Street Slang in Schools

Guest Esquilax

Guest WAVESURFER

YES BECAUSE HOW YOU TYPE ON THIS FORUM REPRESENTS HOW YOU TYPE/WRITE IRL INNIT YOU CUNTS

Noone's saying that, but when people are repeatedly mangling even the most basic spelling and grammar on here, it doesn't take a genius to work out that they're probably not literary titans in real life.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

YES BECAUSE HOW YOU TYPE ON THIS FORUM REPRESENTS HOW YOU TYPE/WRITE IRL INNIT YOU CUNTS

Noone's saying that, but when people are repeatedly mangling even the most basic spelling and grammar on here, it doesn't take a genius to work out that they're probably not literary titans in real life.

gahahaha

Guest Triple XXX

i aint the cleverest, no where near

but i learned to read from early n that helped me

IMO you cant teach intelligence its sutin u have that leads u to acquire the intelligence, which btw i dont have, jus sayin

but i thank my parents for makin me read early cos it opened a few doors for me, too bad i couldnt b f*cked to stay in education..

but still, the 12 gcses didnt hurt

• Upvote 1

i aint the cleverest, no where near

but i learned to read from early n that helped me

IMO you cant teach intelligence its sutin u have that leads u to acquire the intelligence, which btw i dont have, jus sayin

but i thank my parents for makin me read early cos it opened a few doors for me, too bad i couldnt b f*cked to stay in education..

but still, the 12 gcses didnt hurt

i read the first line of this post and was expecting bars for some reason

Guest Yilmaz

lol @ everyones mum making them read dictionaries therefore you are all now literary bawses

f*ck off

TRUSS ESPECIALLY WHEN MOST ARE MAKING SPELLING MISTAKES IN THERE POSTS.

JOKE TENG.

c/s these guys.

Half the cunts acting like they're intellectual powerhouses can barely string a sentence together nor even have 9-12 GCSEs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nothing wrong with using certain slang in certain situations but the thing is too many kids think its cool to talk like a retard. How can I say a word with more than 6 letters in it and a girl say to me 'raah ur bare smart usin dem big words' smh.

Guest Yilmaz

Nothing wrong with using certain slang in certain situations but the thing is too many kids think its cool to talk like a retard. How can I say a word with more than 6 letters in it and a girl say to me 'raah ur bare smart usin dem big words' smh.

My new comedy will address all of this.

• Downvote 2

Stand up?

Or comedy film?

Guest Yilmaz

Stand up?

Or comedy film?

Short sketches.

Stand up?

Or comedy film?

Short sketches.

You post Your stuff on youtube?

and randomly unrelated...

Your name is makin me assume You're turkish, and jus wana verify before i do ( has no bearing on anything, jus in terms of e persona when i read )

Guest Yilmaz

off topic, but equally as important as speaking correctly is learning who to stay in with

you need 2 learn which people to keep in favour with if you want to progress

Obviously, but telling that such things are now seen as pearls of wisdom.

• Downvote 1

Guest Blue State Of Mind

It does make me smh when I see all these youngers talking all this slang

cos when you go for that job interview, and you cant find the words you want to use/speak articulatly

that slang sh*t is stupid

Fam i use slang everyday when talking 2 friends family etc, yet if i was to go to an interview now i would incorporate different language when talking to my interviewer, i study English Lang and Lit having got an A* at GCSE and i'm predicted an A for A-levels. There is nothing wrong with using slang, you just need to know when and whee to use it, the ability to adapt to your environment is important. And anyways if you study English past GCSE level the teacher is always quick to point out that there is no such thing as bad language, what is slang today may not be tomorrow evidence in some slang terms being added to the oxford dictionary, there are many words people like Shakespeare would of use considered proper English that may not be in use today.

Guest Yilmaz

cos when you go for that job interview, and you cant find the words you want to use/speak articulatly

Fam i use slang everyday when talking 2 friends family etc, yet if i was to go to an interview now i would incorporate different language when talking to my interviewer, i study English Lang and Lit having got an A* at GCSE and i'm predicted an A for A-levels. There is nothing wrong with using slang, you just need to know when and whee to use it, the ability to adapt to your environment is important. And anyways if you study English past GCSE level the teacher is always quick to point out that there is no such thing as bad language, what is slang today may not be tomorrow evidence in some slang terms being added to the oxford dictionary, there are many words people like Shakespeare would of use considered proper English that may not be in use today.

I think we all know this.

Lol @ the irony of Bobby's poast.

WANTED TO POS YOU

BUT NAH FAM NOT AFTER THAT

• Upvote 3

slang is a short form of something, not a replacement.

Alan sugar can buss cockney in stepney market

and chat with the queen right afterwards.

but yeh ur right for the most part

• Upvote 1

most ppl who are overtly against the use of slang, or at least street slang imo are like that because they feel threatened/insecure about not being part of the culture.

i.e. one black chick i know tries to slyly cuss the use of slang but at the same time always asks if i look at her differently cos she doesnt use it/understand it or woteva.

LOL

THOSE CHICKS

/

C/S VENOM AND THE SIR ALAN EG.

THAT'S WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT TBH

Guest Yilmaz

most ppl who are overtly against the use of slang, or at least street slang imo are like that because they feel threatened/insecure about not being part of the culture.

i.e. one black chick i know tries to slyly cuss the use of slang but at the same time always asks if i look at her differently cos she doesnt use it/understand it or woteva.

lolol

do you think that my banker mates who take the piss out of black/urban culture want to be a part of this culture tho? Hmmm I get what you're saying, but the approach of:

"X takes the piss, thus he must be insecure/hating/jealous"

is not always the case. You could conversely argue that those who think in THAT way, are using the insecure/hating/jealous argument as a way to convince themselves that they are right.

Where does the cycle stop?

well if You can use slang and the king's english ( cue negs, but i REFUSE to accept the language belogs to a woman or changes hands each time we change ruler ) then You got the best of both worlds and they lose out.

You can have a convo in slang with a bredrin and they will hear a foreign language, but they can't hide sh*t from You.

• Downvote 1