dubstep

O.Man

my friends spent a good chunk of last night taking the piss out of the fact that i listen to dubstep and promote it to them, referring to it as wobble wobble synth music

i was drunk so i couldn't really defend it, and the examples i would pull out like 16 bit and kode9 and skream wouldn't help me

my lack of info on the real dubstep gems out there doesn't help me neither

if people could drop some love in the form of dubstep with low use of LFO's and such, something more melodic, subtle, not so aggressive. These guys are into rock/rhythm and blues

i tried showing these guys untrue and some kode9 mixes but they weren't even having it, and as for the caspa/rusko/skream/16 bit tunes i have...they wouldn't help me either

help me convert a few heads basically, post some anti-brostep tunes you think can help me in my situation

thanks

edit; it's not even anti-brostep agenda anymore, it's anti aggro, chilled out ambient melodic dubstep is what im aiming for

have a look through here

yeh i am, so far it's all too aggresive even tho mala sounds are sick, i kno it's too aggresive for them

tried showing these man kuedo dream sequence ep (joy orbison-sounding) and they weren't even having that

/

safe 2 everyone who's posted so far gonna go thru them

how can mala be too aggressive for them

are these guys poofters?

pretty much

not just that tho, the whole ''chav'' music thing, you play man cockney flute and he starts laughin like this sounds like it should be coming from a ''chavs'' car

im trying to educate

/

f*ck i was hoping silkie would be good for me but those two speak no evil posted i know won't go down well hopefully theres somethin in the album

chillout/ambient stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx72rfqnR5I

this is the sh*t

but they are gonna rip me head off saying it's garage

how am i gonna prove it's dubstep?

/

any more artists/tunes along these lines?

well it is basically a garage beat pattern. but then dubstep came from garage...

i guess this is kind of sitting on the boundary, but what makes it fit under the dubstep label is mainly the production/frequency ethos...

the structure, selection of sounds/samples and technique giving the track that touch of soul and substance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SokdGM19lp8

this is the sh*t btw

im gunna post this in the other thread aswell

whoa whoa whoa

this is the type of stuff / but then again is it dubstep or trip hop ARGAHGHGAH

speak no evil posted quite a few and most of it is too aggro, the coki n sh*t won't go down well

but yeh vid above and that Hyetal track are doing it

it's not even anti-brostep agenda anymore, it's anti aggro, chilled out ambient melodic dubstep is what im aiming for

even the silkie tracks posted abit too much gonna check out the album tho

/

safe spider, i know they will say it's garage but at least you've given me something to answer them with

reading through the posts and your friends just sound ignorant/misinformed. mite not be their fault, because these days all the bait brostep is whats shoved into peoples faces and what new listeners find as synonymous with the name "dubstep".

no point tryna educate them tho cos they dont seem to want to explore the genre through the examples your trying. if your ear aint open and looking for sumin then you won't find anything and it will just go over your head.

its quite funny actually because this reminds me of some friends of mine who always take the piss by being very very sarcastic when ever me and others are talking about dubstep. over time tho a few of them have gotten onto the more bait commercial tunes and sort give its due rather then shoot it down, even if they dont see the big fuss.