Buffon ''Meh If Giggs and J.Cole Can Do It...''

Mame Biram Diouf

Buffon told the Daily Star Sunday: "I knew of Manchester City's interest in me a couple of years ago and, while I was never close to signing, I can now see that I made the right decision.

"They have signed some great players but I get the feeling they are signing great players for the sake of signing them.

"Carlos Tevez, David Silva, Yaya Toure and a few others would make it into any squad in the world.

"But they don't have one defender that would even get near the Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester United team.

"Great teams are always built from the back and I am really surprised they are not trying to do that, considering their coach is an Italian."

The World Cup and four-time Serie A winner added: "Whenever I have been successful for either club or country it's because I have had great defenders in front of me.

"Players like Alessandro Nesta and Fabio Cannavaro.

"Without defenders of that quality I would not have won what I have won.

"If they don't sign at least two world-class defenders before the transfer window shuts, I am not sure they will even make a top four finish, let alone win the Premier League.

"They have so much quality there now that, if they sign these defenders, I think they can make a real impact."

Toure

Boateng

Lescott

Kolorov

Richards

Kompany

Bridge

Zabeleta\

• Upvote 1