Liverpool v Arsenal,

TF S4DK

Arsène Wenger has a number of selection issues to resolve before he can name his squad for the Premier League opener at Liverpool on Sunday.Johan Djourou (hamstring), Nicklas Bendtner (groin) and Aaron Ramsey (leg) will all miss the trip to Anfield, while Alex Song (calf) is almost certain to do likewise.However Denilson (abdominal) and Abou Diaby (calf) face fitness tests before the team travel north. Meanwhile, Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas are not injured but do lack match fitness after a long World Cup campaign. Wenger will wait before making a decision on either. Despite missing the trip to Poland last weekend with a muscular injury, Andrey Arshavin is available."Alex Song has a calf problem and will be short," Wenger told Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon. "Denilson will have a test on Friday or Saturday on an abdominal problem. Diaby has a calf problem but he is back in full training. He might be available and Andrey Arshavin is alright."But I still have to make a decision about whether I will include Van Persie and Fabregas in the squad."
Young Guns blog has reported all week that Frimpong has spent the way being trained for Song's role and getting advice from Song... Make of that what you will.

guaranteed.is torres playing? if so.....No fab & Van p + fabianski in goal + Torres,Gerrard and J.Cole = Loss/Nasri is looking like he will be our MVP this season like Arshavin was on his first. Gibbs is starting to look like a left sided eboue, seems to have really improved since that CL semi final. Don't know about Wilshere, he is good but getting alot of hype because he's english, similar to like Theo received so ill wait till the season starts.Ramsey back in November! He must be some welsh terminator because he recovered QUICK, glad to see he's coming back because he's the player Denilson should have been, dont even know how or why that guy's still at the club TBH.Frimpong looks like he can be promising but will take some time to get into his stride, similar to like diaby and song were back in the day. Makes me LOL when i used to watch them play and shout at the screen "There so fukn sh*t!" but im eating those words now. Hopefully we'll build him up to be our version of essien but TBH i think he's only including some of these players because of this new homegrown player rule.

Likely...Fabianski/AlmuniaSagna Koscielny Vermaelen ClichyFrimpongNasri DiabyWalcott Chamakh ArshavinHowever Fabregas included will move Nasri to the right or Frimpong out, or van Persie in for Chamakh, Song seems unlikely as does Denilson. Think Diaby will be fit and start. Wenger could throw Eboue in for Frimpong too. Gibbs, Wilshere, Vela will all be in from the bench too.

You must love negs...
TBH, a suitable DM will PREVENT chances being created rather than a GK having to stop those chances in the 1st place.It makes perfect sense.I'd rather have Alumnia in goal, with a good DM making us more solid through the middle than a good GK having to be forced to make save after save.Goal opportunity prevention >>>> Goal prevention.
  • Downvote 4