my female friends away from her to avoid complications, on my part i had a problem with male friends, who magically appeared AFTER we got together(despite the fact i reiterated that this is one thing i cant be dealing with when it comes to relationships when we was 'dating').I agreed to compromise with her and told her not to lock them off but tone it down, i.e cant be calling someone you met a couple months ago your friend, don't need, she couldn't see where i was coming from. Also if were out and theres an attractive girl looking at me she will start cussing her, man dem look at her all the time like i dont exist it dont phase me coz i know what man dem are like, i used to do the same thing lol.Stubborness, were both stubborn however its a thing were if i was wrong i would hold my hands up and say it even if i didnt apologize aswere shes exactly like Jodie. Then she will say that i can never admit when im wrong even if i JUST done it lmao im getting vex typing now ill be back