Newsgroups

Skola

So it dawned on me - "I should download hd films" and play them on the xbox.

I currently use http://nzbmatrix.com/ to look for files etc (Was told merlins portal is good for links etc but its down). The 1080p stuff is all blueray - but if its a rip can I play it on an xbox via usb stick?

Obv it cant play the disks but, the files....?

Dont wanna waste bandwidth downloading to find its useless.

/

Drop your newsgroup knowledge / questions here.

I use http://www.astraweb.com/ - 180gb downloads for $25 (pas as you go) for downloading.

Guest Triple XXX

im not sure what kinda files the 360 plays

but what i think your talking about when the file saying this Centurion (2010) LIMITED.720p.BluRay.x264-iNFAMOUS the bluray part just means its been ripped from a bluray disc

the files usually come in avi or mkv encoded in x264 and i dont know if the 360 plays x264

i think thats what ur wondering

• Upvote 2

Giganews is me all day. Speeds for downloads is a mud ting.

I use Grabit as the application.I can automate extraction once my files are done downloading.

Nzbmatrix is the only site for newsbins tbh, nzb r us is decent but f*ck that site. Nzbxxx.com for the prawn.

Torrents are a straight violation IMO, unless you've been brought in to a private tracker e.g. Demonoid, revolutionTT etc.

But if your on this downloading ting like me, than it should be strictly a newsgroups and rapidshare ting.

im not sure what kinda files the 360 plays

but what i think your talking about when the file saying this Centurion (2010) LIMITED.720p.BluRay.x264-iNFAMOUS the bluray part just means its been ripped from a bluray disc

the files usually come in avi or mkv encoded in x264 and i dont know if the 360 plays x264

i think thats what ur wondering

ahhhhhh ok.

that is exacrly what i was wondering.

you can play most x264s on a 360 - avi's usually play fine and mkvs need a little work on them:

Not sure if you guys have figured it out but I'm sure there are others that need to know how to do it.

The best way is to use a software called GOTsent and their website is http://sentry23.googlepages.com/

This converts the container to .MP4 but then you just rename the file to .AVI, copy it to your windows media player library or put it on any media server (Twonky, etc) and it plays without any quality loss.

And another thing - this software is super fast - 1GB file in under 20min. Like 15 min and it's ready.

from http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=577710

There are bluray rips made by a team called PS3-TEAM that are 1080p. They're all 4gb dedicated for FAT32 storage.

What I think you can do is DL them and remux them into MP4, which might be playable on the Xbox 360.

ahh cool i get the feeling that this is similar to what ive just posted?

Guest Yilmaz

Wanna get into Newsgroups, even though im happy with direct links, but NG get the stuff 1st

/

Also I swear HotFile > Rapidshare now

I hate when people say this. It's just not true any longer.

Wanna get into Newsgroups, even though im happy with direct links, but NG get the stuff 1st

/

Hmmm, well the gap is closing but on the main NG get things earlier

The releases go to FTP servers called "topsites" first and foremost http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topsite_%28warez%29

then members of the topsite then download it and then distribute it via the various means like uploading to the newsgroups and rapidshare torrents etc

These days newsgroups and torrents direct links all get it pretty fast (within an hour of each other) but with newsgroups its easier because you only need to look in one place but with the others the site you visit might not have it yet

But most of the time when something is released it will be on the newsgroups at least 30mins before its anywhere else the gap is closing though.

The absolute best would be to get topsite access but thats impossible for regular people like us we need to be part of the "scene" and will need to contribute to it before we can get access

Is it really worth changing from RS to NG?

I mean, I get 2.4MB p/s on any RS download and I find literally everything I need within seconds.

All that for like a fiver every 3 months, is NG offering something else?

If yur happy with RS then prob no need to change, I have RS pass still but swear I may move to HF, warez bb is slacking with the RS links these days.

NG is max speed all the time and everything is there.

Guest Yilmaz

/

The releases go to FTP servers called "topsites" first and foremost http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topsite_%28warez%29

then members of the topsite then download it and then distribute it via the various means like uploading to the newsgroups and rapidshare torrents etc

These days newsgroups and torrents direct links all get it pretty fast (within an hour of each other) but with newsgroups its easier because you only need to look in one place but with the others the site you visit might not have it yet

But most of the time when something is released it will be on the newsgroups at least 30mins before its anywhere else the gap is closing though.

The absolute best would be to get topsite access but thats impossible for regular people like us we need to be part of the "scene" and will need to contribute to it before we can get access

LOL. You went to wikipedia, and you think you can f*ck with my knowledge?

So annoying.

Me and Swiftie were having discussions about release groups and "The Scene" when you were still using Napster.

Man was using newsgroups when you actually HAD to use a newsreader, and not some f*ck*ng NZB indexing site that made it easy for every man and his dog to jump on the bandwagon.

Hold tight the man using Xnews way back when.

/

So annoying.

Me and Swiftie were having discussions about release groups and "The Scene" when you were still using Napster.

Man was using newsgroups when you actually HAD to use a newsreader, and not some f*ck*ng NZB indexing site that made it easy for every man and his dog to jump on the bandwagon.

Calm down, you win no prizes just cos you assume you were downloading before me or that I jumped on a bandwagon and that i used napster, how do you what I used, how do you know I wasnt using Wget, lol, going on like I aint been using MIRC from day, pretty silly to assume things, spesh on a forum when you no nothing about them. Dont think anyone cares when you started downloading, why would they.

/

Not many ppl know about Topsites, hence why I posted the link for others to know about it, topsites is not just something you would search for if you dont know about it

Guest Yilmaz

/

So annoying.

Calm down, you win no prizes just cos you assume you were downloading before me or that I jumped on a bandwagon and that i used napster, how do you what I used, how do you know I wasnt using Wget, lol, going on like I aint been using MIRC from day, pretty silly to assume things, spesh on a forum when you no nothing about them. Dont think anyone cares when you started downloading, why would they.

/

Not many ppl know about Topsites, hence why I posted the link for others to know about it, topsites is not just something you would search for if you dont know about it

IF you had been using mIRC from day, then you would never have said:

"Newsgroups get everything first".

and @faisal - because VIP2 contains bare liars and frauds which I've snuffed out over time. Caught one guy acting like he was winning bare pees playing poker, then I looked up his name and saw he was losing money. You knwo who you are :lol:

• Upvote 1

mIRC

wow

taking me back now

used to run that bait FTP scanner on IP ranges to get access to some guys FTPs

the whole dictionary list of default passwords never seemed to hit very often

but i still got hooked up

what i was doin was probs well bait but didnt know at the time

Guest Yilmaz

mIRC is still the lick fam. I don't use it to DL cos I just simply don't DL as much as I used to. But for example, boxing videos that I still dl, newsgroups are sh*t for...torrents are the best.

The only NG that I ever really rated was alt.bin.multimedia as it got the TV shows first.

Having been on RWD for about 8-9 years, I was around when there was no electronics den etc, and I saw the kind of knowledge certain guys had about downloading...Gayle you've been around in some form or another for years too, I remember bro, you can't front to me.

Essentially it is a neeky argument, but I'm fed up of encountering liars on VIP2, many of whom I've sniffed out before.

/

So annoying.

/

IF you had been using mIRC from day, then you would never have said:

"Newsgroups get everything first".

and @faisal - because VIP2 contains bare liars and frauds which I've snuffed out over time. Caught one guy acting like he was winning bare pees playing poker, then I looked up his name and saw he was losing money. You knwo who you are :lol:

Aint used MIRC in time, so dont even know what its like these days, back in the day was all about packetnews. So as it stands from what I know NG gets most things 1st to the average joe downloader. But meh

/

But again why do you care, bare ppl lie on here. We all know Brisco is no gangster :lol:

mIRC is still the lick fam. I don't use it to DL cos I just simply don't DL as much as I used to. But for example, boxing videos that I still dl, newsgroups are sh*t for...torrents are the best.

The only NG that I ever really rated was alt.bin.multimedia as it got the TV shows first.

Having been on RWD for about 8-9 years, I was around when there was no electronics den etc, and I saw the kind of knowledge certain guys had about downloading...Gayle you've been around in some form or another for years too, I remember bro, you can't front to me.

Essentially it is a neeky argument, but I'm fed up of encountering liars on VIP2, many of whom I've sniffed out before.

Front about what lol, I wasnt even on RWD them times, I joined RWD soon after onthedecks died