North Korea warns of nuclear 'sacred war'

Guest Triple XXX

This whole conversation is f*cked anyway.

Firstly, If N Korea do have weapons, they won't dare fire them. SO basically this isn't happening.

Secondly, if they DO fire them, we don't fire back, we get the international community to freeze their aid. Simple. Within a few months or so the country will be fighting within itself, the Government will be faced with an uprising by mobs of hungry, angry citizens. ANd the USA and China will have a puppet leader in place within a year.

North Korea doesn't have a long range targeting system

But the war games are right on the border...of demilitarised waters, so they wouldn't need them in this instance.

That said, I can't imagine them firing nukes at gaming warships, so in any case you're right. But that was already common knowledge, hence why their last attempt failed miserably and fell into some body of water.

North Korea is believed to have more than 800 ballistic missiles, including long-range missiles which could one day strike the US. The BBC looks at Pyongyang's missile programme, which has mainly been developed from the Scud missile.

North Korea first obtained tactical missiles from the Soviet Union as early as 1969, but its first Scuds reportedly came via Egypt in 1976.

Egypt is believed to have supplied North Korea with Scud-B missiles and designs in return for its support against Israel in the Yom Kippur War.

POTENTIAL RANGE OF NORTH KOREAN MISSILES

_45830537_korea_missile_maxrange_466.gif

Maximum range of North Korean missiles

The map shows estimated maximum range of a successful launch. Range is also affected by the size of the payload.

By 1984, North Korea was building its own Scud-Bs and developed new missiles, the Scud-C and a medium-range missile, the Nodong. Its latest missile combines these technologies to give a long-range missile, the Taepodong.

In July 2006, it test-fired a new missile called the Taepodong-2, which experts say could have a range of up to 10,000km (6,200 miles). The missile failed shortly after launch.

The test took place from the Musudan-ri complex on the East coast of the Korean peninsula. Analysis of satellite images of the area appears to show a range of missile fabrication, fuelling, testing and control facilities.

Comparison of North Korean missiles

_45830876_n_korea_missiles_466.gif

SHORT-RANGE MISSILES

North Korea has a variety of short-range missiles. The KN-02 is thought to be the most accurate, but its range - around 100-120km - is the shortest.

The KN-02 missile could be aimed at key targets in South Korea such as military installations south of the border.

The Scud-B and C have ranges of 300km and 500km respectively. It is thought that these missiles could deliver conventional warheads.

The Scud-B and C have both been tested and deployed. These missiles would enable North Korea to strike any area in South Korea.

NODONG MISSILE

The Nodong missile is thought to have a range of around 1,300km and could potentially carry a nuclear warhead, though North Korea has not yet developed the technology to build a nuclear warhead for any of its missiles.

However, this missile is only thought to have been tested twice and it is not accurate. A March 2006 report, by the US Center for Non-proliferation Studies, said it had a 'circular error probable' of 2km to 4km, meaning that half of the missiles fired would fall outside a circle of that radius.

The Nodong has the range to strike most of Japan but not with any accuracy. If it were fired on a military target, its inaccuracy could lead to high levels of civilian casualties.

TAEPODONG-1 MISSILE

The Taepodong-1 is a two-stage missile comprising Nodong and Scud parts and can reach a distance of 2,900km.

With this range it would be able to reach US bases on Okinawa but the missile is thought to be even less accurate than the Nodong.

But the missile must be fired from a fixed location and has a long preparation time, meaning that potential launches could be detected.

North Korea tested a Taepodong-1 in August 1998, firing a missile over northern Japan.

TAEPODONG-2 MISSILE

The Taepodong-2 long-range missile is estimated to have a range of between 4,000km and 10,000km and, like the Taepodong-1, it requires a fixed launch site.

The first launch of the missile, in July 2006, appeared to be a failure after it crashed within seconds of launch - according to US sources.

If the missile was successfully launched, the increased power of the Taepodong-2 could put the UK, Australia, and even the US mid-west within range.

However, it could only carry a small payload to its maximum range and is not thought to be particularly accurate.

Defence experts say that the original Taepodong-2 is now being replaced by a newer model, which can have two or three stages giving it an extended range of up to 15,000km.

The three-stage Taepodong-2 was used in a failed attempt to launch a satellite in April 2009. The launch was widely condemned by the US and South Korea, among others, as cover for a long-range missile test.

Guest Yilmaz

North Korea is believed to have more than 800 ballistic missiles, including long-range missiles which could one day strike the US. The BBC looks at Pyongyang's missile programme, which has mainly been developed from the Scud missile.

North Korea first obtained tactical missiles from the Soviet Union as early as 1969, but its first Scuds reportedly came via Egypt in 1976.

Egypt is believed to have supplied blah blah blah

None/very few of those missiles are nuclear, iirc.

You kids should read your own wiki findings more:

The Nodong missile is thought to have a range of around 1,300km and could potentially carry a nuclear warhead, though North Korea has not yet developed the technology to build a nuclear warhead for any of its missiles.

• Downvote 2

i never said they were nuclear son.

Why did you even post them then, Dad?

Seeing as the thread is concerned with nuclear retaliation.

are you not even reading your own conversations? :confused:

Guest Yilmaz

I just wanted to know why you quoted me, then posted that. The point was, NK don't have the capability to fire long range nuclear missiles.

Simple.

Guest Yilmaz

Your reaching now, you jumped to conclusions

allow it

the lol was for faze but you posted before me

nice try though

OK. Sorry

Sincerest apologies.

EDITED and posd for ur troubles.

I just wanted to know why you quoted me, then posted that. The point was, NK don't have the capability to fire long range nuclear missiles.

Simple.

because it was mentioned that they dont have long range missiles... which they do.... nobody knows if they are reliable or accurate but they do have them, which is what the article clearly shows.

also, why the f*ck would they wanna nuke a ship? they would just use standard missiles for sea warfare.

Guest Yilmaz

Simple.

because it was mentioned that they dont have long range missiles... which they do.... nobody knows if they are reliable or accurate but they do have them, which is what the article clearly shows.

also, why the f*ck would they wanna nuke a ship? they would just use standard missiles for sea warfare.

1) Long range NUKES. It was just sorta implied from the thread title. Sorry if you need it explaining.

2) I did say, "I can't imagine them nuking warships"...

ok, now get off your high horse.

ive already said i dont think they have nuclear weapons, but if they do (which me and you DONT know), they have developed/ are developing missiles that are capable of deploying nuclear war heads LONG range.

North koreans have to travel through China to get to South Korea

I see it on unreported world, treacherous terrain and they get treated like sh*t in China

if they have a child with a Chinese, the child has no citizenship rights in China

You cant attack north korea from the north cos u have to go through china, thats not happening

North Korean citizens are not allowed outside the country. Only diplomats are given passports to allow this; any North Koreans you see about, chances are they escaped the dictatorship country.

I would usually say take these reports with a pinch of salt as they may simply be US propaganda to justify doposing the original government and bringing in a "democratic" lackey but in this case I don't see of any reason why the US would gain from this, financially or tactically.

I hope somebody tell me otherwise

North koreans have to travel through China to get to South Korea

I see it on unreported world, treacherous terrain and they get treated like sh*t in China

if they have a child with a Chinese, the child has no citizenship rights in China

You cant attack north korea from the north cos u have to go through china, thats not happening

North Korean citizens are not allowed outside the country. Only diplomats are given passports to allow this; any North Koreans you see about, chances are they escaped the dictatorship country.

yh im not saying they are legitamately leaving the country, these are refugees im talkin about

N. Korea uses this kind of language when putting out statements because it's the only bargaining chip they have, i think they call it 'brinksmanship'. And there won't be an invasion because China would strongly oppose any military action against N. Korea, they're seen as allies firstly and secondly there would be too many refugees fleeing from N. Korea across the border.