Brink

Jefferson

Walkthrough Introduction

Part 1 Container City

Brink is an immersive shooter that blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience, allowing you to develop your character across all modes of play. You decide the role you want to assume in the world of Brink as you fight to save yourself and mankind's last refuge for humanity. Brink offers a compelling mix of dynamic battlefields, extensive customization options, and an innovative control system that will keep you coming back for more.

STORY: A man-made floating city called the Ark, made up of hundreds of separate floating islands, is on the brink of all-out civil war. Originally built as an experimental self-sufficient and 100% 'green' habitat, the reported rapid rise of the Earth's oceans has forced the Ark to become a refuge for humanity. Crammed with the original Ark founders, their descendants, as well as tens of thousands of refugees, the Ark exists in total isolation from the rest of the world. With 25 years of social unrest, the inhabitants of the Ark have reached their breaking point. It's up to you to decide the future of the Ark and the human race.

Features:

Blurring the Lines Between Offline and Online - Advance your character's development across every gameplay mode: single player, co-op, and multiplayer. Gain experience points that you can spend on customizing and upgrading your skills and abilities, designing an entirely unique look and feel for your character.

Groundbreaking Kinesthetics - Brink uses the familiar shooter controls that you're used to, without frustrating, artificial constraints and takes advantage of a new feature: the SMART button. When you press the SMART button, the game dynamically evaluates where you're trying to get to, and makes it happen. No need to perfectly time a jump or vault, the game knows what you want to do.

Context-Sensitive Goals and Rewards - Objectives, communications, mission generation, and inventory selection are all dynamically generated based on your role, your status, your location, your squad-mates, and the status of the battle in all gameplay modes. You'll always know exactly where to go, what to do when you get there, and what your reward will be for success.

Virtual Texturing - Brink's proprietary technology, Virtual Texturing, breaks new ground on current-gen consoles and PCs with an even greater focus on highly detailed characters, realistic environments, lighting, effects, and atmospherics. This competitive lead on the squad-combat genre helps thrust players into the gritty reality of the Ark's epic secluded arcology.

Im not gonna lie, this game looks pretty sick.

Free running and fps :D

Looks like theres alot of character customization and on the flow leveling up (like borderlands)

Open world, drop in drop out gameplay up top 8 players on campaign /co op or a full front multiplayer.

Them videos are dated back from December 09.

Should be out spring 2011.

More info and videos @

http://www.brinkthegame.com/media/videos/'>http://www.brinkthegame.com/media/videos/

http://www.brinkthegame.com

416574ss3_502w.jpg

416574ss4_502w.jpg

416574ss1_502w.jpg

Looks like some next level gaming. with the added free running.

Also the different Classes; Medic, Operative, Engineer, Solider

all look like they will be a major part in the game and objectives, instead of classes that never get used or classes that get rinsed.

Im fully hype for this.

I want this to be good but I can't see it happening. Obviously Mirrors Edge is gonna be mentioned but that game showed us that free running and shooting at the same time was hard to do.

Then I remember the 1st Assassins Creed that went for the simple approach of just holding a button to continue climbing/running/freerunning. I found the gameplay dry and unimerrsive.

Basically the control setup will make or break this game and I dont think they can make it perfect. The controls will either be too simple or too fiddly

yeah thats what im afraid of too.

They said something about the smart button being able to cater to newbies, and advance players. So hopefully there some sort of manual override buttons/setup you can use so you do it manually, thus cutting out the misunderstood inputs or whatever ( IF there is any )

Also the majority of these videos were from last year, so they have had a year since them videos to sort out these issues, if they were there in the first place

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest haze-e

So i get paid may 13th.

Whos copping? The more i se the more interested i get. Only thing that will sway me now is the multiplayer. I'll probably cop for the story mode anyway.

the bots look dumb as f*ck.

their seamless single player/multi is a lazy way of not making it separate :lol:

/

lol at the ign review

although i never take much interest in reviews cause its just one guys opinion. His main point was that it was "repetitive"

lolwut?

cause some of the most popular games out aren't repetitive are they.

gtfo

will still cop.

atleast they tried to be different and try new things that some devs are too scared to do.

/

edit

heres a live stream for those of you on edge on weather to cop of whatev.

(cant watch on embeded so click twice to watch direct from utube)

lol what you mean garbage? playing singleplayer solo is dry.

multiplayer is where this game is at.

dont knock it till you've tried it brah.

its pretty good imo.

Nothing like cod so dont even buy it if you want to be a lone wolf and get a chopper gunner cause that aint gonna happen.

If you like team based gameplay like TF2 and to some extent, battlefield then this a must cop.

Although my only gripe is when its laggy, its f*cked laggy and unplayable.

enjoying it atm.

*although this could all change after a few weeks.