Uni Requirements

PopT

Guest Yilmaz

Sorry Yilmaz, didn't even notice yr question, I just graduated from Glasgow Uni in Sociology MA (Soc Sci) (Hons). Started off doing Law (also at Glasgow), but decided it wasn't for me.

Glasgow is a big uni. Not as posh as Edinburgh, but that's a good thing lol.

Guest WAVESURFER

Sorry Yilmaz, didn't even notice yr question, I just graduated from Glasgow Uni in Sociology MA (Soc Sci) (Hons). Started off doing Law (also at Glasgow), but decided it wasn't for me.

Glasgow is a big uni. Not as posh as Edinburgh, but that's a good thing lol.

Yeah, definitely. Don't like Edinburgh people in general, but Edinburgh students are just the worst.

na i'm saying i got a short temper which caused me to get kicked out and not finish my GCSE's.. level 2 keyskills in england and maths is the same as GCSE english and maths..so both are as good as each other.

Bruv

We've all been adolescents before, don't use that as an excuse.

Too many guys I know use that as an excuse for where their lives have ended up. As kids there was very little between us, I'm sure most of the forum have been involved in some madness outside, gone on eats, had beef, been suspended etc,. The difference is we didn't let ourselves get out of control to the extent where we begin blaming the system which yes is known to fail us, for our lack of opportunities in life like how you have.

Short temper is a sh*t excuse, we're all from the same place at the end of the day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

na i'm saying i got a short temper which caused me to get kicked out and not finish my GCSE's.. level 2 keyskills in england and maths is the same as GCSE english and maths..so both are as good as each other.

Bruv

Too many guys I know use that as an excuse for where their lives have ended up. As kids there was very little between us, I'm sure most of the forum have been involved in some madness outside, gone on eats, had beef, been suspended etc,. The difference is we didn't let ourselves get out of control to the extent where we begin blaming the system which yes is known to fail us, for our lack of opportunities in life like how you have.

Short temper is a sh*t excuse, we're all from the same place at the end of the day.

na i know it's a sh*t excuse but it's my only excuse..certain teachers would use it to there advantage winding me up till i flipped..

then soon as i got kicked out i wish i could start from year 7 again..some joke ting

School education ent all it's cracked up to be anyway, feels a lot better learning things on your own.

Bruv

na i know it's a sh*t excuse but it's my only excuse..certain teachers would use it to there advantage winding me up till i flipped..

then soon as i got kicked out i wish i could start from year 7 again..some joke ting

School education ent all it's cracked up to be anyway, feels a lot better learning things on your own.

set teachers would abuse this tactic in my school

Bruv

Teacher - pick up that paper

me- wern't me that dropped it

Teacher - Yes it was i saw you

Me - HOW did you see me if it wasn't me

Teacher - Get out, tired of your back chat (1 hour after school detention)

FAO people mentioning Brunel, Greenwich, Westminster etc.

You're confirming what I said 2bh.

These institutions have one thing in common whether you want to kid yourself that they don't or not.

Try running your photoshopped certificate bullshit with any Russell Group Uni or remotely demanding course and you'll fall flat on your face.

imo brunel should not be classed with the latter unis mentioned

do you hope to purse a career in academia?

Bruv

:lol:

similar ting happened to me a few times but i rememember 1 occasion in particular

we had some raff teacher named mr Aiyadah

he told me to get out, i said "ure such a mug"

and cos of his failure to comprehend british slang terms he paused and said "ARE YOU CALLING ME A MONKEY?", which was met with bare lols,shouting and screaming in the lesson. Then he kept screamin "YOU ARE GONE,YOU ARE GONE" repeatedly

then there was some next commotion where he was tryna get me expelled/suspended cos i was allegedly being racist

once i explained the situation to my head of year he managed to squash it and all i had to do was apologise :lol:

Guest Yilmaz

These institutions have one thing in common whether you want to kid yourself that they don't or not.

Try running your photoshopped certificate bullshit with any Russell Group Uni or remotely demanding course and you'll fall flat on your face.

Brunel is OK. I know one girl from there who went to Morgan Stanley now she's at MAN Investments ttkk.

Brunel is OK. I know one girl from there who went to Morgan Stanley now she's at MAN Investments ttkk.

LDO

its only angelo being an elitist again

Bruv

similar ting happened to me a few times but i rememember 1 occasion in particular

we had some raff teacher named mr Aiyadah

he told me to get out, i said "ure such a mug"

and cos of his failure to comprehend british slang terms he paused and said "ARE YOU CALLING ME A MONKEY?", which was met with bare lols,shouting and screaming in the lesson. Then he kept screamin "YOU ARE GONE,YOU ARE GONE" repeatedly

then there was some next commotion where he was tryna get me expelled/suspended cos i was allegedly being racist

once i explained the situation to my head of year he managed to squash it and all i had to do was apologise :lol:

always that 1 joker stiring it up screaming at every line said to make it sound worse or say things like "naaaaaaa" "owwwww"

LDO

its only angelo being an elitist again

seen

funny how i see some pl that allowed education at 16 and now are in management roles, its f*cked how they would be at times recruiting grads

i dont regret getting a degree but at times i feel like im wasting my time here

It's always the same people telling me I'm a snob and that I'm elitist reh reh reh.

I went to LSE and am a grad student at the moment as well as earning.

People don't like what I'm saying because they come under what I've been talking about.

There are always exceptions to the rule, but people need to open their eyes, stop dreaming, and be realistic about the tiers of higher education.

It irritates the sh*t out of me when people who did f*ck all work for their A-Levels, got sub par grades, and went to sub par Unis try and talk on the level like their mickey mouse courses at mickey mouse establishments aren't exactly that. Deal with it.

/rant.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

It's always the same people telling me I'm a snob and that I'm elitist reh reh reh.

I went to LSE and am a grad student at the moment as well as earning.

People don't like what I'm saying because they come under what I've been talking about.

There are always exceptions to the rule, but people need to open their eyes, stop dreaming, and be realistic about the tiers of higher education.

It irritates the sh*t out of me when people who did f*ck all work for their A-Levels, got sub par grades, and went to sub par Unis try and talk on the level like their mickey mouse courses at mickey mouse establishments aren't exactly that. Deal with it.

/rant.

Why are you such an irrate yout?

f*ck*ng 'ell, it ain't that deep.

Actually, I was gonna be all cool about it...

f*ck THIS ANGELO NIGGA.

Let's get into it.

f*ck the 'exceptions/rule' theory.

The individual is more of a determinant that the educational institution.

Most of the students attending these uni's are fully aware that they're not as good as these elite schools & even so, elite according to whom? Etonians probably look at the uni you attended like it ain't sh*t.

• Upvote 3