X Factor 2010

Jodie

Guest Blue State Of Mind

The whole white girl singing 'black music' has been done to death in this country i don't see whats the big deal, you've got Duffy, Pixie Lott, Amy Winehouse, Adele etc. I'm finally starting to see Estelles point about the UK scene.

• Upvote 3

Guest Blue State Of Mind

LOL @ Cheryl saying Cher was just like her. More like that's the kind of sound Cheryl wants to be moving towards. Wouldn't be surprised if Cheryl jumps on the bandwagon and starts doing this kind of thing tbh.

She didn't say that though.

She said "You're right up my street"

As in she likes her.

She said "She was me for me" when talking to Louis backstage after. Then Louis said something like; "Yeah she is a bit like you, she even has a tattoo on her hand".

Watch the full version.

Cheryl Cole is chatting a bag of air, shes nothing like her. In fact Cheryl Cole is one of the most talentless singers in this country, how the hell can she be judging other singers when 99% of people who have made it to the X-Factor liveshows have a far better voice than her.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

When she was like 'im gonna do turn my swag on' i was thinking :/ But she went in.

Hope she falls into Cheryl's group, she's the only one that can work with her properly imo

Why cause they both possibly like black d*ck lol?

Cheryl Cole has no experience in regards to bringing through a young singer, Simon is the best person to work with here he actually understands the music buisiness and can forger a good career.

• Upvote 2

Guest Blue State Of Mind

the way black culture has taken off in the uk.

Agree in some ways, but same time most black artists haven't had success making 'black music'

And the same time, singers like Estelle have to go America to have success and are displaced in favour of blue eyed soul singers like Adelle, Pixie Lott and co.

So while it has had a impact its one that hasn't been beneficiary to black artists.

• Upvote 4

PMSL @ having the likes of Tinchy, Chipmunk & f*ck*ng JLS represent Black culture. Are you mad!?

Wiley & Dizzee to an extent do this, but N-Dubz? Really dude?

Listen, I'm ALL for their success & wish them tons more, but let's call a spade, a spade. They are pop acts.

At the end of the day, Black music on its own, will start off as a niche market. Black people give it credibility, non-Blacks validate it with dollars & pounds. That's how it's worked for decades.

The names mentioned above, the music that's making them successful isn't music that's credible. It's not really their fault, they gotta do what they gotta, minor, but never, ever in your life label songs like Oopsie Daisy as f*ck*ng Black culture.

/Vent

• Upvote 7

Guest Blue State Of Mind

the way black culture has taken off in the uk.

Agree in some ways, but same time most black artists haven't had success making 'black music'

And the same time, singers like Estelle have to go America to have success and are displaced in favour of blue eyed soul singers like Adelle, Pixie Lott and co.

So while it has had a impact its one that hasn't been beneficiary to black artists.

dizzee

tynchy

wiley

chipmunk

jls

ndubs even tho they arent black

to name a few. thts jus the beginning. they starting to have all these t4 pop events tht cater to jus urban music. i dont really get ur point about adelle and them they are totally different ting. the impact has grown in recent years theres quantitative proof. thats my point.

You can't be serious with that list, all of them are pop artists. They never got successful doing the music that the black youth of Britain actually listen to, So Solid Crew are still the only ones to get successful of music inner city black youth actually played. The rest of them just jumped on a bandwagon and started making music a middle class white audience could accept. Compare JLS with Jagged Edge, Dizzee Rascal with Jay-Z, Tinchy with J.Cole, Chipmunk with Tyga and so on those artists are not representatives of Black Culture whatever way you try to put it.

And this whole word 'urban' is bullshit, what exactly is urban music.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

You're comparing them to African-American culture though, but that is a different argument.

Not really since black culture in this country is basically African American/Carribean culture in itself.

There wouldn't of been artists like Chipmunk, Tinchy, Dizee etc if it wasn't for Black Americans, they have influenced black culture in this country moreso than anybody else.

You're comparing them to African-American culture though, but that is a different argument.

There wouldn't of been artists like Chipmunk, Tinchy, Dizee etc if it wasn't for Black Americans, they have influenced black culture in this country moreso than anybody else.

Is this not contradicting your earlier point?

Guest Blue State Of Mind

Is this not contradicting your earlier point?

Not really, if so tell me where.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

Anyone who mentions Estelle needs to sit the f*ck down.

She was a mediocre rapper (if you even would even call it that), and she can't sing for sh*t.

But Keisha White, Hill St Soul can.

And Estelle is a decent singer, and a better rapper.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

interview was interesting.. imagine if she blew up in this country doing r&b/hip hop??

not saying that it would be of high quality compared to the states but imagine what it could do for urban music in this country..

Theres already the likes of Adelle, Duffy, Amy Winehouse who have blown up doing Soul/Rnb

It wouldn't be nothing ground breaking, just encourage record labels to sign more 'blue-eyed soul singers' and discard artists like Hill St Soul and the next Lyden David Halls.

• Upvote 1

Someone up some UK based black singers that aren't getting the recognition you think they deserve that are on par vocally and otherwise with Amy Winehouse.

f*ck Adelle and Duffy I think they're sh*t 1 dimensional gimmicks with a novelty voice personally so I'm not getting involved equating them as real performers.

And lets be real. Artists appeal to the masses through their music as much as their image.

Neo soul is never going to be a groundbreaking genre. How many of your average music buying public can name 3 artists letalone another like Hill St Soul.

Lynden David Hall had a bit of a break as his music was featured on shitty romcom movies etc.