Female Role Models in 2010

Guest M12

yup , role model by association. But its not usual for a black woman to be associated with a black man in a position of power,let alone this position of power. It really is rare, so that alone makes other black women be like, wow so there is hope. They may also think the whole thing of she is the woman behind Obama's success, 'behind every successful man is a woman' and to add conviction to it, she is a black woman.

Guest Portuguese

I am just surprised Oprah isn't idolised as much as Michelle Obama(going by the black women I know) I just don't understand.A Billionaire>>>>>>Being someone's wife.

I think Oprah is adored just as much particularly by African American females. I think they get near enough equal admiration, Michelle in terms of being a successful wife, Oprah being a success in herself , career. I guess it depends on what the female needs inspiration for: career or relationship.

So she is a role model because who her husband is?What a role model?Saying that is it the same with Victoria Beckham? Or do you believe the hype about her being a fashion icon.
why dont you do some reading about the woman/women you talk about b4 commenting:?it shows how the sad state of affairs when you "know" what or why kim kardashian is a role model by some, but cant see why michelle obama is. she went to top universiities on scholarship and was very proactive in black American affairs,ruffling feathers by challening things that most men wouldnt, talkless of the very few black women who went before her.she had a highpowered job before she met barrack and is one of the few prominent black women in powerful positions who didnt get their at the expense of still having a husband and raising a family. the fact is that nobody here is in a proper position to claim who role models for women are. at best you can only mention your own social circle and the media. as much as oprah IS a role model in her own right, Michelle brings something different to being a role model, in the fact that she achieved her status and still had children, and a husband she is 'officially' married to. they both have their own qualities which are not competing. and hillary clinton was idolised as well, that why she got to where she did in the primaries. Hillary was idolised in the same way michelle is. nancy reagan/barbara bush were career wives, resting on the laurels of their rich families and powerful husbands, which is good in its own right, but people like hillary and michelle showed the other way is also possible.
  • Upvote 1

there is a dangerous trend where these types (kim K, minaj amber rose, etc) are presented as strong independent women, yesterday i was in a cafe reading a paper which had been left on the table, i think it was the observer (mite of been guardian, one of the liberal middle-class ones anyway) in it there was an article about rhianna's new music video, which shows her lezing up with some french model. the author, a middle-aged middle class supposedly educated woman was arguing that these performers were at the front of modern feminism, to be admired for being in charge of their own sexual imagery, basically saying that the 'dominatrix' is a feminist symbol and not a sex object like any other. so its not just wotless yats pushing this bullshit,that said, of the people ive asked, no one has said Kim K, minaj, rhianna, amber rose etc. most suggest family members.asked my girlfriend, she said my mum (as in mine not hers) and a list of civil rights figures and political activists who she admired for their courage, but she's definitely not normal imo. asked a very gassed girl i know (she wears a weave identical to minaj's one with the fringe) she said her mum and aunt, asked her why she loved off minaj so much and got some defensive answer amounting to 'i like her swag', i think a lot of girls are looking to these women as trendsetters rather than role models, wanting to be desired like these women, to adopt their swag, rather than admire their achievements. i dunnoi want to see a survey tbh.@ girls who post on here, who are ur role models?

Guest Triple XXX
i think a lot of girls are looking to these women as trendsetters rather than role models, wanting to be desired like these women, to adopt their swag, rather than admire their achievements. i dunno
tbh, this may be it

my nan is my main oneshe is on this voodoo ting, like broke down her initiate status to me and all sortsmoses mirror and beyond levels+my cuz, 36 2 children. heart to heart the other day revealed ro me that despite being with a millionnaire, she gets nearly 0% from him, she pays her childrens schools fees by herself, french tutors for them (they are 2 and 6) they want for nothing, mortgage, everything and imo she is beautiful. It just goes to show that marrying rich doesnt make you rich by default because you could be with a selfish person or someone that has their own way of making you realise your own independance, either way i learnt a valuable lesson talking to her because when i would see her in 1000 pound shoes, taking 2 day holidays and flying the babies in 1st class i would assume it was their fathers money. she breifed me through on one of her business proposals last week (she studyed int. law) and i was amazed at how little i actually knew about my own cousin and how intelligent she istoo many assumptiions on my partfamous ppl i cant say because i need to sit down and gage someones aura 1 2 1 before i can appreciate them fully,mad repect for Ms Hill for her energy, Dr pookrum for her wisdom and yaya for her beauty.and i want world peace n all that jazz :D

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

No pics?
i made this post
How the OP should have looked
If you ask most females who they look up/rate in 2010, the majority of answers will be similar to Amber Rose, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton etc etc.Lets break down these 3 femalesAmber Rose amber-rose.jpgwas a stripper who rose to fame by getting doggied by Kanye West, Kim Kardashian kim_kardashian.jpgdaugher of sucessful lawyer Robert Kardashian. She rose to fame by f*ck*ng Ray J on camera and then getting smashed by Reggie Bush. Then theres Paris Hilton paris_hilton99.jpgwho came into the public eye by releasing a sextape of herself. (Its a nice story that the sex tape leaked and then she decided she might as well make some money off it and starting selling it, but i aint buying that. If she was really on it she coulda gone court and got some HENCH payout against anyone distributing that.Is basically prostituting yourself to / off the back of the most high profile male you can find the best way to make a living for yourself? and the amount of attention these chicks get as well, when all they are is glorified groupies/slores.I suppose Amber Rose's hustle especially has to be rated, because shes slightly built herself a brand with her barl head, fashion sense and bisexualnessBut are females of the world doomed, especially as this is what young girls are looking up to? Its a completely different era from when young girls would say i wanna be like Beyonce, because at least she had a talent. What can you look at Kim K and say she actually does? Apart from touch clubs and give shines to black men.I fear for the youth of tommorrow.
however, do continue
but i'm guessing my name being next to it made it go ignored, verbal pos tho, for noticing a topic made about 3 females without pics...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It has become common social practice to believe that any man such as m12 that makes such a statement has a problem with women or that it is exclusively the women he hangs around.this is a common deflection that even adults have trouble gravitating from because the truth is many of us dont have the answers or too scared to admit we do have a problem. These women without a doubt look up to all kinds of trash albeit follow their example and socially you just need to look around and it has nothing to do with ones company. Even a man who does not get it in with many chicks at all and only plays darts and works at a hospital for a living can see this trend.Are we seriously going to say that his argument is flawed based on an assumption that its the women HE KNOWS?This is the kind of dumb logic that has clearly been manufactured by female friends and men that want to score points with said women co sign this.m12 is spot on as usual and bringing up the odd few spartan women that dont have a tongue ring really doesnt speak for the majority and an overwhelming rate of teenage pregnancy and stds among women in that age group CONFIRM THIS.its a real problem when the truth can be corrupted by such feminine stupidity because it stops us from fixing the problem as we want to pretend this is not an issue.This kind of delusion is what completely crushed this forum because it was once a place of truth even if we didnt like it but we took the L and kept it moving but NOW.......... BOYThese women exist in high numbers and whats really funny is the men that are fighting down m12 are probably surfing the internet searching the world wide web for grims right now as we speak exchanging details of said chicks and so on but at the same time say female friendly rhetoric to garner female support and kudos. I dont know when it became cool for vip to roll like that but it saddens me.the fact said men are looking for grims tells us they know these women exist so with one hand they slap you in the face saying its YOU and YOUR company but then go moving on random slags all day every day for sport. infact the grimiest stories known to man can be found on vip forums so when i hear people designating this to m12 circle of women I find this really puzzling.all I know is this when women control your way of thinking you may get comfortable saying what she wants to hear SOCIALLY in public but you are not helping yourself or her.if we are real about this we know these chicks look up to or follow the lead in some way or form of said women. Men that dont want to admit this do NOT want to have daughters because the "its the women you hang around" phrase will bite you in the ass if you find out your own daughter is on some trina sh*t.admit this problem is there and then we can deal with it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1