Uni Requirements

PopT

For the degree I did, you can do a foundation degree, which anyone really can enter. This will allow you to go to uni and do a course for the main degree.

Ppl like u dnt deserve it moretime

Them man that just want to go uni for the sake of it

c/s

my cousin is going sheffield hallam 2 do some bait media type degree

all i can do is :rolleyes: and pray for her

cos i know she is just pissing money down the train

Guest Yilmaz

FAO people mentioning Brunel, Greenwich, Westminster etc.

You're confirming what I said 2bh.

These institutions have one thing in common whether you want to kid yourself that they don't or not.

Try running your photoshopped certificate bullshit with any Russell Group Uni or remotely demanding course and you'll fall flat on your face.

There is a lot of truth to what you're saying but to be honest brah you sound like a bitter jobseeker.

I've seen you do this a lot on here in fact. What uni did you go to/going to?

Guest Yilmaz

FAO people mentioning Brunel, Greenwich, Westminster etc.

You're confirming what I said 2bh.

These institutions have one thing in common whether you want to kid yourself that they don't or not.

Try running your photoshopped certificate bullshit with any Russell Group Uni or remotely demanding course and you'll fall flat on your face.

c/s

Full disclosure: I did have to google "Russell Group" to check if my Uni was in it, and it is, so the c/s stands.

What uni dyu go to and what are you studying?

Guest Yilmaz

tbh they should talk more about russel group and the like to new students

instead of just showing us the league table and saying 'safe'

Au contraire. Intending students should do some research and stop expecting everything to be handed to them on a plate.

Go over to TSR. There are hundreds and thousands of students that don't need informational handouts.

• Upvote 1

Au contraire. Intending students should do some research and stop expecting everything to be handed to them on a plate.

Go over to TSR. There are hundreds and thousands of students that don't need informational handouts.

lol pos

i hear what u are saying yilmaz

but certain colleges/6forms should do more

i had to crease @ natty's post cos that is pretty much what happened to me

Guest M12 Part 2

its the equivalent, but if i was an employer i would opt for the person with gcses

I'd do a literacy test on the day and whoever scored highest gets through.

This is what all major employers worth their salt do.

f*ck judging someone by what they achieved at the age of 16.

lol i dont know what fairytale world you live in bro. 1 piece of paper says key skills the other says GCSE. Key skills is going in the bin. Especially in the current climate who has time and money to be wasting on further testing. The education system did the tests already.

The thing with these types of key skills qualifications is they take out all the things you need to succeed later. For example lots of the stuff is 100% coursework based and it makes the candidates poor at exams and other time pressured situations like psychometric tests. Not to mention that the syllabuses for these courses are spread so thinly that candidates dont actually know half the stuff their gcse counterparts learned. I'm yet to meet a person who did a Maths GCSE "equivalent" who is actually competent at maths for example.

By doing them kinda courses you are at a disadvantage and its one you need to catch up from, these government lies that you are at the same standard and will be looked at in the same way as someone who has done GCSE's/ A-Levels is a myth that needs to be dispelled.

Like i said if they are the same, then theres no need for both to exist. There should just be 1 qualification.

The only thing i will say that is good is they give people a chance to access the next stage of education, be it university or college.

N.B I'm ignoting certain vocational courses intentionally

Lol I hear that but we have connexions in 6th form for what reason they're supposed to tell us about this sh*t

I applied to a russel group uni anyway

B)

Guest Yilmaz

its the equivalent, but if i was an employer i would opt for the person with gcses

I'd do a literacy test on the day and whoever scored highest gets through.

This is what all major employers worth their salt do.

f*ck judging someone by what they achieved at the age of 16.

lol i dont know what fairytale world you live in bro. 1 piece of paper says key skills the other says GCSE. Key skills is going in the bin. Especially in the current climate who has time and money to be wasting on further testing. The education system did the tests already.

The thing with these types of key skills qualifications is they take out all the things you need to succeed later. For example lots of the stuff is 100% coursework based and it makes the candidates poor at exams and other time pressured situations like psychometric tests. Not to mention that the syllabuses for these courses are spread so thinly that candidates dont actually know half the stuff their gcse counterparts learned. I'm yet to meet a person who did a Maths GCSE "equivalent" who is actually competent at maths for example.

By doing them kinda courses you are at a disadvantage and its one you need to catch up from, these government lies that you are at the same standard and will be looked at in the same way as someone who has done GCSE's/ A-Levels is a myth that needs to be dispelled.

Like i said if they are the same, then theres no need for both to exist. There should just be 1 qualification.

The only thing i will say that is good is they give people a chance to access the next stage of education, be it university or college.

N.B I'm ignoting certain vocational courses intentionally

I prefer GCSE over Key Skills.

Better?

Guest M12 Part 2

Lol I hear that but we have connexions in 6th form for what reason they're supposed to tell us about this sh*t

B)

nobody's has to tell you anything tbh.

The information is there, if you dont take it upon yourself to go and seek it out its your own problem.

B)

nobody's has to tell you anything tbh.

The information is there, if you dont take it upon yourself to go and seek it out its your own problem.

What are you talking about is your college not there to help you with your a levels and eventually send you to university?

In that case shouldn't you be educated about what unis are better than others/prospects being better at some unis etc I did research myself in the end but still

/

Jas what film is that at the start of iron maiden?

LOL. I done Computer Multimedia/Networking.

And it's beneficial in getting me my job as a I.T Consultant for Reuters.

I do A.D.I work on the side.

wht happend to ur job in dubai

+

i no a few other people who got into uni with fake a levels durin clearing, alot dont do proper checks

but tbh if u go for any job with a company like a big bank there HR department will check every grade u put down right back to gcse,

they use a company that verifys every grade

any discrpencies ur f*cked

also every date uve put on ur cv as working at previous jobs

Guest WAVESURFER

LOL @ the implication that going to a non-Russel Group uni is akin to studying in an run-down school in Compton.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Angelo comes across very elitist when it comes to this subject.

OH NOES.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Guest Yilmaz

LOL @ the implication that going to a non-Russel Group uni is akin to studying in an run-down school in Compton.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Angelo comes across very elitist when it comes to this subject.

I'm just waiting for him (and WAVESURFER) to answer my questions. IIRC Angelo hasn't even been to university. If he has, he's certainly kept it quiet.

I told you, I'm the Columbo of VIP2 - Never forget sh*t; read everything - especially when it comes to sh*t like jobs/academia etc. The amount of bullshitters I've sent quiet PMs to about things I KNOW they're lying about is a madness.

(Not suggesting WAVESURFER is lying BTW.)

Guest WAVESURFER

Sorry Yilmaz, didn't even notice yr question, I just graduated from Glasgow Uni in Sociology MA (Soc Sci) (Hons). Started off doing Law (also at Glasgow), but decided it wasn't for me.

Guest Yilmaz

yilmaz who were u before cos up untill like a month a go i thought you were a stupid f*cking prick

droppin bars like "burn groid burn"

I am an old old old school RWD member.

I been around when man like Anubis, Light and Aylesbury Allstars (Tipper) were posting on RWD.

I been around when Sprite had pink panther in his sig and DonDadda was not a racist

Guest WAVESURFER

OH NOES.

Just clocked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm French anyway.

Pos for being bilingual.