Wog Socket Protects Kiernan Who Shanked PL Footballer Brother

Hernandez Balcazar

BLOWING kisses to her little baby boy, Cara Davenport looks like any other besotted mum.

She clearly adores four-month-old Luca, but finding out she was pregnant with her son triggered a chain of events which tore her family apart.

Cara's brother, former West Ham footballer Calum Davenport, and their dad Curtis turned up drunk on Cara's doorstep and hurled abuse at her, apparently for getting pregnant by a mixed-race man.

The baby's father Worrell Whitehurst retaliated hours later by stabbing Calum in the legs, leaving him near death.

Speaking for the first time about the incident which has left Whitehurst serving six years for GBH and Calum fighting to rebuild his football career, Cara said: "I named my son after Calum, because we were so close. I can't believe everything that has happened between us.

"He'd had eight pints that night and if he was sober I know he would never have acted like that. I've had to take him home from the pub before because someone looks at him wrong and he starts to kick off.

"I can't describe how awful the past few months have been but now I want to make a fresh start.

"I know I can be part of a happy family again."

The row started when Calum, 27, and Curtis found out Cara was expecting Whitehurst's baby and went to her house to confront her.

Trying Calum for attacking his sister earlier this month, Luton Crown Court heard that the pair called Cara a "whore," a "form of cancer," and "n***** meat," although the judge said it was not clear who said what.

The slanging match descended into violence and neighbours heard hysterical screaming: "Get off my mummy" as Cara and Calum fell on to the stairs.

Blood

Cara claimed Calum tried to throttle her and headbutted her five or six times, but Calum told the jury he had intervened when Cara punched their father, and their heads "clashed".

Cara said: "After the incident I ran screaming to a neighbour's house.

"I had blood all over my face and my head hurt so much I could hardly think straight.

"I called 999, the police arrived and asked them to leave. I said I didn't want to press charges. Calum is my brother and I didn't want to ruin his career."

Whitehurst arrived home to the chaotic scene and was furious at what had happened.

Cara said: "He got back in the car with my cousin and drove off. I had no idea where he was going." In fact Whitehurst had taken a knife from the kitchen and gone to confront Calum, who was at his mother's house.

He stabbed him in both legs and then fled to his home in Derby.

Former England under-21 player Calum, who once earned £20,000 a week, lost half the blood in his body after his artery was severed and was in danger of losing his limbs. Only four hours of emergency surgery saved him.

Calum trained with West Bromwich Albion in April but they have not signed him and his footballing future is uncertain.

Mum Kim, 50, also received stomach wounds in the attack when she tried to separate the men.

Cara said: "I got a call from my mum who was at the hospital and I went straight over there. I was devastated, Worrell has never been in trouble with the police before and has no previous convictions. I can lose my temper in an argument but Worrell has always walked away.

"He just lost it. He thought I could lose the baby and couldn't stand what my brother and my dad had said to me."

Whitehurst handed himself in to police and pleaded guilty to GBH in November. The CPS charged Calum with ABH and Cara gave evidence from behind a screen at his trial last month.

She said: "I felt sick and I was shaking. I had to sit behind a screen because if I'd had to look at my brother I don't think I could have done it."

Judge Michael Kay branded the behaviour of the soccer star and his dad "deplorable" but the jury cleared Calum of the charge.

Cara said: "When I heard he'd been found not guilty I broke down and at first felt very angry. But after a few minutes I calmed down. Calum has two daughters and I don't want my nieces to lose their dad.

"I love Calum and I wish him well. One day, maybe we'll be on speaking terms again."

However, Cara has not forgiven her father for his part in the episode and they no longer communicate.

Calum and Cara were once extremely close.

Cara, 28, recalled: "There's only 16 months between me and Calum. Our parents split up when we were very young and we went to live with our dad. We saw or spoke to our mum about once a week but she was living her own life.

Stormy

"Dad brought us up. It wasn't a happy childhood but it brought my brother and I closer."

After a stormy relationship, Cara split with her black partner Neville Knight shortly after giving birth to son Calum Junior, who she calls CJ, now five. Knight, 35, is currently serving life for armed robbery, with a minimum term of seven years, and Cara no longer has any contact with him.

Cara claims that Curtis, 50, a sales manager, refused to even acknowledge his grandson until he was seven months old because the baby was mixed race.

Cara said: "He wouldn't hold him or even look at him. Eventually my nan talked him round."

In August 2008 Cara, a customer services assistant for an energy firm, left CJ with her mum Kim Stupple and went on a week-long holiday with three girlfriends to Cyprus.

She met Whitehurst, 26, a railway worker, in a bar and the two kept in touch when they returned home.

She said: "He was romantic, thoughtful and kind, something I'd never experienced."

It was in August last year that Cara found she was pregnant, leading to the ugly scenes.

Earlier this month Whitehurst was sentenced to six years in prison.

Cara has stuck by him though and takes baby Luca to see his father. She is focusing on the day when they can be a family again.

She added: "Being a successful footballer made Calum arrogant. I asked him to leave several times that night but he just said, 'This isn't even your house, it's a council house you rent'.

"I'm speaking out because I want to highlight that abuse isn't just between women and their partners. It can be between fathers and daughters, or brothers and sisters."

article-1245883-062B1C37000005DC-136_468x318.jpg

Mk was not having it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Guest Awesome Kong

LOL This story makes me laugh each and every. I might ring this chick and laugh down the phone to her tbh.

/

Swear she loves off younger light skin / mixed raced dudes & she is not shy about it. LOL at her selling this story now her brothers money will dry up.

• Downvote 2

LOL This story makes me laugh each and every. I might ring this chick and laugh down the phone to her tbh.

/

Swear she loves off younger light skin / mixed raced dudes & she is not shy about it. LOL at her selling this story now her brothers money will dry up.

bang on this image ting when it comes to this beanbag