Roll Deep - Green Light Video

Mr. Gayle

Its a shame they have to do songs like this now

no its not, they chose to do it because they wanna make money off music.

understandable, but they sold out for money so its never gonna sit well with people who know them for their grime background.

/

about this tune, had to switch off after 10 secs.

way too cheesy for me. completely formulaic and predictable, exact same format as their last tune (girl on the hook with a poppy-dance beat) and the bars arent saying anything.

rubbish. well they do say one mans garbage is anothers treasure.

c/s a lot of the comments

formula, generic, not even very well executed

BUT

Roll Deep are a recognised name amoung a lot of young people all over the UK, I see some girls on facebook going on about how this is their favorite new song and sh*t.

I hope they do well.

/

Some of these guys have been making music that long, if they can develop it into a fully fledged successful career then fair play to them.

Roll Deep are a recognised name amoung a lot of young people all over the UK, I see some girls on facebook going on about how this is their favorite new song and sh*t.

see when i see things like this it comes across a bit like those people who are only now getting onto roll deep are just creating some hollow interest in them mostly because of the image and background associated with a well known "urban" act...

its the same with tinchy, n dubz, chippy, etc....its the mainstreams way of identifying with this kind of culture and in some sense bred "urban". its in fashon, well not to us but to the general public.

its eurotrash pop intros and choruses

late 90s house rhythm sections with electro and dub step production sensibilities

grime / funky style MCing over the top

either way it is far removed from the cutting edge, hard hitting and unique sound these guys made their name on, and taints a lot of their best work in retrospect

fully confused tbh

i think we all need to note the fact Roll Deep dropped a track called 'Club 7' back in '08

Club 7

they aint Jay Z and this aint youtube but that was the first sign is what i'm saying

the f*ck are you talking about, have you even heard the tune listened to the lyrics and the beat. gassed

club 7 is a big tune

• Downvote 1

Guest Yilmaz

the club 7 tune is a f*ck*ng murkers

wiley's a f*ck*ng king on the buttons

watch how it drops here, even ghetts knows and he hated will

from 7:40 onwards

• Upvote 1