PS3 Jailbreak/PS3 Groove

Black.

Rumours are swirling this morning that the PlayStation 3's security has finally been breached and "backup" software now runs on the Sony platform.

A company of unknown origin has created what it calls the PSJailbreak - a combination of software and USB dongle that seemingly allows all makes and model of retail PlayStation 3 to copy and run any kind of game code, even with the latest firmware updates in place.

While it remains to be seen whether it is another in a long line of elaborate fakes, it's understood that multiple modchip resellers were sent anonymous packages from Hong Kong, and one of the recipients - Australia-based OzModChips - has posted two convincing-looking videos on YouTube showing the system in action.

Based on OzModChips' YouTube offerings, the dongle itself appears to be activated when the system is booted by holding down the power followed by the eject button. This might suggest that the USB dongle is an adapted form of debug equipment used by Sony itself in testing production and refurbished PS3s, and several consoles locked into "factory mode" have escaped into the wild before now.

If true, this is a crushing blow for Sony, especially as potential pirates won't even need to buy a Blu-ray burner to acquire copied games: the hack works by streaming game data either from the internal HDD or alternatively via USB flash drives or hard disks.

But is it the real deal? Hacker websites are saying it is, while the publicly available game-dumping tool from the "Jailbreak" site installs without the USB dongle on debug PS3s, and does indeed rip retail games, although they do not boot. There have been many fakes in the past - PSJailbreak looks disturbingly authentic.

We have contacted SCEE and await comment.

http://www.ozmodchips.com/ps-jailbreak-worlds-first-ps3-modchip-plug-and-play-p-68.html

My 60gb is never getting updated

It's legit

• Do tools like SN Systems Target Manger work while this mod is being used? No Target Manager does not connect, it tries but fails.

• Does a debug settings menu appear like on PS3 Test units? No this does not appear when using the dongle.

• Can the USB Dongle be dumped? Possibly however initial common attempts to dump it have failed. The dongle is detected as an Unknown USB device in windows. It does not show up as a storage device. Trying to raw dump it with programs like Hex workshop also do not detect it since it doesn’t show as a storage device.

• Does the dongle only need to be used once to convert my PS3 to a debug unit? No, you must use it every time you want to play a backup. Removing the dongle crashes the system.

• Does this work on firmware lower than 3.41? No, using it with a firmware lower than 3.41 boots to a black screen.

Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/ps-jailbreak-ps3-pics-reviews-faq-guide-and-new-videos/#ixzz0xG67GtoT

lol NOTEBOOK.

Compaq nc4400

when i 1st installed it it was sluggish as hell.. but few tweaks

runnin so smooth

just checked ur specs according to sum neeks they aint good enough to run a ps2 emulator at 60

beg u tell me ur settings or if u use an emulator different to pcsx2

yeh i use pcsx2

i jus checked and themost i can get is 50

when i play jpn games it sets it to 60

im playing ultimate ninja 5 EUR @ 50 atm

does that mean i was gassin, im not sure?