Totally different outlook on training

Kane1506

I have been training properly on and off since i was about 18 (now 21), and im 6ft and have always been inbetween 70 - 73 kg. i always thought that no matter how hard i hit it i was never getting any serious gains, apart from muscles becomming harder. Whilst i have been training i have realised most people know the various lifting styles e.g lift heavy to get sizek, lift lighter to get ripped and most seem to follow them in some kind of way, but not alot of people actually make serious gains. I always thought that what i was doing was right in order to get bigger, as not only was i training but i was eating a serious amount of food everyday, or so i thought. fast forward to about 3 week ago andi came across the GOMAD thread in this forum and thought why not ill give it a go, now i can honestly hand on heart say i have not been following the diet strictly, but let me tell you the solid 3 meals a day along with bigger portions and healthier snacks are making a massive difference. usually i would wake up and eat toast or a bowl of cereal, and then for lunch maybe more toast or super noodles then maybe have a good meal for dinner, in between meals i would eat things like crisp, chocolate and biscuits, but now my typical days food will be a big breakfast such as a large bowl of cereal and fruit, then maybe a c ouple of tuna sandwiches followed a large dinner that will have a large portion of fish, chicken or meat in. instead of snacking on choc and such things i have rpelaced them with fruit and peanut butter on toast and also similar things, along with my new diet i have also been using the strong lifts 5x5 programme and have noticed a massive different in my strength, this is the first time that i have trained my legs and cant believe i have dodged the squat rack for all this time, i have been on this programme and diet for around two and half weeks and i have already gone up in weight to 75.4kg which is the heaviest i have ever been, and im also feeling alot stronger. anyone else had any similar results?, also anyone got any other snack ideas for inbetween meals?

its crazy what a difference it makes, i am becomming a bit of a freak when it comes to eating as i am finding it hard to eat anything that isnt high in protein, cant even eat maccy ds or anythin like it
C/S stopped doing this since 2007 and was one of the best decision ive ever made. Soon it went on to KFC ( :D ) then to all fast food places and now i dont even crave or miss it anymore. I used to be quite a big lad (remembered tipping the scales at 18 stone) around my college days and got into that phase where every teenage boy starts to do weights. Fast forward 5 years to present time and im now 13 1/2 stones now. Big part is due to cardio and weights, specifically KETTLEBELLS! I HIGHLY recommend using these as they are a full body work out and combine muscle/strength building as well as cardio in one routine and i almost exclusively use these as my weight training, but anyways, onto the eating.Some good snacks you could have inbetween meals are almonds, fruit, cottage cheese, ryvita's etc. These are what spring to mind ATM and what i also down as snacks but there are plenty of others you could have.I also follow the common "4-6 meals" a day rule, having porridge and green tea in the morning and then high protein foods throughout the day such as tuna, turkey breats and protein shakes and ending the day with a helping of cottage cheese. I also drink at least 4 litres of water a day and keep my bread intake low throughout the week, only having it on the weekends and getting my carbs from veggies (broccoli, cauliflower). I did also drink alot of milk before but now only have it with my breakfast. The only downside to this is that it takes time to prepare and make especially if you'v e got work or uni like i havebut IMO PREPARATION is the key to success. As long as you prepare your routine and meals, then you wont have to worry thinking about it when the time comes.I've recently been slacking abit not eating properly and consistently and not putting my all in my training, but have fully commited to it again from the start of this month. Dont know how long it will last though :D Diet is the most important part followed by training but we all get their in the end eventually. Give those kettlebells a try if you havent already mayne. :D
  • Upvote 1

its crazy what a difference it makes, i am becomming a bit of a freak when it comes to eating as i am finding it hard to eat anything that isnt high in protein, cant even eat maccy ds or anythin like it
C/S stopped doing this since 2007 and was one of the best decision ive ever made. Soon it went on to KFC ( :D ) then to all fast food places and now i dont even crave or miss it anymore. I used to be quite a big lad (remembered tipping the scales at 18 stone) around my college days and got into that phase where every teenage boy starts to do weights. Fast forward 5 years to present time and im now 13 1/2 stones now. Big part is due to cardio and weights, specifically KETTLEBELLS! I HIGHLY recommend using these as they are a full body work out and combine muscle/strength building as well as cardio in one routine and i almost exclusively use these as my weight training, but anyways, onto the eating.Some good snacks you could have inbetween meals are almonds, fruit, cottage cheese, ryvita's etc. These are what spring to mind ATM and what i also down as snacks but there are plenty of others you could have.I also follow the common "4-6 meals" a day rule, having porridge and green tea in the morning and then high protein foods throughout the day such as tuna, turkey breats and protein shakes and ending the day with a helping of cottage cheese. I also drink at least 4 litres of water a day and keep my bread intake low throughout the week, only having it on the weekends and getting my carbs from veggies (broccoli, cauliflower). I did also drink alot of milk before but now only have it with my breakfast. The only downside to this is that it takes time to prepare and make especially if you'v e got work or uni like i havebut IMO PREPARATION is the key to success. As long as you prepare your routine and meals, then you wont have to worry thinking about it when the time comes.I've recently been slacking abit not eating properly and consistently and not putting my all in my training, but have fully commited to it again from the start of this month. Dont know how long it will last though :D Diet is the most important part followed by training but we all get their in the end eventually. Give those kettlebells a try if you havent already mayne. :D
good post mate, yea i seen a fwe people using the kettle bells in the gym but dont really no any exercises to do with them so thats whats puttin me off really, not a big fan of nuts and have to force myself to eat peanut butter with alot of jam lol, but will defo give the other snacks a try

my diet and training have lost a bit of motivation recently, im still hitting the gym but not with the same intensity as a few weeks back, generally dont have the energy levels, this coming from my diet falling off.i really find it difficult to consume a lot of calories, and a lot of the time i cant be bothered forcing my self. also this is in part to my sleeping patterns of getting up late (which over the past 2 weeks have been influenced by working nights) the worst part is loosing stream a month before im going traveling so want to be lookng my best when im out there. but it does mean i still have chance to get back on@kane is it all nuts? ive recently become hooked on cashews and pistachio's 100g pack of cashews cost 60p and have 20g protein and nearly 600 calories. smashing a pack of these is a very easy thing to do. i absolutely hate peanuts and peanut butter toosesame seeds have pretty similar nutritional value and u could easily be thrown in with rice dishes (not that ive tried it, as it just occured to me) sunflower seeds have 25g of protein per 100g too and all are a good source of fat too

Whoops, meant to say i drink up to 4 litres a day. Recently i got one of those Water filters and ive been banging that out everyday, it holds 2 litres and i get through the whole container about 2x a day filing up 2 2litre evian bottles so just making a overall guess. about 2 litres while training and another 2 throughout the day to keep hydrated.Ye ill say 4 litres max, dont wanna be a camal out ere lol

yeah i cant cut out the fast food entirely eitheras a boxer i have never ever had to put on weight its always been the oppositeeven with losing weight diet is like 70%. i mean if you are obese and you want to shed pounds then doing some cardio is gonna help alot, but i could run every day and train every day but if my diet isn't right i put on weight. I can easily put on 10-15 lb's in a week, although mostly water. Those are the genes I was given. I can also put on muscle very quickly and my frame is naturally big, I have huge calves, quads and a very big back and shoulders.some people can lose weight easy. one pro at my gym who is 5"4 went from 170 lbs to 130 lbs in a little over 2 months. he worked hard as hell but even so I could never do that.i have to eat totally clean for a week and I can lose 1 or 2 lb's. as well as eating clean I need to run at least 3 times a week, preferably 5. my daily calorie intake is around 1.7k, very low. i drink a lot of water too, not sure how many litres but my p!ss stays white all day.

i never eat fast food. the only takeaway i will get is a curry like maybe once every 10 days or so. and there's a couple of russian/georgian/persian restaurants i go to now and then.i don't get cravings for sh1tty cheap chicken and burgers. if i ever eat them nowdays i just feel sick from the grease.dunno why you lot find it so hard. if you abstain for 6 weeks you'll probably find the smell of sam's nauseating rather than enticing