Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Triple XXX

Freeview to broadcast Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2

11 posts in this topic

Sky and Top Up TV have agreed a deal that will allow Freeview customers to watch Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2.

The service can be paid for monthly, unlike its other competitors, where customers agree a subscription.

Virgin Media recently announced that it will be showing Sky Sports in high definition from next month, at an additional cost of £7 a month.

In March, Ofcom ruled that Sky would have to cut the price it charged rivals to show its premium sports channels.

Last month, BT Vision announced it had also agreed a deal with Sky offering consumers access to Sky Sports via its IPTV service from £6.99 per month.

Top Up TV's Nick Markham said the freeview package gives subscribers more freedom.

"With no 12 month contract, the lowest stand-alone price and no need to buy bundled packages, Top Up TV puts fans in control," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-10711711

for those that dont want to get tied to some long ting this is a good look

No sky sports 3?

I'll still do it though, sky sports is the only reason I have sky anyways.

whens this avialable

thats all i want to know

From August 2, the pay-TV operator will make the two premium sports channels available in time for the start of the new English Premier League season.

prices are a joke though

Customers will be able to subscribe to Sky Sports 1 for £22.99 a month or a bundle of Sky Sports 1 and 2 for £31.99 a month. Alternatively, they can opt for a bundle of Sky Sports 1, 2 and ESPN for £39.99 a month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news/a247639/top-up-tv-to-offer-sky-sports-1-2.html

BT Vision is alot cheaper i think

14 pounds per month for both channels, or 7 quid per month if you only want SS1 for example

Was going to do it until I saw the price.

40 note for 3 channels lmao

some bump

HQ streams hooked up to the tv >>>>> paying