real shit

thinkingthuglife

Nas is as important as Shakespare?

you're having a laugh mate.

why

most verses on illmatic are a lot better than any shakespeare i have read in terms of sonnets/soliloquoy

shall we compare them on a summers day?

:lol:

I would pos but it seems my privileges to do so are missing. All I see is green and red where others have pos'd or neg'd.

• Downvote 2

DOES ANYONE LISTEN TO MUSIC FROM 400 YEARS AGO THOUGH.

music and literature were at different stages of development so it's not fair to compare how advanced literature was compared to the music

and er yeh im pretty sure classical music is still popular

and you can't say oh in 400 years time they gonna buss nas and study it like Shakespeare because humanity will be very different in 400 years, the way people will learn the information that will be available

EVOLUTIONARY STAGES ARE SPEEDING UP AS INFORMATION PILES ON INFORMATION SOON ONE WILL BE BORN INTO INSTANT FULFILLMENT OF MANKIND

can confirm they also teach wu tang in school in 2410 as wu tang is forever

the scope for analysis of ghostface killah, possibly the most advanced lyrical imagist of all time, is infinite

as this thread on one of my favorite verses here illustrates http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40272

the reason we dont see these artists as important as a coleridge keats shakespeare et al is because the illuminati tells you what is good and you are inclined to believe them rather than go against the establishment

im sure all those guys were great in there time but language and society has evolved,we should be keeping up with it as a society but we will rather paint an image of an urban black male as a solely physical threat,that is medieval

it is my strong belief that they should teach rap in school at the gcse level,rap is music about the world outside today and what else is school for than to prepare you for a life in the world outside today

is it strictly necessary to know that a flower reminded you of a womans face while you were dawdling down the lane on whitsun in 1765? or that a horse carrying hay had some sweat running down its leg as the sun shone down ? of course not it is wildly irrelevent,which is why modern schooling fails to connect with a majority of the youth today,to connect with the young it is best to capture there imagination,how can you do this wen you force them to view learning of literature which has little resemblence to the world they see wen they go home at the end of the day,it breeds dissociation

while i am not campaigning against the old world establishments stuff being taught,i am saying we should embrace modern works of genius also,however there is a gulf between the 'powers that be' recognising or even understanding the language of rap music without feeling horribly affronted that may yet take centuries to overcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVzprTktmW0

• Upvote 6

About more versatile and better flow

suck out

Nas is sik couldn't smash a neptunes or storch beat like Jay tho. sh*t jigga can even do rock n bangra yo. the nigga could probably smash a dubstep beat.

who cares?

nas is probably as lyrically important as shakespeare,meanwhile jayz stays recycling old wives tales and syllogisms which are passed of as his own to ppl who have a blinkered perspective with limited knowledge of the history of the world,which is why he has a massive audience

sick of ppl quoting jayz saying 'dont argue with fools' etc as if he invented these sayings f*ck*ng more ons

i dnt want to do the nas jayz debate im just saying real sh*t,posd cos i like the topic

bout who cares r u a fukin retard. I said jay more versatile n told u why n u chat sh*t about shakespear. gimp. k blood u drop sum real talk n c if i agree.

suck out

Nas is sik couldn't smash a neptunes or storch beat like Jay tho. sh*t jigga can even do rock n bangra yo. the nigga could probably smash a dubstep beat.

who cares?

nas is probably as lyrically important as shakespeare,meanwhile jayz stays recycling old wives tales and syllogisms which are passed of as his own to ppl who have a blinkered perspective with limited knowledge of the history of the world,which is why he has a massive audience

sick of ppl quoting jayz saying 'dont argue with fools' etc as if he invented these sayings f*ck*ng more ons

i dnt want to do the nas jayz debate im just saying real sh*t,posd cos i like the topic

bout who cares r u a fukin retard. I said jay more versatile n told u why n u chat sh*t about shakespear. gimp. k blood u drop sum real talk n c if i agree.

you saying jayz is better than nas because he sounds good to you on rock and bangra wasnt rly worth addressing imo,so i tried to switch perspective up by comparing nas to someone who is widely regarded as the greatest writer in the english language

all my posts are written with the intention of them being real talk,if you disagree thats not a great concern to me my lad

this has never been a grime forum mate.

grime is for cunts on the whole....do u like it?

yh its my music. so u neva listened 2 dizzie n ddubz?

tht was 03 bruv. its 010 now

eh? so u don't listen 2 rap now coz tupac n biggie died. y so much wetness on here these days?

no i dont listen to grime cos its sh*t now and was nothing like it was when it started. most ppl nowadays who say they are grime fans nowadays are cunts

are u a c*nt?

most ppl who get emosh online r gimps. r u a gimp? y u neva answer simples Qs?

yh i think pmoney ghetts dot rotten n stayfresh click r sik so listen 2 em.

suck out

who cares?

you saying jayz is better than nas because he sounds good to you on rock and bangra wasnt rly worth addressing imo,so i tried to switch perspective up by comparing nas to someone who is widely regarded as the greatest writer in the english language

all my posts are written with the intention of them being real talk,if you disagree thats not a great concern to me my lad

k boss. i just sayin Nas can only mek 1 type of tune. the 1 he did wi ginuwine woz sh*t but his deep sh*t is sik.