Notting Hill Summer 2010

Guest Awesome Kong

Guest WAVESURFER

for somebody who's lived in London since their birth and never been to carnival is it the type of place to take my family (2kids) ?

Do they like bashment and gang violence?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

Guest Awesome Kong

That aint what Carnival is about, if it was then it wouldnt attract so many people.

Thats a very unfair comment on carvinal.

surely it's a fun day out?

It's a good atmosphere, obviously there will be parts where d*ckheads will be but still, it's live.

That aint what Carnival is about, if it was then it wouldnt attract so many people.

Yeah it's a fun day out obviously you get some dumb motherf*ckers who come to beef like d*ckheads but mostly it's a good atmosphere especially since the police will probably have these these gangs snitching on each other again like last year.

Scotland Yard will receive intelligence from gangs as part of their operation, codenamed Razorback, to target criminals during the Notting Hill Carnival

GANG members will spy for the police to give them advance warning of any trouble at this year’s Notting Hill Carnival.

Officers have already seized two samurai swords and arrested 19 people suspected of plotting to cause trouble or deal drugs at this weekend’s festival after being tipped off by a special Carnival intelligence unit codenamed Razorback.

They have also written to another 150 known troublemakers, warning them they will not be able to get anywhere near the festival.

Detectives say gangs will attempt to travel to the west London event but Razorback will monitor their movements, and crowds of officers at transport hubs will target them with stop and searches then turn them away before they get close to the parade.

Further ‘layers’ of police will be searching people at the entrance to the Carnival area, and seizing dangerous dogs, while uniformed officers will patrol along the parade route itself.

Chief Inspector Jo Edwards said: "At any event like this you can see gangs travelling in from other areas of London. The intelligence unit is aware of this and will act on it. We receive information from a range of sources including gangs."

Last year officers swooped on more than 150 known gang members heading to the Carnival from Oval after a tip-off. They are relying on similar intelligence - some from gang members - to warn them of any similar attempts this year.

for somebody who's lived in London since their birth and never been to carnival is it the type of place to take my family (2kids) ?

Yes, but it all depends on where you go

Some areas are less hype and have better vibes and some are just filled with gassed up youts on a hype ting

My advice for a nice fam day out would be to go on Sunday cause its less busy, maybe find a spot near westbourne park station or trellick tower to see some of the floats go by and check out the stalls by golborne rd and portobello rd for stuff like food, horns, flags etc.

Was gonna say a few soundsytems to check out but my minds gone blank atm.

corse its fun, alll that gang sh*t relates to ppl who r in gangs and cant leave the ends

just be urself aint no1 going to trouble u

Guest Johnny Dang

After party if anything...

Not too sure bout the main thing, but then again I say that every other year.

Thing is its gonna be more of a Rep-your-gang convention this year....

Alwayz has been

Guest Yilmaz

Yeah I'm rolling

With the right people you can have a great weekend.

When I roll thru, ten man roll if it ain't ten man fifteen man feature run up and jump outta da 3 litre way too heavy can't weigh on Tanita >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>