Lokomotiv Fans Give Thanks

Young £

He is going there to play football though, so the likelihood of him getting racist abuse is very high, so why would he even think about going there.

Did you not see the stat of how many racially motivated football killings there were in the past few years. l

He is going there to play football though, so the likelihood of him getting racist abuse is very high, so why would he even think about going there.

Did you not see the stat of how many racially motivated football killings there were in the past few years. l

Racially motivated football killings? What are you talking about? Footballers are not getting shot dead in the street. If you're talking about those murders described in that article then you should read it again because as far as I know none of the racist murders that have happened in recent times are anything to do with sport.

Yes, black players get lots of abuse on the pitch and it's not right, but it's not like countries like Spain are any better. There are also lots of fans who support everybody who plays for their team, regardless of race.

Sorry, the murders weren't directly football related, but spokes people warned supporters about the violence against black supporters and so on.

Even so, Timebomb's questioning of him still going to play there is valid.

(This isn't to say the scumbags at Millwall and Chelsea have ceased to exist).

They weren't anything to do with football full stop. No relation whatsoever. And most of those murders are against Caucasians and central Asians, not blacks.

I also personally wouldn't go to live there if I was an Arab, but then I also don't know why tens of thousands of Africans have decided to and live in Moscow and St. Petersburg. It's definitely asking for trouble.

YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND SO STUPID

HITLER HIMSELF SAID THAT HE THOUGHT SLAVS WERE SUB-HUMAN AND ONLY WORTHY OF BEING SLAVES

HENCE WHY HE INVADED POLAND SO RUTHLESSLY AND EVEN TRIED RUSSIA

THEN THERE ARE IDIOTS GIVING HIS PHILOSOPHIES LIFE IN THE SAME COUNTRY

the estimates of Slavs killed in concentration camps exceeds five million,
  • Upvote 1

Champions League final few seasons ago was sick though

Racism related

Like Bikey having to carry a gun or Zenit not being able to sign black players

Like how extreme does it get and is this racism prevelant in the majoity of the country?

The racism in the stadiums doesn't get more extreme than it would in a country like Spain or Poland. Bananas and coins being thrown at non-white players, and sections of the crowd shouting racist abuse. But a lot of the time the shouting is more nationalist than racist (eg. "russia for russians", rather than "we hate n*ggers"). But I think that a lot more of the crowd is probably involved in it than there might be at say a chelsea game

I would say that some clubs are worse than others and Zenit is particularly bad from what I know. CSKA don't have major problems with racism - the fans tend to get behind all the players in the team (as long as they play well and try hard). But it tends to be that when a player doesn't perform, it all starts to come out. Like when the Ghana captain Gyan had a bad game, the Spartak crowd started to abuse him even though they're not normally known as majorly racist supporters as far as I know.

I would say the extreme racism (eg neo-nazism) is fairly limited as a whole, but quite prevalent in big cities as its been on the rise in the last 3 years or so sadly. Most white Russians probably do hold some racist views but nowhere near to the point where they'd attack a minority for fun. It's also funny cos groups taht take sh*t themselves tend to be racist as well (eg many russian jews,tatars and armenians etc and even khazaks hold the same views about black ppl that white russians would have). It makes me sad to say it, but I would advise you against visiting Russia at present because I do think there's a realistic chance you'd be attacked or at least experience some problems.

Also the thing you have to realise about Russian football (and russia in general) is it's very different to football in Europe in terms of mentality and culture. In the Russian Army they have major initiation/hazing routines where new recruits get burned, and beaten and limbs broken for months until they're "reborn" into the army. They were doing that sh*t in FOOTBALL TEAMS until like 2001 when it got stamped out - new players would get their legs broken in training and sh*t like that to initiate them. I don't think a lot of foreign players really understand the mentality before they get there.

PS I haven't lived in Russia since 1995 so most of what I'm saying isn't first hand from going to games, it's from what people tell me and reading the news

I also don't understand how Russia is bidding for the World Cup.

If they held it today, i would say a lot of people would feel very unsafe in places like vladivostok and some other places although i don't know where they intend to have games

And there are still parts of the russian federation that are completely lawless (i don't mean lawless like ppl might say south london is lawless, i mean as in whole regions that are just controlled by bandits and kidnappers and corrupt soldiers where the law ceases to operate)

I hope they don't get it.

Wow

Safe for that though bro

I take it your family that you live here with are Russian, do you or any of them hold similar racist views over here?

my dad is from byelorus but is not ethnically a russian my mum is though

my mum is quite racist. my dad is extremely liberal and i've never heard him make a racist comment in my life and he always used to tell my brother to shut up if he made offkey comments. my brother is also quite racist he lives in russia now and developed some quite 'interesting' views on the world after diong a tour of chechnya 2-3 years ago. mainly about people from the caucasus though, not black people

Oh f*ck Russia.

them countries where a black man has no place being.

waste country should just give us the oil and die off the map

You are from Somalia. Pipe down.

/

You lot are getting it twisted. The Russian Federation itself is only 80% or so ethnically Russian/Slavic, whereas teh UK is 90%+ white British/Irish. And if you're talking the Former Soviet Union region then ethnic Russians are a minority.

Oh f*ck Russia.

/

You lot are getting it twisted. The Russian Federation itself is only 80% or so ethnically Russian/Slavic, whereas teh UK is 90%+ white British/Irish. And if you're talking the Former Soviet Union region then ethnic Russians are a minority.

ROFL @ YOU/

This thread was highlighted to prove russian racism.

Your russian and the best you can do is.

TO BE RACIST.

f*ck*ng little d*ck f*ck your country

• Downvote 1

Oh f*ck Russia.

/

ROFL @ YOU/

This thread was highlighted to prove russian racism.

Your russian and the best you can do is.

TO BE RACIST.

f*ck*ng little d*ck f*ck your country

what are you on about

you said russia was a "waste country". well it's in the g8 and has one of the world's most powerful armies and economies and is generally an extremely influential and powerful country. so for somebody from SOMALIA aka hell on earth to be calling russia a waste country is a little bit rich. stop whinging about racism you sound pathetic.

i'm a citizen of the united kingdom.