O2 Broadband Appreciation Thread

Mr. Air Max 90

Nothing but good words to say about them.

Joined with 3 months free, £15 per month contract. Constant 20MB connection, downloads always run at 2.4MB p/s, never a problem at all with the connection. Called them once to enquire about my wireless box and after they sorted it I even got a call the next day to see how things were going.

Boom, so today I call them to cancel because I'm moving to uni and I'll only be at home on weekends so there's no point. Got offered a 12 month contract with 6 months free and 6 months of £10 per month. £60 for the year!

Nothing but love for these guys, best ISP out there along with Be.

That is all...

• Upvote 2

Guest WAVESURFER

Looking to switch soon, I'm on Virgin right now and the connecttion goes like 7 times a day, every day.

Will look into these motherf*ckers, cheers for the recc.

• Downvote 1

Guest Triple XXX

im with BE, love the modem, only thing that would make it better is if it had wireless N

only problem ive had is a few days ago i had to reset my router twice cos it wasnt connecting

other than that its been smooth for the past 3 months

im with BE, love the modem, only thing that would make it better is if it had wireless N

only problem ive had is a few days ago i had to reset my router twice cos it wasnt connecting

You using a Netgear router with BE?

Guest Triple XXX

thompson

thompson

Oh ok, I know they have issues with Netgear routers after they upgraded some sh*t.

Had to switch back from the Netgear to the Thjompson one.

Guest El Padrino

thompson

Oh ok, I know they have issues with Netgear routers after they upgraded some sh*t.

Had to switch back from the Netgear to the Thjompson one.

If the router has a BROADCOM chipset. It's bless regardless of what router it is.

Otherwise just contact support and they will change your line profile to suit the adequate chipset. Basically call them up and say I'm using XYZ router and I believe you may need to modify my INP setting, normally from 2 to 1. They will handle the rest.

/

BE & O2 are two separate entities but sharing the same infrastructure which in turn makes the service top notch coz all them tech gurus that work on the network actually know what they're doing.

Guest El Padrino

all UK adsl service requires an active BT line, no way around that

if u dnt wanna pay line rental go with virgin

Even Virgin force you a £11 summin line rental ontop of the broadband regardless. It's not necessarily a BT line as there are companies out there charging less than BT for line rental with their own telecoms setup. Sky/o2/Post Office, the lot.