Traffic Jam enters ninth day

Mr. Gayle

A 100km long traffic jam in China has entered its ninth day and drivers are being warned the bottleneck could continue for a month.

Hundreds of trucks heading for Beijing on the Beijing-Tibet Expressway have been at a standstill because of roadworks in the capital.

Small traffic accidents or broken-down cars are aggravating the congestion which started on August 14.

But those affected have been taking the disruption in their stride.

Drivers have been playing chess or cards, with some joking "concerts should be held at each congested area every weekend, to alleviate drivers' homesickness".

And local residents have been benefiting from the queue too by setting up temporary stalls selling food and drink to the car owners.

There has been anger that some vendors have been making a small fortune by overcharging drivers for items including noodles and hot water.

Around 400 police officers are at the scene 24 hours a day to make sure the situation stays calm.

It is hoped the roadworks will be completed by the end of September but congestion and road safety are a huge concern for Chinese motorists.

Traffic jams have been frequent since May due to the rapid increase of trucks to a daily peak of about 17,000.

Niu Fengrui, director of the Institute for Urban and Environmental Studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences told the Global Times poor road planning was part of the problem: "If there's no traffic jam in the city, that would be news.

"Our government should pick up the pace of urban infrastructure construction and spend some of its budget."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/A-100km-Long-Traffic-Jam-In-Beijing-Enters-Its-Ninth-Day-And-Could-Continue-For-A-Month/Article/201008415702670?lpos=World_News_First_Strange_News__Article_Teaser_Region__0&lid=ARTICLE_15702670_A_100km-Long_Traffic_Jam_In_Beijing_Enters_Its_Ninth_Day_And_Could_Continue_For_A_Month

lmao imagine being stuck there

wtf would you do? get someone to come on a bicycle and drop you food?

u didnt read it did u

you again f*ck sake

yeah i did read it

you think the average china man carries enough cash to buy overpriced food and drink to survive for a month? dont expect the temporary stalls except cheques and credit cards g.

u didnt read it did u

you again f*ck sake

yeah i did read it

you think the average china man carries enough cash to buy overpriced food and drink to survive for a month? dont expect the temporary stalls except cheques and credit cards g.

what you saying now Brisco?

your the first person to properly piss me off on this forum since ashman and his benefit/bnp shite

congratulations

what for thousands of sweaty chinese truck drivers.....and you wanna live with a motorway outside your yard?

lol no im just saying if i did live on the motorway and this did happen, i wouldn't be a tight c*nt i would obviously be smart about it or try to be till i get burnt then i become a tight c*nt n let no1 in to take a piss

Lol I dont even get you but cool, I would just make the most out of it and charge the most I could

charge?

if i was broke i would charge, but if i could afford it i would sling out a couple burgers here and there just to be that guy really it's jokes like to stick in peoples minds trying to make sure i don't disappear

u didnt read it did u

you again f*ck sake

yeah i did read it

what you saying now Brisco?

your the first person to properly piss me off on this forum since ashman and his benefit/bnp shite

congratulations

you_mad_5.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

u didnt read it did u

you again f*ck sake

yeah i did read it

lmao

• Upvote 2

Cool but this is china and you live on the motorway chances are you cant afford to 'sling out burgers' to be 'that guy that slings out burgers'. Chances are you cant even afford to feed your children, how you gonna explain to your wife you wanted to be cool when you gave away the months rations? Asian woman is fickle and wont have a bar, re-think your strategy.

lmfao

i meant if i lived on the a406

lol llow china course man would be on the p ting in china

BUT THEN AGAN, I dont know much man that are rich and living on motorway in england (dont know any so not a good example)

SO WATCHU SAYIN DAWG.....U not about your money homes?

alright u make a point

i would let them piss for free

sh*t is gonna cost u three pound

food is three pound

sh*t and food 5 pound

sh*t food and use of internet for 10 minutes 10 pound

can only get internet with deluxe package