Benefits of Squats?

NiNES.

Guest M12 Part 2

atg is one of them things. everyone thinks they are doing it, but in reality hardly anyone is.I know bare guys who've gone from quarter squats to half squats and think they are doing atg.then theres the people who think parallel is atg.A good way to determine if ur doing atg, is if te back of your calves TOUCH your hamstrings at the bottom of each rep. If you dont feel them touch, you most probably aint doing atg./saying that parallel is enough imo

atg is one of them things. everyone thinks they are doing it, but in reality hardly anyone is.I know bare guys who've gone from quarter squats to half squats and think they are doing atg.then theres the people who think parallel is atg.A good way to determine if ur doing atg, is if te back of your calves TOUCH your hamstrings at the bottom of each rep. If you dont feel them touch, you most probably aint doing atg./saying that parallel is enough imo
True, I could prob do heavier weights, but would rather do a lower weight but do atg

Make sure you go for a dump beforehand though.Just sayin'...
once i was on the end bench next to squat rack, guy squats, and farts, centimetres from my face. wasn't amused./i do my legs once a week and i can feel the ache for a good 3 or 4 days later, so yeh, ur deffo doing it too much,

Guest M12 Part 2
I try to go just beyond parallel, but is it really that much better to do ATG? Does it make returning to the starting position considerably harder?
loool its called "the hole" and its a horrible place.once you hit acertain depth and you're tired you aint coming back out. its scary as f*ck 1st time it happens. ur squeezing ur hardest bar aint moving. only thing to do is strategically bail

certain times i do squats and my hips/groin just aren't having iti could only do 2 sets today and had to stop from the paini think it's a flexibility issue, but no matter how much i stretch i still feel it in my hipsmy body is a joke though. too many joint and muscle problems to list

Thats way too much, spesh if your doing it proper, you would be a cripple lolIts the king of moves, with deadlifting being second.Make sure you do ass to grass, see pure ppl doing heavy weights but hardly going down
was told to put a bench there (with the barbell machine ting) as he said he has the same effect of atgand that atg with heavy weights without a belt causes injury?is this true.. or?

• 2 weeks later...

if by barbell machine ting, u mean smiths machine, allow it, use a squat rack and full sized bar. i went through a stage of using the smiths a lot and thought i was a badman with squats, moved back to free weight and felt like i was gonna fall on my arse, even if u think ur not leaning on the machine u wont be learning to balance the weight correctly.

if by barbell machine ting, u mean smiths machine, allow it, use a squat rack and full sized bar. i went through a stage of using the smiths a lot and thought i was a badman with squats, moved back to free weight and felt like i was gonna fall on my arse, even if u think ur not leaning on the machine u wont be learning to balance the weight correctly.
nah i seen ppl put a bench, from the dumbbell section in-between their legs, so if they get down and can't get up they got the seat as protection, i'm not tall enough for that. does anyone do squats with their feet really far apart? i can't do them at just shoulder width.

nah i seen ppl put a bench, from the dumbbell section in-between their legs, so if they get down and can't get up they got the seat as protection, i'm not tall enough for that. does anyone do squats with their feet really far apart? i can't do them at just shoulder width.
yh i was just sayin the smiths has ppl gassed, seen sum guys fully leaning, with there body at like a 45 degree angle pushing the weight up the rails and thinking they can squat heavy. when i was using smiths i tried to get my form as good as i could, but even then when i went back free weight i had to take a load of weight off and learn to balance the bar again. what you can lift on a smiths =/= what you can really lift. you progress alot faster with free weight ime, theres just a lot more going on, benefits you dont get by having the bar on rails. i know lots of ppl like having a bench there for safety, personally like to have a clear space so i can just dump the weight and get out the way if it gets dodgy.also i think you need to careful not to have your feet too wide apart, apparently you cause injury at heavier weight, seem to remember guillermo saying he cudnt squat anymore cos he tore his groin or somthing. jus try and get more flexible init.

First started squatting in the squat rack but switched to the smith after a few months, just to see what it was saying. Got up to 2 plates in the smith and thought I was a don especially coz I been training under a year. Went back to the squat rack and 2 plates felt mad heavy and my balance was non existent. My boy still wants to do his squats in the smith though coz he "hates the squat rack" but I'm back on it now and moved up to 2 and a half plates. Learnt to balance the ting again properly and stabilize myself.Don't think I'll be going back to the smith to squat tbh

my full leg day last week fully killed me, doing calf raises for the first time in a year left me unable to stand up quickly and going down stairs was a serious effort, ive never felt pain like it from the gym, but the squats are still good after being a little bit neglected