Pacquiao - Margarito

Gordon Gekko

The fight apparently has been finalised and will definitely be in Las Vegas if Margarito can get his license back, if not its gonna be in Monterrey (or maybe Abu Dhabi as a group from there is bidding on the fight) according to Bob Arum and will be for the vacant wbc jr middleweight title.Arum said he chose this fight over a Pac-Cotto 2 because he believes people would buy that this one would be more of a completition, but I disagree. I think Margarito will get stopped within the first 5 or 6 rounds whereas Cotto looked better in his last fight than he did in the first one with Pac, possibly down to having Emanuel Steward with him now. Margarito only knows how to attack so we know there will be plenty of action but I can't see it going past the half way mark plus I dont think he should be given a fight again anyway, but thats Arum for you.Surely nobody can see Margarito having a chance in this? Also, it obviously rules out any chance of a Pac-PBF 2010 fight.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

This is a f*ck*ng joke, no when can criticize Mayweather when you look at Pacquiaos last two opponents, what a joke.If Pacquaio wanted to make a statement of intent he would of fought Martinez or even Paul Williams.

This is a f*ck*ng joke, no when can criticize Mayweather when you look at Pacquiaos last two opponents, what a joke.If Pacquaio wanted to make a statement of intent he would of fought Martinez or even Paul Williams.
:D/"I got belts in 5 weight classes.. who else done it like that?!!" ... "All belts do is collect dust!" "I don't fight for legacy, I'm in the check cashin business!".... “I did not want to fight for the WBA title…at this point, it’s all about enhancing my legacy.”"When they asked Manny Pacquiao if he wanted to fight Floyd, he said talk to my promoter" ... "I let Leonard Ellerbe and Al Haymon conduct my bouts.""The fight everyone wants to see is you and Pacquiao.""I could take a year or two off."lulz

what is wrong with pacmans last 2 opponents - Joshua Clottey + Miguel Cotto are both elite fighters in good condition, better than Marquez.Mayweather fought Marquez and Mosely who are both over the hill and shot, although they are still elite they are tailor made for him.He does not need to make a statement of intent since he and alot of the world already see him as #1, not mayweather.Like he's going to fight PW who is 6"2 and has done little to deserve a shot. All Martinez did was beat Pavlik - how does he desere a shot? Are either of them bigger than Margarito? No. Boxing is a business. Who's gonna draw more PPV; Maragrito for 100% certain. Who's gonna make more money for Arum? Margarito of course. Don't forget Margarito's already beaten Martinez too.From a boxing perspective the Martinez/PW matchups would be great but both need a few more tests vs proven fighters before they are ready to step up to the big stage. Not to mention Martinez needs to sort out his defense because if he walks in with his hands down against Pacman he's gonna go down in the 3rd. PW does not use his reach and pacman will burst his liver open with body shots if he tangles on the inside with him.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
what is wrong with pacmans last 2 opponents - Joshua Clottey + Miguel Cotto are both elite fighters in good condition, better than Marquez.Mayweather fought Marquez and Mosely who are both over the hill and shot, although they are still elite they are tailor made for him.He does not need to make a statement of intent since he and alot of the world already see him as #1, not mayweather.Like he's going to fight PW who is 6"2 and has done little to deserve a shot. All Martinez did was beat Pavlik - how does he desere a shot? Are either of them bigger than Margarito? No. Boxing is a business. Who's gonna draw more PPV; Maragrito for 100% certain. Who's gonna make more money for Arum? Margarito of course. Don't forget Margarito's already beaten Martinez too.From a boxing perspective the Martinez/PW matchups would be great but both need a few more tests vs proven fighters before they are ready to step up to the big stage. Not to mention Martinez needs to sort out his defense because if he walks in with his hands down against Pacman he's gonna go down in the 3rd. PW does not use his reach and pacman will burst his liver open with body shots if he tangles on the inside with him.
Are you kidding me, no one was saying Mosley was over the hill till Mayweather fought him. Mosley was the 3rd best pound for poubnd boxer after Pac and PBF it was just a conveniant excuse to mention his age, like Mayweather and Pac aren't pushing their mid 30's. Its bullshit, don't make me bring the actual quotes where Freddie Roach says that Mosley is too good for Pac to fight.Paul Williams has called out Pac, and is willing to lose weight to fight pac, yet Arum beleives that Margarito deserves another shot, regardless of the fact that he is a drug cheat and is inistent that Magarito never'lost' to Paul Williams which is bullshit.Marquez washed up as well? Haha, the same Marquez that gave Pac so much trouble. You gotta be kidding me the fact is that no one says any of these boxers are washed up till Mayweather absouloutely dominates them, then the excuses start coming out, "oh he is too small' "oh he is too old' no one wants to give the man credit, but the fact is Mayweather last two openents were ranked the 2nd and 3rd best pound for pound boxers before he faced them, clottey is a promising fighter but not up to the standard of the aforementioned and Margarito has taken so many beatings in his last fights that him fighting the likes of Pac and Maywether should not be in the cards.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
:D/"I got belts in 5 weight classes.. who else done it like that?!!" ... "All belts do is collect dust!" "I don't fight for legacy, I'm in the check cashin business!".... “I did not want to fight for the WBA title…at this point, it’s all about enhancing my legacy.”"When they asked Manny Pacquiao if he wanted to fight Floyd, he said talk to my promoter" ... "I let Leonard Ellerbe and Al Haymon conduct my bouts.""The fight everyone wants to see is you and Pacquiao.""I could take a year or two off."lulz
What exactly are you trying to say the guys last fight was Mosley, the same Mosley that Roach said was too good for Pac lol.

Are you kidding me, no one was saying Mosley was over the hill till Mayweather fought him. Mosley was the 3rd best pound for poubnd boxer after Pac and PBF it was just a conveniant excuse to mention his age, like Mayweather and Pac aren't pushing their mid 30's. Its bullshit, don't make me bring the actual quotes where Freddie Roach says that Mosley is too good for Pac to fight.Paul Williams has called out Pac, and is willing to lose weight to fight pac, yet Arum beleives that Margarito deserves another shot, regardless of the fact that he is a drug cheat and is inistent that Magarito never'lost' to Paul Williams which is bullshit.Marquez washed up as well? Haha, the same Marquez that gave Pac so much trouble. You gotta be kidding me the fact is that no one says any of these boxers are washed up till Mayweather absouloutely dominates them, then the excuses start coming out, "oh he is too small' "oh he is too old' no one wants to give the man credit, but the fact is Mayweather last two openents were ranked the 2nd and 3rd best pound for pound boxers before he faced them, clottey is a promising fighter but not up to the standard of the aforementioned and Margarito has taken so many beatings in his last fights that him fighting the likes of Pac and Maywether should not be in the cards.
Ok u wana get into this? R u sure?
Mosley was the 3rd best pound for poubnd boxer after Pac and PBF
Fail. Do u know that P4P even means? He may have been one of the best middleweights in the world, but not P4P.
don't make me bring the actual quotes where Freddie Roach says that Mosley is too good for Pac to fight.
Get the quotes please m'lad.
like Mayweather and Pac aren't pushing their mid 30's
Pacman is 31, Mayweather is 33, Mosely is 38. He's less than two years away from 40, not pushing his mid 30's. That, my friend, is over the hill. Look at the Mosely you see today and compare that to the old Mosely. Oh wait, you can't.. you weren't watching boxing back then.
Paul Williams has called out Pac, and is willing to lose weight to fight pac,
Of course he has called him out. Who wouldn't love a pay day like that? Paul Williams also spent the better part of his career calling out Kelly Pavlik, who lost to Martinez. Now, you probably didn't see this fight either but Williams fought Martinez and won a very close decision. Most people saw that fight as a Martinez win or a draw at least. Plus, Martinez is the champ now, is from South America and is more exiting to watch than PW. Finally, PW does not need to lose weight to fight pac you imbecile, they are in the same weight class already.
Margarito deserves another shot, regardless of the fact that he is a drug cheat
Fail. Margarito was caught with illegal materials in his hand wraps.
Marquez washed up as well? Haha, the same Marquez that gave Pac so much trouble.
They fought at 129 LB's mate. Pacman beat him in their last encounter. Pacman drew with him in their first encounter. At 129. He now fights at 145+.. his fiht with Margarito is at catch weight of 150. Thats over 20Lbs. If you know about boxing you know that its a completely different story. Yes Marquez is gone, washed up. He was never THAT good anyway. Just another slow Mexican.
but the fact is Mayweather last two openents were ranked the 2nd and 3rd best pound for pound boxers
Fail.
clottey is a promising fighter but not up to the standard of the aforementioned and Margarito has taken so many beatings in his last fights
Clotty is a human punching bag. He looked like the new advert for an everlast heavybag vs Pacman.Fail. Margarito has beaten Cotto, Clottey, Cintron & Johnson. He only got beaten around by Mosely. He's a good fighter and will put on a good show for the fans.

Guest Blue State Of Mind
Ok u wana get into this? R u sure?
Mosley was the 3rd best pound for poubnd boxer after Pac and PBF
Fail. Do u know that P4P even means? He may have been one of the best middleweights in the world, but not P4P.
don't make me bring the actual quotes where Freddie Roach says that Mosley is too good for Pac to fight.
Get the quotes please m'lad.
like Mayweather and Pac aren't pushing their mid 30's
Pacman is 31, Mayweather is 33, Mosely is 38. He's less than two years away from 40, not pushing his mid 30's. That, my friend, is over the hill. Look at the Mosely you see today and compare that to the old Mosely. Oh wait, you can't.. you weren't watching boxing back then.
Paul Williams has called out Pac, and is willing to lose weight to fight pac,
Of course he has called him out. Who wouldn't love a pay day like that? Paul Williams also spent the better part of his career calling out Kelly Pavlik, who lost to Martinez. Now, you probably didn't see this fight either but Williams fought Martinez and won a very close decision. Most people saw that fight as a Martinez win or a draw at least. Plus, Martinez is the champ now, is from South America and is more exiting to watch than PW. Finally, PW does not need to lose weight to fight pac you imbecile, they are in the same weight class already.
Margarito deserves another shot, regardless of the fact that he is a drug cheat
Fail. Margarito was caught with illegal materials in his hand wraps.
Marquez washed up as well? Haha, the same Marquez that gave Pac so much trouble.
They fought at 129 LB's mate. Pacman beat him in their last encounter. Pacman drew with him in their first encounter. At 129. He now fights at 145+.. his fiht with Margarito is at catch weight of 150. Thats over 20Lbs. If you know about boxing you know that its a completely different story. Yes Marquez is gone, washed up. He was never THAT good anyway. Just another slow Mexican.
but the fact is Mayweather last two openents were ranked the 2nd and 3rd best pound for pound boxers
Fail.
clottey is a promising fighter but not up to the standard of the aforementioned and Margarito has taken so many beatings in his last fights
Clotty is a human punching bag. He looked like the new advert for an everlast heavybag vs Pacman.Fail. Margarito has beaten Cotto, Clottey, Cintron & Johnson. He only got beaten around by Mosely. He's a good fighter and will put on a good show for the fans.
How can Mosely be washed up, no one was saying this before he fought Maywearther, ok he was better ten years ago, so Mayweather arguably was as well. Mayweather was willing to fight Molsey 10 years ago, he couldn't but 10 years later faced with the possibility of a match with Pac that would never finnalize he pikced the next best option the 3rd best pound 4 pound boxer around.Regardless Margarito is a cheat who has been beaten by Mosley and Paul Williams comprehensively, he does not deserve a title shot.The video is below, thanks to the bread who posted it.Clottey is a human punching bag...... exactly thanks for reconfirming my point.

• 2 months later...

Episode 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLVgSq0H7vM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eiM2cDRZ1c&feature=player_embedded

This show's kinda boring now, although this was a decent episode. Margarito's wife makes it worth watching though.They both look in crazy shape. I reckon all this "manny isn't fit" talk is them realising they might have bitten off more than they can chew with Margarito @ 154