MMA>>>BOXING...Fuck yeah

Steven

like any mma fighter could step in a boxing ring and take on a top name
I don't think this is the basis of his argument. The debate is often centered around who would win in a fight...a boxer or an MMA fighter, to which many people have often argued a case for each. Stepping into the octagan is about as close as it gets to a real life fighting situation as both styles can pretty much utilise their full skill set. Stepping into a boxing ring under boxing rules would not enable this for obvious reasons.

Mma and real fighting is completely different aswelltell me the last time u saw guys scuffing doing submissions and choke holds on the floor for about 20 minutes?
Obviously. I meant in terms of being closer to a real life fighting situation where both fighters can apply the styles they are trained to fight in as opposed to a boxing match where the MMA fighter would be bound by boxing rules and thus face a limitation to their skill set. In the octagon no one would tell a boxer he is not allowed to punch. A boxer would even be allowed to deliberately use elbows!Tell me the last time you saw "guys scuffing" and as soon as one gets knocked down the other stands back and starts a 10 count? :D

Guest Yilmaz

Boxing is boxing. MMA is MMA.This explains it all:

I personally prefer boxing (cos I've done it for about ten years) because I believe it genuinely represents the genetic spread in athletic talent that we all know:black boxers >>>>>>>>> white boxersLoooooooooooool
  • Downvote 1

Some f*ck*ng dumb statement..I don't even know why so many people got sucked in to this sh*t, even Dana White has admitted to it being simply for the money and that the two should not even be compared.He was too scared to lose a big name like Silva when he was calling out RJJ for a boxing match but he allows a boxer to step in to UFC - it doesnt mean sh*t about which is a better sport, theyre completely different.

Mma and real fighting is completely different aswelltell me the last time u saw guys scuffing doing submissions and choke holds on the floor for about 20 minutes?
Obviously. I meant in terms of being closer to a real life fighting situation where both fighters can apply the styles they are trained to fight in as opposed to a boxing match where the MMA fighter would be bound by boxing rules and thus face a limitation to their skill set. In the octagon no one would tell a boxer he is not allowed to punch. A boxer would even be allowed to deliberately use elbows!Tell me the last time you saw "guys scuffing" and as soon as one gets knocked down the other stands back and starts a 10 count? :D
now you are just being silly

Some f*ck*ng dumb statement..I don't even know why so many people got sucked in to this sh*t, even Dana White has admitted to it being simply for the money and that the two should not even be compared.He was too scared to lose a big name like Silva when he was calling out RJJ for a boxing match but he allows a boxer to step in to UFC - it doesnt mean sh*t about which is a better sport, theyre completely different.
Your last comment about the Silva thing is null and void, because of course Dana didnt want Silva to go fight RJJ IN a Boxing controlled event, that'd be stupid, the same way Toney stepping into the octagon was stupid, the difference us however that Tiney has no contract with anyone, and actively picketed for the fight.This wont affect boxing in the least as it wasn't a boxing match.Its like saying if David Beckham turned out for the LA Lakers and was sh*t that it woukd affect football. Like has always been said, as predictable as thiis was, the question has always been asked, what would happen if a Boxer and MMA fighter squared of, and none of us were suprised by the answer, making them fight in a boxing ring under the queensbury rules would only utlise a small piece of the MMA fighters skill set, so thats another stupid arguement, One that i've heard many ppl come out with."ohh lets see a MMA fighter step in the ring now with 10 ounce gloves""NO"

I personally prefer boxing (cos I've done it for about ten years) because I believe it genuinely represents the genetic spread in athletic talent that we all know:black boxers >>>>>>>>> white boxersLoooooooooooool
lmaobutthurt tbhhow you gonna bring up race after what happened last night?James Toney disgraced the human race in general last nightFackin' ell geezer

Guest Yilmaz

lmaobutthurt tbhhow you gonna bring up race after what happened last night?James Toney disgraced the human race in general last nightFackin' ell geezer
was a joke u c*nt
  • Downvote 1

This is an oxymoron imoMMA is real fightingMartial arts are basically different forms of fightingThe fights you see in the streets are just very basic forms of MMA style fightsIf a hardboy from the pub fought a trained fighter obv the fighter would win just cos of technique, imagine getting floored and put in an armbar not knowing how to defend yourselfMMA is sophisticated fighting, because both competetants are so good they will be on the floor for 10 mins trying to unlock each other
  • Downvote 2

All this talk about real fighting, what would you class as fake fighting?this whole arguement is stupid anyway.football and basketball are both played with a ball.if David Beckham went and played Basketball and was swag, nobody would even come with any arguement saying Basketballs better or superior to Football

football and basketball are both played with a ball.if David Beckham went and played Basketball and was swag, nobody would even come with any arguement saying Basketballs better or superior to Football
I hear what you're saying. But I think the argument in regards to MMA v boxing stems from the fact that they are both striking sports. Yes, basketball and football are both ball focused sports, but, in terms of on the ball skills, none of the on the ball skills in football would be used in basketball and vice versa. Whereas although MMA and boxing are both striking sports with different rules, the striking aspect of boxing CAN be utilised in an MMA rules match. i.e a boxer can consequently still be a boxer under MMA rules whereas a basketball player is no longer a basketball player on the football pitch.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

football and basketball are both played with a ball.if David Beckham went and played Basketball and was swag, nobody would even come with any arguement saying Basketballs better or superior to Football
I hear what you're saying. But I think the argument in regards to MMA v boxing stems from the fact that they are both striking sports. Yes, basketball and football are both ball focused sports, but, in terms of on the ball skills, none of the on the ball skills in football would be used in basketball and vice versa. Whereas although MMA and boxing are both striking sports with different rules, the striking aspect of boxing CAN be utilised in an MMA rules match. i.e a boxer can consequently still be a boxer under MMA rules whereas a basketball player is no longer a basketball player on the football pitch.
Bu ultimately, the quesion/point in comparing is redundant. A boxer can transfer his skills into MMA, but the same cant be done vice-versa. MMA is closer to a "real" fight, therefore, MMA fighters are more used to the conditions of a "real" fight than a boxer.It's like Badmington vs Tennis, no one debates it. I see why people compare MMA and Boxing but its a bit pointless

If any MMA fighter (including the best) stepped into an ABA level amateur contest, I'm pretty certain they'd get smashed. I've been in the ring with very good MMA fighters and they can't box for sh*t.However, I would never challenge them at what they do with little to no prior knowledge.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The difference isMMA rules ALLOW Boxers to compete with their styleBoxing rules do not allow MMA fighters to compete with theirs...I dont know why its so difficult for you diehard boxers to comprehend this.What you saw in the Couture vs Toney fight was a man who had experience with wrestling against a man who had none. There was ALWAYS only ever going to be 1 winner.

• Upvote 1