Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grafter

did anyone watch this?

29 posts in this topic

i just watched it now, very interesting, would recommend

this episode was quite positive, the previews for nex week well..,..

The five Amish teenagers - Jerry, Andrew, Leah, Becky and Leon - bid an emotional farewell to their loved ones, as leaving their closed community for the very first time hits home.

Their first challenge is getting to the UK: how will they cope with their first experience on an aeroplane?

Over four weeks they will stay with four very different British families and it's a baptism of fire as first up they find themselves in the concrete jungle of London.

Their London teenage hosts are street dancers, an art form that's completely alien to them. The Amish come from spacious homes in safe communities; how will they cope with the noisy, bustling streets of London?

It's a massive eye-opener for the five innocent travellers, who are shown the seedy streets of Soho, discover the grim reality of knife crime and begin to realise just how different the lives and morals of their hosts are.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/amish-worlds-squarest-teenagers/4od#3107566

AC3259_Amish%20large.JPG

sounds decent gunna watch now, well after the football

Yeah, was good

Not looking forward to the next one though, wankers from Kent who act like wankers.

c/s not lookin forward

do you know what i found weird about the amish teenagers, i couldnt read their facial expressions properly

like what they said didnt coinicide with their initial expressions

i found it kinda dead tbh

im glad it was positive coz thats the reason i didnt watch it

thought they were gunna take this piss

It was interesting to see just how sheltered their lives are. There were positive sides to it, like the way they're sent to work from an early age and obviously have respect for other people and their surroundings.

I watched this too and defo agree about it being quite positive for both sides I felt. Also agree that I'm not thinking by the lil snap shots that this next episode is going to be quite as positive, but maybe they will still be able to take something away from their experiences.

It depends how you look at it about their lifes being sheltered from what exactly? voilence, drugs & street crime? I don't really think thats a bad thing TBH. They could argue that it was infact the other way around, being sheltered from a much more natural way of living in harmony & true ways of working together. Very much back to basics and not just respecting each other and other people but also animals & their enviroments. (Yeh I know trust me to bring them into it)

not even gonna lie that amish lifestyle has its ups

wanted to watch this, will look tonight when nothings on

just watched on 4od and the way i changed my mind on thinking they weren't living life

the one thing they lack is freedom mentally although they still have a choice to leave

there life is too sheltered to me but there girls are decent at least

Imagine the reactions if they were on a beach in spain/brazil lol.

ye i saw this today, was actually decent. expected it to be quite boring, but the stark contrast in the lives and beliefs of those amish people is staggering. imagine not being allowed to dance u know, thats pretty wierd.

i work next to the beach they were on

the british kids are sh*t at rounders

i work next to the beach they were on

How can I be more like you?

the amish are truly vermin

how can they be so blinkered... some shocking brainwashing has occured...

No I like the Amish teenagers

I think they are truly Godly and not really brainwashed, because they question, they strive to live their lives in the way of Christ and by the law of the Bible.

They were told that dancing was bad but then they went and looked it up in the Bible an saw that people did it to glorify God and did it for joy.

They listened when the Imam in the mosque explained to them about Islam, they were fairly content when he explained that they only believe in one God.

I like them because they seem to approach life in the right way

I agree ^^^

Still though i don't like the way the producers of the show have edited some of the bits at the start of the show to make it seem as if these Amish teens are racist etc....