Uni Requirements

PopT

Angelo seems to have a massive superiortiy complex.

I'd say the key to being a success is -

1) Who you know

2) The way you conduct yourself

3) Your degree

If you've got all three you're a shoe-in for the top.

With the amount of people going to Uni these days I don't really think the establishment matters too much... UNLESS you're going to a shockingly sh*t Uni.

I appreciate that a counter-argument could be made for the last point the complete opposite way.

• Upvote 1

Angelo seems to have a massive superiortiy complex.

I'd say the key to being a success is -

1) Who you know

2) The way you conduct yourself

3) Your degree

If you've got all three you're a shoe-in for the top.

With the amount of people going to Uni these days I don't really think the establishment matters too much... UNLESS you're going to a shockingly sh*t Uni.

I appreciate that a counter-argument could be made for the last point the complete opposite way.

fully c/s this 100%

thats why i have been trying to build connections this summer

Guest Yilmaz

Angelo is gassing about LSE, fact. He and I both know it.

His searchable posts only go back as far as August 2009 - probably around the time he started at a "sh*t" uni himself, hence ever since that time he's become a c*nt re university attendance etc. I have noticed it, others probably haven't but I always earmark the smart ones on this site for future reference.

IIRC this guy went to Australia and supposedly owned a bunch of houses and never actually went uni. If Lady Older Gamer was about she could cosign some of his sh*t cos I remember her saying he owned a business early and never went to uni. I KNOW he didn't go to LSE. Superstition and NO SUNSHINE went to LSE on this forum, and that's it.

Cos of the cunting search feature being cut (thanks Swiftie u c*nt) this guy is gonna be allowed to get away with gas.

Marlon (if that is ur real name) columbo is on to you.

columbo.jpg

• Upvote 9

His searchable posts only go back as far as August 2009 - probably around the time he started at a "sh*t" uni himself, hence ever since that time he's become a c*nt re university attendance etc. I have noticed it, others probably haven't but I always earmark the smart ones on this site for future reference.

IIRC this guy went to Australia and supposedly owned a bunch of houses and never actually went uni. If Lady Older Gamer was about she could cosign some of his sh*t cos I remember her saying he owned a business early and never went to uni. I KNOW he didn't go to LSE. Superstition and NO SUNSHINE went to LSE on this forum, and that's it.

Cos of the cunting search feature being cut (thanks Swiftie u c*nt) this guy is gonna be allowed to get away with gas.

columbo.jpg

pretty sure ive seen him talk about goin uni and doin economics

Guest Yilmaz

columbo.jpg

Yeah, read my post fully mug.

The plot thickens.

It would be a shame if MC Aggro was gassing, I genuinely thought he was a cool dude.

I just refute this sentiment that all non-Russell Group universities aren't worth sh*t.

You get the average student, who has done a lil' research in his/her selection of institutions to attend & I'm somewhat sure they'll be aware there are different bands of schools, i.e. Band A - Oxbridge Band B - Russel Group, etc.

Students go to certain universities for differing reasons too.

For example, I'm at Uni. of Westminster because

A. I ain't moving out of London.

B. It's a sick media university

C. It has arguably the leading music/music business course in Europe. A course I happen to do. No need to even lie, a couple of dons of the forum have done the course themselves or gone uni here with me.

This is just one set of varying reasons why I opt to go to a non-RG institution. Others may have different ones.

Then there's all the other variables to take into account. Believe it or not, not everyone goes to university for the same reasons, so why assume their choices all have to adhere to a similar 'standard'.

It ain't even what you said initially that was bad, it's just your cuntish tone that made it bad. A cuntish tone, that's we've seen before on various subjects. Only reaffirmed with the 'Mickey Mouse uni' rant.

Bottom line is, you come across like a bit of a c*nt.

Adieu

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

columbo.jpg

Yeah, read my post fully mug.

"IIRC this guy went to Australia and supposedly owned a bunch of houses and never actually went uni"

u cant say two opposite things and then say u caught him out because one of them was true

To study what?

BA English & American Lit

Very Good.

I was gonna do English at one point at Goldsmiths.

Had a place reserved to start last year but decided against it.

It's a very good Uni for Literature/Creative Writing/Links to Journalism.

Cheers for that, was it something about the uni that made you pass up or other plans?

I decided to take a year out and work/earn some money.

Now I'm doing Economics.

It was mainly because I couldn't see a lifestyle I wanted from Journalism...

llow telling lies to make ppl look bad brah

Yilmaz where do you go uni/did you go?

The university of life, first class with honours.

blatently got a degree from disney land

vip2 youth: i dont feel comfortable with u lot taking advice from this schizophrenic

be careful young brothers and sisters

Guest Yilmaz

Evidence has been found. Within the space of a year, this guy has gone from going to Goldsmiths, to the University of Melbourne, to having GONE to LSE (meaning 3 years done) and now doing postgrad.

I smell bullshit.

I'll collate it in a bit.

But his superiority complex + all the things that don't add up + owning bare houses at 19 + him always coming across a snobby c*nt = ooooooooooooweeeeeeee

The plot thickens.

It would be a shame if MC Aggro was gassing, I genuinely thought he was a cool dude.

I just refute this sentiment that all non-Russell Group universities aren't worth sh*t.

You get the average student, who has done a lil' research in his/her selection of institutions to attend & I'm somewhat sure they'll be aware there are different bands of schools, i.e. Band A - Oxbridge Band B - Russel Group, etc.

Students go to certain universities for differing reasons too.

For example, I'm at Uni. of Westminster because

A. I ain't moving out of London.

B. It's a sick media university

C. It has arguably the leading music/music business course in Europe. A course I happen to do. No need to even lie, a couple of dons of the forum have done the course themselves or gone uni here with me.

This is just one set of varying reasons why I opt to go to a non-RG institution. Others may have different ones.

Then there's all the other variables to take into account. Believe it or not, not everyone goes to university for the same reasons, so why assume their choices all have to adhere to a similar 'standard'.

It ain't even what you said initially that was bad, it's just your cuntish tone that made it bad. A cuntish tone, that's we've seen before on various subjects. Only reaffirmed with the 'Mickey Mouse uni' rant.

Bottom line is, you come across like a bit of a c*nt.

Adieu

AMEN

i always thought angelo was young, didn't know he was already a grad student. anyway like other people have said, it's all course related. not everyone wants to go into a maths or science based industry. my uni wasn't in a russell group, in fact i'll admit i hadn't even heard of this group till this topic. but it is one of the top design colleges in the country, and has a great reputation in that industry.

in regards to the original question, yeah it's possible but obviously you will struggle on the course having had no experience, but also with getting a job in whatever field you're studying. some uni's may be lax, but (good) employers aren't. i would do things the right way, even if it means you'll end up being a mature student.