Self service tills.

Frank.

never done this myself but i've witnessed it pure times...

allow stealing the sh*t outside the store its easier to steal inside... grab a few munchies (sandwiches, drinks, doughnuts etc) and eat them as ur walking around the place... put the rubbish back on the shelves and leave the end

GRAZING THEY CALL THIS.

ALSO DON'T THINK YOU WON'T GET NICKED FOR THIS.

GONNA LOOK REAL GOOD ON YA RECORD.

Yeah basically the booze will have tags onit. When i was working at tescos, i was told that booze and electronic items with tags are high priority.

So when u detag em, you will see on your lil screen, how manys been scanned. I was told to keep a close watch on em.

Obviously their aint no medal of honor in stopping thieves, but allow loosing your job because everytime your on the self service, £500 is lost.

your best bet is like frank said, when its busy. or if the assistant is distracted. Stuff like that doesnt have bar codes are the easiest.

Thing is we've bought so much alcohol from tesco's near us the people at the tills just take the tags off when we walk up to them

We'll scan one cheap bottle of suttin through so it looks legit an a guy has to come over an enter a code for over 21's or what not.

Weigh the rest as carrots

Badabing badabum

y get shanked or banged in the face cos u want to get employee of the month?

not like u gonna get a promotion or a pension when u get disabled by a serious attack

i have no pity for staff who get injured when confronting a thief in a billion pound store.

family business yes, but allow any chain store heroics.

• Upvote 1

If i was in school/college, best believe I would be rinsing this.

It's like the 2010 version of WH Smiths "pay for your newspaper here" boxes.

If your a big man stealing 2 doughnuts and a banana then yeah thats long. But if your a younger then by all means this is a wonderful scam.

DISCLAIMER-: Never do anything illegal, stealing is wrong.

Why would they give a sh*t though, ain't no medals of honour out there

because it means the company is losing money...

but true they dont need to care because they will still get paid the same and it dont make a difference to them. the scale of these stores makes it such an impersonal thing, where as on any smaller scale business the employess will be more bothered with theft and general profitability.

this kind of thing is what makes those big stores less profitable than they could be. but i suppose with the level of market share they have i doubt they care about running a tight shift.

lol @ not having balls to confront a thief in your shop

if You're not security You're not trained to deal with it

You're company won't give You compensation, they will jus tell You - You ain't security, why You step in like that

plus You don't know the rules of what You can and can't do, so the thief will prob b able to charge You with assault for whatever You end up doin.

• Downvote 1

lol @ not having balls to confront a thief in your shop

if You're not security You're not trained to deal with it

You're company won't give You compensation, they will jus tell You - You ain't security, why You step in like that

plus You don't know the rules of what You can and can't do, so the thief will prob b able to charge You with assault for whatever You end up doin.

lens 'you' doesnt have a capital Y ffs

• Upvote 1

how the f*ck did you get 4 bottles of goose, swear they have the caps on them

what I'm thinking

AHWLLL HERE IT GOES

Also, whoever said they stole 4 bottles of grey goose is gassing, they've got tags on it that an employee has to take off..

see i wernt lying, employees dont give a sh*t what gets stolen lol.

i know a few people who worked in them big stores and they tell me similar stuff.

tesco gets raped, i know the gyal that "watches" the till she just txts man when shes on it,

negs allround

• Downvote 2

• 4 years later...

just discovered the ultimate real life troll.

a guy had a basket full of items. scanned 1. I put 1p into the "coins in" tray.

it accepted the payment, and took the man to the payment screen, where he had to pay the rest of the price for that 1 item before the till would let him scan all his other items on a separate transaction

RfbVV.jpg