Arsenal squad in Austria

Francis Coquelin

I said blame Wenger for Given, but I assume Arshavin was more important. I think they went in the same window anyway...Lol at buying Cudicini to be number 1, would have gone down as well as buying Silvestre tbh. Joke is Chelsea probably wont even allowed him to go to us anyway.When did I say Almunia was good enough?! I said blame the goalkeeper coaches for our keepers, and I'll maintain that, as not one of them is commanding in the air and catching a ball in the air is something that I know you can teach.

Hello from a Norwegian Gooner in Austria… Thx for a great site JS.I have been on both traningssession today, and this is my input to this site.The morningsession was most running and AW drill some defensive stuff, and some freekicks. Nasri and Song shots best, and none leftfooted player score from freekics.. (VanP was not there) In the evning AW played a game with 20 players. In the Green team :Alm1 – Sagna, Clichy, Djou20, Håvard – Song, Nasri, AA23 – Vela, Cha29They played against the Yellow for 6 short halfs, total of 30 min. In the Yellow team :Vito – Eboue, Gibbs, Kos6, Verm5 – Frimpong, Rosicky, Walcott – JET, Wilshere.(Maybe this two sides will play each half on tuesday)The Yellow team won 2-0 after goals from JET and a lovley chip from Wilshere. Both goals came in the first 10 min. What I saw : The Green team struggle to create chances. Only Nasri impresses me in front of goal (in the Green team) AA23 tried to pass Eboue 5-6 times without luck, and he looked no good at the moment. Nobody runs more than Eboue today. JET and Jack impresses me inside the box. Vito and Alm1 made some good saves, and I think AW will play them on tuesday. I think all of the 4 CD played well. Kos6 was very good and gave Cha29 no chances. Verm5 and Kos6 could be our CD-pair this year. Just before the end Djou20 fouled Wilshere, and he stays down…. But he walked out and looks OK.Today Eastmond runs on his own, and Diaby (calf), Traore (hamstring), Henderson and Landsbury did not show up at all. Fabi and Szczesny was there, but did not play the game.Thats all from Bad Walterdorf !!

tweets from a NOTW reporter in bad waltersdorf

DanKing_NOTW Wilshere hurt in challenge with Djourou. Doesn't look serious.DanKing_NOTW Sagna is such a pure striker of the ball. Maybe if all #arsenal fans shout shoot, he'll try his luck a bit more.DanKing_NOTW profileDanKing_NOTW Arsenal fans having it large in the Blue Room, Bad Waltersdorfpi. I am here in the name of research.DanKing_NOTW It's actually quite a treat to watch, this. Basically 5 v 4 outfield at both ends, in favour of attackers. Some tasty challenges, esp ClichyDanKing_NOTW Theo Walcott really isn't that good , how he's a footballer is beyond belief :D DanKing_NOTW Lovely finish by Wilshere in 10 v 10 mini game. You'll be glad to hear it's pouring with rain after days of 90 degree heatDanKing_NOTW profileDanKing_NOTW Nasri still on fire in free kick practice. Chamakh, not so much.DanKing_NOTW Almunia and Mannone in nets, which suggests they will play a half each in tuesday's friendly.DanKing_NOTW Chamakh having an, er, interesting start to the small-sided shooting practice.
I wonder what the excuses for Theo will be this season, now that he's injury free and has had a full pre-season under his belt.

Don't think Lansbury will make it, provided Ramsey comes back to normal, even if we sell Cesc, Wenger still has Diaby, Song, Ramsey, Nasri, Wilshere and his beloved Denilson. Lansbury will get some games but by the time he hits 21, he'll be sold. TBH this season a big season for him, he has to get at least as many games as Merida did last year.Lansbury been injured in Austria, think he came home yesterday.

A lot of people seem to think he's special, I've yet to see it myself.Same goes with Henderson.
Hes got the potential from what I saw from him at WatfordChampionship fans wer foaming at the mouth at him n how much of a prospect he isHopefully he will go to Newcastle, I think using Cleverly as a benchmark is wise in terms of if Cleverly is playing in the prem (on loan or mancs) so must Henri if he wants to improve, coz I can see Cleverly lapping him and tbh theres not much between the two

Arsenal and Sheffield United have been left frustrated with the news that Kyle Bartley has actually broken his collar bone, not just cracked it as was first feared. It leaves the centre back with an uncertain immediate future.Bartley made 12 appearances on loan in the Championship with Sheffield United last season, and a deal was in place for him to return to Yorkshire for the full campaign after completing pre-season with Arsenal. However, during the holidays he suffered an injury to his collar bone, which was first believed to only be a crack, but is now confirmed as a break.Kyle was hoping to win a first-team place during pre-season and instead be a part of Arsène Wenger’s plans for the new season, something The Blades were content with. However, the injury saw Ignasi Miquel jump the queue, even featuring against Barnet in pre-season. It leaves Kevin Blackwell short of re-inforcements, with the former Leeds boss already turning to former Gunner Kerrea Gilbert.Bartley is expected to return to training in two to three months.

Arsène Wenger has allowed three of Arsenal’s Reserve team midfielders to return home early from the first-team training camp in Austria. The trio are all nursing injuries.Henri Lansbury, Craig Eastmond and Conor Henderson are all carrying minor knocks while Armand Traoré has also flown back as he’s surplus to requirements. Lansbury and Eastmond both sustained injuries after Arsenal’s 3-0 win over Sturm Graz and they’ve struggled to train since. Henderson was the surprise inclusion in the travelling party, and he’s been nursing a problem first picked up during the opening pre-season game at Barnet.Lansbury is being head hunted by Championship and a scattering of Premier League club’s for a potential loan spell, although Henri remains hopeful the little action he’s had so far can convince Wenger he’s worthy of a first-team place.Eastmond and Henderson are both poised for loan spells later on in the campaign.