do u think it's possible

o-guy

to still be in love with yur partner, but at the same time dislike them?cuz i think this may be the case for one female friend and her partner and yet i actually dn't understand how this can be sowhat would u say are the signs?im thinking resentment might have a lot to do with iteveryone weigh in

love and hate are opposites which live together, it is only possible to hate someone if you can love them, and only possibly to love someone if you can hate themwhen people do f*cked up sh*t, you hate them while still loving them so it's f*cked up so you have to distance yourself so the love and hate go down together til you no longer either hate or love themremoving hate from a loving relationship takes time and endurance and the person who caused the hate has to cause extra love to cancel out the hate, and it depends on the person, and due to circumstances sometimes it's not possible to move the big pile of hatelife is opposites

• Upvote 3

Simply put, yes it's possible. However, a trigger of some sort is always needed and resentment is defo one of them.In my opinion one can not love without equally showing one of a plethora of negative emotions we all innately possess. The fact that your in love with them or love them just merely serves as a way to regulate the emotional intensity when it occurs, how frequent and how fast you forgive them.The signs are usually basic little things that the partner would normally think is nice or would normally not pay to much attention to or even bring it up but all over a sudden it's an issue/a dislike for them. For example, little things like the way they walk, the way they dress, the way they brush their teeth. All over a sudden they talk to loud & jokes he/she found funny are now dry & irritating. Somehow he/she doesn't like one of your family members now who apparently now he/she just got along with them for your sake.

Don't think it's love.I think sometimes resentment just overtakes someone, but the convenience and complacency the relationship gives them makes it incredibly difficult to leave.Leading to this:

some couples are just mad from the start, swing from one extreme to another, either cuddling or throttling one another.
This was officially me.It never lasts.

Yes I do think that's possible. [Chris rock/] if you aint never looked at your woman, had the murder weapon ready, and the only thing that stopped you goin through with it was watching an episode of C.S.I, you aint ever been in love [chris rock/]Now, while I think this is an exaggeration I believe it has a point. Love is the most extreme emotion when its pure and true imo. It can bring the strongest traits of all other emotions: jealousy, hate, happiness etc. Being happy when in love with someone is like cloud 9, falling out/losing the one you love is 1 of the hardest rock bottoms. Its the fact that love is involved which makes the other emotions so amplified. So while you can love someone dearly if there's somethin you don't like about them I do think its possible that it could also cause hate for them.I also pretty much c/s what O. Man & Goddaz said