Parasailing donkey stunt sparks police inquiry

Vertigo

Police in southern Russia are investigating allegations of animal cruelty after a donkey was made to parasail as part of an advertising stunt, Russian media report.

The donkey was sent up into the sky last week by entrepreneurs hoping to attract people to their private beach. Witnesses near the beach on the Sea of Azov in the Krasnodar region said the animal had been screaming in fear. It landed in the water and was pulled onto the shore, said police.

"The donkey screamed and children cried," regional police spokeswoman Larisa Tuchkova told AFP news agency. "No-one had the brains to call police." Instead, bystanders took photos and phoned newspapers, she said. "It was put up so high into the sky that the children on the beach cried and asked their parents: 'Why did they tie a doggy to a parachute?'" Taman newspaper reported last week.

"The donkey landed in an atrocious manner: it was dragged several metres along the water, after which the animal was pulled out half-alive onto the shore," the paper reported. Police began to investigate after the incident, which occurred at the coastal village of Golubitskaya, was aired on national news on Tuesday.

The businessmen responsible may face criminal charges for animal cruelty, according to news agency RIA-Novosti.

What sort of person thinks the best way to advertise their business is to launch a donkey into the air. :/

• Upvote 2

f*ck*ng disgusting!

disturbing the amount of people on here that find this acceptable & funny. Some sick twisted ppl.

get off ur high horse

lul

So your telling me you see nothing wrong with that?

This is why we have sick cunts in this world and in my opinion people who participate or find it funny to see animals treated cruely by other people, are sick disturbed wankers!

Neg me all you want, I just have a heart, you heartless pricks!

& When im passionate about something Ill f*ck*ng stand up on my high horse all I want she is indeed a high f*ck*ng horse...

SHIRE!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Guest Triple XXX

LMFAO

chill EASE man sh*t, cnt even take a joke

I dont find animal cruelty funny.

Nor did I find your wee joke funny.

so u gettin lifted into the sky is animal cruelty??

seeeen

EASe, did You really not lol once before thinking about the cruelty?

Lens have you ever been in the presense of an animal in real distress Or heard an animal screaming in distress?

I have, and from that No I don't find it funny what so ever and when I seen it shoot off and it struggle, my first thought was my empathy and emotional side, how fearful that animal would have been not knowing what was going on or if it was going to survive. People just don't think thats the problem, Ignorance is bliss! The worlds a nasty place and theres lots of nasty people too.

Tripple x - Oh yes your a funny one. I think you knew what I meant. Smarty pants!!

I guess you must like trying to add animals on ur facebook.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

f*ck*ng disgusting!

disturbing the amount of people on here that find this acceptable & funny. Some sick twisted ppl.

get off ur high horse

lul

This is why we have sick cunts in this world and in my opinion people who participate or find it funny to see animals treated cruely by other people, are sick disturbed wankers!

& When im passionate about something Ill f*ck*ng stand up on my high horse all I want she is indeed a high f*ck*ng horse...

SHIRE!!!!!!

won't someone think of the children.

f*ck*ng disgusting!

get off ur high horse

lul

SHIRE!!!!!!

won't someone think of the children.

You see thats not even funny too.

Report me!

You don't know what your talking about.

But the takeoff???

I mean true the reporter said half an hour in the air which is f*cked

But the takeoff??

NO, Its a wee shame for the animal :(

why can't people see that? :blink:

i do

but the laughter is automatic 1st