Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Supernova

Promoting and Hosting Events

7 posts in this topic

Can anybody thats in the know drop a bit of info about this.

Nothing major just things I would need to factor in if I wanted to try this.

I am looking at maybe having an organised, regular night with transport aimed at uni students really

Its just up in the air thoughts but I have no clue where I should start

I am thinking I need to get

Venue

Alcohol

Transport

Music

Promoters...

What other sh*t Have I not thought about?

sh*t of course...

If you want to maximise profits you should send a few of your boys in there to shot

Depending on the venue, alcohol and security will most likely be included. Some places will let you have the venue free of charge if you can guarantee a certain amount of people through the door. You can never do enough promotion, look at how similar nights promote, and what other events are happening around the same time as yours. Its a lot of work and you will probably just about break even with your first couple but if you stick with it and build something it might go somewhere.

They may demand you fill in the form 696 if you're in London.

Depending on the venue, alcohol and security will most likely be included. Some places will let you have the venue free of charge if you can guarantee a certain amount of people through the door. You can never do enough promotion, look at how similar nights promote, and what other events are happening around the same time as yours. Its a lot of work and you will probably just about break even with your first couple but if you stick with it and build something it might go somewhere.

Yeahh I am expecting loss for quite a while tbh haha

Currently I am not about the profit I just would like to add it to my mental portfolio.

I plan to do a couple this academic year, hopefully in 365 days, I will have enough skill and built a big enough network to maybe get something going properly and on after I finish uni

Luckily I am outside London haha