Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
King Jammy

AMINO ACIDS

10 posts in this topic

Just started looking into AA's. Anyone on here take them? What benefits do they bring? What differences have you seen/felt since taking them?Are they essential? Safe in advance

i take them. (BCAA's). amino acids are the main components that make up protein. you already take them in food and protein shakes (if you take protein) the advantages in buying them separately is they contain the most essential ones in greater quantity.the ones i take at each setting make up 10gms of protein for example. so AA's=protein component, protein=muscle component

Yeah I been told to take BCAA's before training and then another (forgot the type) like afterwards. Mentioned something about liquid form as well?Should I be looking at Branched Chain then? And when/how often to you take yours?

BCAA's contain the types of Amino acids that your body cannot produce on its own and you can only get them in small quantities from food, so taking them as supplements boost your intake. i take mine in the morning and after training. the liquid ones are just pricey and dont give you as much for your buck as the capsules.

By the way what brands are reliable carpe? I was thinking optimum nutrition?

like multivitamins, you cant go very wrong with BCAA's from most providers, so any familiar brand name should be ok. the one i take is by ultimate nutrition

Reloading on all my supplements now. Throwing BCAA+ and ZMA into the mix