Frimpong out for 9 months

Mr. Gayle

you lot need to look into your training methods and maybe pitches toocome like west ham and newcastle a few years back

Guest Lemons
Emmanuel Frimpong will be out for "six to nine months" after injuring his cruciate knee ligaments in training this week.The powerful 18-year-old midfielder figured heavily in pre-season and according to Arsène Wenger, was likely to see first-team action during the campaign. Unsurprisingly he described the news as "a massive blow" when he spoke to TV Online on Thursday.This comes a day after it was announced that Samir Nasri underwent surgery on his own knee problem. Thankfully he will be out for just a matter of weeks."Samir's injury is a blow for us and a blow for France aswell," said Wenger. "He was continuing his natural progression and had a very good pre-season."But we have had another blow with Emmanuel Frimpong. He has done his cruciate in training. That is a massive blow. A cartilage is three to four weeks but a cruciate like that one Frimpong did yesterday is six to nine months."I rate him highly and I still have a lot of faith in him but we will miss him for six to nine months."
Source: Arsenal.com

Pissed when I heard.It didnt happen at Arsenal's training ground, he was with the reserves in Dublin, and apparently he had nobody around him.Means more Craig Eastmond/more naive midfield defending trio's.Gonna be very hard for him to save his Arsenal career, infact Wenger will have to had HUGELY rated him prior.

Pissed when I heard.It didnt happen at Arsenal's training ground, he was with the reserves in Dublin, and apparently he had nobody around him.Means more Craig Eastmond/more naive midfield defending trio's.Gonna be very hard for him to save his Arsenal career, infact Wenger will have to had HUGELY rated him prior.
:D He's 18. He'll barely be 19 when he comes back.

:D He's 18. He'll barely be 19 when he comes back.
YES BUT
Big shame though, could easily of established himself as good cover for Song this season. Hopefully Wenger does rate him enough to be patient.
Ramsey back this year, Eastmond gets another year ahead of him, Coquelin back with a year of playing experience, Lansbury, Nordtveit & Henderson could all get a chance, Aneke and Yennaris could step up from the U18s, and then Wenger could always use his cheque book.Don't forget Frimpong had a injury hit season last season, and this summer he was hoping to get over them injuries and move forward.

Frimpong is by far our least tactically aware DM. I very much doubt he'd have made a positive difference in that respect.