Are you afraid of death?

Captain Planet

On this Friday night, I'm ill, just heard news that a family friend died of cancer, she knew it was coming though

Which begs to ask the question...

Are you afraid of death?

Have you been near it already?

Personally I've been close twice now (3 times if I count my birth) so it's becoming a recurring theme of sorts

U?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

good question...

id say on a normal day, yes because i feel afraid of leaving behind loved ones and the life ive built etc...

but on a day where im actually thinking out of my personal perspective, not at all. its deliverance. life can be a right bitch most the time so to rest in peace is a blessing. the irony tho, because i do believe life is the most precious gift and you should cherish it regardless.

i think the latter is something that you embrace more with age and moreover with wisdom.

• Upvote 2

Guest M12 Part 2

I just dont feel theres anything serious that threatens my life.

If i had some deep illness or was in some mad beef then i dunno how i'd feel but right now i dont feel death applies to me. That's something that happens to other people

Guest WAVESURFER

No point fearing the inevitable IMO.

Obviously I actively avoid situations where death would be a possibility, but I know it's gonna happen some time, so I don't really fear it as such.

I fear other people (who are close to me) dying more than I fear my own death.

• Downvote 1

I'll never forget when I was in primary school for the whole day my mind was fixated on death to the point I cried about it lol.

I've never been one who's accepting of it and thts why I rarely attend funerals.

Its all a bit much for me. I don't even wanna think of my mental state if/when I lose someone close to me.

I've had a rough week with things similair to yours, I found out I had a punctured lung on Monday, Tuesday my sister collapsed and was rushed to hospital then yesterday I found out me grandad has lung cancer so it's been a weird week for this kind of topic but in general I'm not afraid of death, I've got one of them feelings that I'll die from some form of serious illness (I dont know why I feel like this, have done for a few years now) but if its at the age of when I have a family then if im not comfortable or successful and not able to leave something good to provide for my fam then yeah im worried about that, aslong as I dont die a loser I'm not worried (but I dont think I will cause I'm consistently happy with my life situation even as I know I can and am progressing).

Basically;

[John Legend] I just wanna die on top of the world, making love to my favourite girl [John Legend]

more afraid of life tbh

I fear other people (who are close to me) dying more than I fear my own death.

I don't even wanna think of my mental state if/when I lose someone close to me.

Feel no fear about lights out time but I'd fear any suffering involved in the lead up to it.