Should u have 2 b English?

thinkingthuglife

No way

International football is about Country vs Country

Should be an english manager, english coach, english physios and a team full of english players

Where will it end if Arteta does play?

Opens a door that can't/won't be closed imo

Clown If sum1 wants to spend 5 years playing ball in England then it opens doors? does it f*ck. Not many ppl r goode nough to pick 2 play 4 England our p*ssy keeper Almunia aint. why can't he represent England if he wants. you'd b one of those guys signing no blaks, no paddys n no dogs.

TTL I'm gonna ask what the point in your response was?

Surely there's a less confrontational way to express your opinion.

I'm just saying it cos I notice that you seem to be involved in quite a bit of e-beef here and I know it's not because your stupid. I don't think you are at all btw, and while I'm sure there is a history as to why you respond like that, it really don't make any sense to carry that strain between threads.

I mean you weren't even provoked there, do you not think your post was a little excessive?

TTL I'm gonna ask what the point in your response was?

Surely there's a less confrontational way to express your opinion.

I'm just saying it cos I notice that you seem to be involved in quite a bit of e-beef here and I know it's not because your stupid. I don't think you are at all btw, and while I'm sure there is a history as to why you respond like that, it really don't make any sense to carry that strain between threads.

I mean you weren't even provoked there, do you not think your post was a little excessive?

jus thought u was typing sh*t n got irate.

TTL I didn't even mean your response to me, I meant your response to Diouf. Your response to his post just seemed excessive and yet not out of character.

I jut wanted you to see that you might be bringing unnecessary attention to yourself that then has you arguing so much cos if Diouf comes and sees your response to him he be well within his rights to fire e-shots in your direction. Or he might see it's you unnecessarily reacting to his post and choose to ignore you.

Some arguments just aren't worth the energy, for your soul you need to recognise which ones your getting into.

TTL I didn't even mean your response to me, I meant your response to Diouf. Your response to his post just seemed excessive and yet not out of character.

I jut wanted you to see that you might be bringing unnecessary attention to yourself that then has you arguing so much cos if Diouf comes and sees your response to him he be well within his rights to fire e-shots in your direction. Or he might see it's you unnecessarily reacting to his post and choose to ignore you.

Some arguments just aren't worth the energy, for your soul you need to recognise which ones your getting into.

sf hippee. This is sports talk tho not Trisha.

Guest Portuguese

If its good for enough for the current european\world champions so why not.

Lineker asked Hansen and Lawrenceson the same question I cannot remember what Hansen said but Lawrenceson said no way. The irony this is the same guy who is english but played for Ireland smh.

If this is the way forward for England what's stopping them going to Brazil and collecting players from the age of 14 then five years later boom!

By the way how long before Denilson of Arsenal gets his citizenship to play for England?

If its good for enough for the current european\world champions so why not.

Lineker asked Hansen and Lawrenceson the same question I cannot remember what Hansen said but Lawrenceson said no way. The irony this is the same guy who is english but played for Ireland smh.

If this is the way forward for England what's stopping them going to Brazil and collecting players from the age of 14 then five years later boom!

By the way how long before Denilson of Arsenal gets his citizenship to play for England?

When hell freezes over will that samba-less samba boy be ready for int. football. Nah I don't mean poachin youts just ppl that can get citezenship innit like Arteta or Cudicini.

Of course u have to be English

4get what all these other teams are doing, they have no pride...

How can a Brazilian play for Croatia and Japan

If ur not at least half English or wat eva country it is, u have no business being there

While I completely agree, I don't see much difference between having a foreign player and a foreign manager.

I think a big part of the decision depends on the player himself and what he truly considers home.

Arteta may feel like he'd want to play for England, but Arteta does not consider himself English. Therefore my answer would be no.

John Barnes is English IMO, England is his home. He still lives here now. They call him a foreigner in Jamaica.

It's a bit like the Frimpong debate, he considers himself Ghanaian as he was born there but didnt come here until he was 8, and didnt even come here to play football. Now others who comes here even later than Frimpong have consider themselves English.

Whilst i get what your saying about John Barnes, he is Jamaican. Yes he is a ''bounty'' or whatever you may view him, and yes he has lived in England majority of his life and Embraced Englishness, but that doesn't make him anyless Jamaican. A lot of jamacians view british/Anywhere born people with Jamaican heritage as foreigners, anyone that has left the island for a long time as a foreigner , that doesnt make them anyless Jamaican.

I wouldnt want Arteta to play for England, he is not English. It should be one clear cut rule, but in my head different factors come in to it regarding this issue.

John Barnes born in Jamaica come to England at school age. Football education in England. He can choose either Ja or Eng imo.

. Football is political unfortunetly.

Guest Triple XXX

i dont see the big deal tbh

born here, english

naturalised after 5 years or whatever he is, English

so ur tellin me he can have a british passport but not play for the team?

i dont see the big deal tbh

born here, english

naturalised after 5 years or whatever he is, English

so ur tellin me he can have a british passport but not play for the team?

it's not about whether he can it's whether he SHOULD

i came here when i was 6, but i consider myself english and would play for england over despite having both passports

i know some twats who were born here but consider themselves jamaican/pakistani etc.

like tfs4dk said, arteta doesn't think of himself as english (why would he?) so it's a pisstake for him to play in the team

“It’s really hard and I don’t know if the chance will ever come,” Arteta said.

“Maybe I’m not good enough. We have unbelievable players in my position who are playing for big teams.

“In the World Cup final I think there were seven players from Barcelona in the team who play together every week.

“Iniesta is unbelievable. I have known him since he was 13 at Barcelona and you could see at that time he would be fabulous. We have so many more in that position too so it’s hard to get in.

“But you need to have aims. If you don’t think you can do something then you’re never going to do it.

“I still think I can do it. The coaches phoned me a few times after I did my cruciate. It’s a shame because I know I’ve been really close.

“I’m still at a good age to achieve it but it is really tough.”

Liverpool Echo - Everton FC - News - Mikel Arteta will never give up on international call-up for Spain

Guest Awesome Kong

If you're legally british and lived in one of the four countries for the majority of the time, then you should be able to play, for the country you was in the most (within the years needed to qualify).

FA will not allow this

lol @ taking rejects

This is why it probably won't happen, England fans will just think there taking rejects whereas reality is another countries reject is technically better than Englands center mids and can provide a different approach.