Stephen Hawking: "God did not create the Universe"

Guest WAVESURFER

LOL @ u guys disregarding his theorys from the get go because he is disabled...

Einstein said that "the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

"For me," he added, "the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."

ah so you've studied? didn't know

pm me your understanding

thanks

This stuff all interests me and I aint on either side of the argument

But what I cannot get my head round is why/how people are so definite on their opinions either way.

I don't get how someone can say science is DEFINATELY the truth based on scientific theory, yet these are the same theories humans 'invented'.

Then people who have whole hearted faith in god and dismiss science as a load of shite etc and that scientists think they know too much, when in reality neither parties actually KNOW.

Only way I can see people having faith in god is if some absolute miracled in their life. But even then it could be put down to chance.

f*ck knows.

Space>

When will we accept that we don't know it all?

When religion dies out.

touche

not really

religion accepts we dont know it all,thats why we call it faith

the universe and the many beyond it are mysterious and for the most part will remain so for our lifetime and beyond

to me its these rogue scientists and theyre fanatic followers that are trying to make brash statements based on not knowing it all ( ''i dont know how this happened so there is no God'' lmao) in the interests of making currency by tapping into the trending of the modern psyche

i for one wont be feeding these trolls

• Upvote 2

religions dun so much more harm dan good i dont see why a loving god wud allow so many people to misinterpret his message or follow other religions.

Different religions all say different things

Not all religions can be right

Peoples religion is mostly chosen by the enviroment dey were brought up in.

So why would God allow everyone to follow different religions that all have different meanings (making everyone who isnt worshiping him in the way he wants 'sinful' by default.

/

Religious people are cowards.

Nobody can say for definate that god doesnt exist, but it is extremely unlikely in my opinion. I think religion is a thing that is built into humans as a way to cope with the inevitability of death. Thinking that there is an afterlife or heaven just makes death seem less sh*t than it is.

• Upvote 2

i can tell by your very limited understanding that youre not really qualified for this conversation,plus youre a fake e-persona so not much time can be spent discussing serious topics with you

just another raped choirboy

when will the molestations stop?

but thats life,if we were supposed to be living in heaven im sure we would be,why do ppl always say life isnt heaven so God doesnt exist? these are the true cowards,angry at the challenges of life,f*ck*ng pussyhole,crawl back in yr cave

When will we accept that we don't know it all?

When religion dies out.

touche

not really

religion accepts we dont know it all,thats why we call it faith

The same religion that told us the World was built in 7 days before science proved it wrong?

only wen science proved it wrong people said its a 'metaphor' for longer period. Even doe the orders wrong in terms of evolution timescale if we are to believe it.

The same religion that told us Rainbows were Gods promise that he wud never flood the earth again?

Even though science has proven its just water reflecting through sunlight creatin a colour spectrum.

• Upvote 1

The same religion that told us Rainbows were Gods promise that he wud never flood the earth again?

Even though science has proven its just water reflecting through sunlight creatin a colour spectrum.

yes we have worked out how rainbows are created

so this means that they no longer exist?

great stuff

have a nice day though

i can tell by your very limited understanding that youre not really qualified for this conversation,plus youre a fake e-persona so not much time can be spent discussing serious topics with you

just another raped choirboy

when will the molestations stop?

but thats life,if we were supposed to be living in heaven im sure we would be,why do ppl always say life isnt heaven so God doesnt exist? these are the true cowards,angry at the challenges of life,f*ck*ng pussyhole,crawl back in yr cave

this is what i mean by religious people are cowards.

Youre insecure about your faith and get emotional when people point out obvious flaws in it.

The oldest copy of the bible is in ancient greek from about 400AD. around 10 generations after jesus lol. do u realise how many time that wud have been copied/translated before it reached that stage. even before dat it wud have been stories exchanged thru word of mouth. Anyone stupid enough to call that divine...

• Upvote 1

yes we have worked out how rainbows are created

so this means that they no longer exist?

great stuff

have a nice day though

what? lol

Nobody can say for definate that god doesnt exist, but it is extremely unlikely in my opinion. I think religion is a thing that is built into humans as a way to cope with the inevitability of death. Thinking that there is an afterlife or heaven just makes death seem less sh*t than it is.

CS

And away of control/brainwash, do this and do that etc

i think the specific details given by the major religions may not be entirely accurate and may be exageratted or made relative to the people of the time....

but the idea of a general higher force may very well be true....

whether its to the divine and magical extent to which religion describes it to be, im not sure.

it could be that God is the creator and controller of all in the universe...or on the other hand it could be simply that we interpreted highly advanced alien beings to be divine in our primitive years and that perception stuck on and developed through the years. or it could be anything inbetween, who knows.

my belief in God gives me an inner peace, i can't put it in words.

i'll probably be some messed up guy without my faith and it has had nothing but a positive impact on my life.

but i am firmly against ignorance and will not dismiss anything without looking at it deeper and any 'flaw' that i have investigated has an answer.

• Upvote 1

Guest Awesome Kong

Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If u really study science it will bring you closer to God

I fully agree, but most people who are professional scientist don't believe in god, which is patheticsince they know something must tell whatever in physics, biology & chemistry what to do.

• Downvote 1

Look at the dude for a second then tell me if you wouldn't doubt God's existence in his position.

i look at it the other way round

look at urself why continue to live if there isn't a God and some sort of salvation at the end of all this suffering?

look at that religious guy with no arms and no legs, he is like a representative for christianity gives talks to millions inspiring them. using ur logic he would doubt gods existence yet hes one of gods strongest followers

I was reading some Bible today

And I realized that I was on the right paths because of God's views and action against whores

Ezekiel 23

Two Adulterous Sisters

1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, there were two women, daughters of the same mother. 3 They became prostitutes in Egypt, engaging in prostitution from their youth. In that land their breasts were fondled and their virgin bosoms caressed. 4 The older was named Oholah, and her sister was Oholibah. They were mine and gave birth to sons and daughters. Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem. 5 "Oholah engaged in prostitution while she was still mine; and she lusted after her lovers, the Assyrians-warriors 6 clothed in blue, governors and commanders, all of them handsome young men, and mounted horsemen. 7 She gave herself as a prostitute to all the elite of the Assyrians and defiled herself with all the idols of everyone she lusted after. 8 She did not give up the prostitution she began in Egypt, when during her youth men slept with her, caressed her virgin bosom and poured out their lust upon her.

9 "Therefore I handed her over to her lovers, the Assyrians, for whom she lusted. 10 They stripped her naked, took away her sons and daughters and killed her with the sword. She became a byword among women, and punishment was inflicted on her.

11 "Her sister Oholibah saw this, yet in her lust and prostitution she was more depraved than her sister. 12 She too lusted after the Assyrians—governors and commanders, warriors in full dress, mounted horsemen, all handsome young men. 13 I saw that she too defiled herself; both of them went the same way.

14 "But she carried her prostitution still further. She saw men portrayed on a wall, figures of Chaldeans [e] portrayed in red, 15 with belts around their waists and flowing turbans on their heads; all of them looked like Babylonian chariot officers, natives of Chaldea. [f]16 As soon as she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea. 17 Then the Babylonians came to her, to the bed of love, and in their lust they defiled her. After she had been defiled by them, she turned away from them in disgust. 18 When she carried on her prostitution openly and exposed her nakedness, I turned away from her in disgust, just as I had turned away from her sister. 19 Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. 21 So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled. [g]

22 "Therefore, Oholibah, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will stir up your lovers against you, those you turned away from in disgust, and I will bring them against you from every side- 23 the Babylonians and all the Chaldeans, the men of Pekod and Shoa and Koa, and all the Assyrians with them, handsome young men, all of them governors and commanders, chariot officers and men of high rank, all mounted on horses. 24 They will come against you with weapons, [h] chariots and wagons and with a throng of people; they will take up positions against you on every side with large and small shields and with helmets. I will turn you over to them for punishment, and they will punish you according to their standards. 25 I will direct my jealous anger against you, and they will deal with you in fury. They will cut off your noses and your ears, and those of you who are left will fall by the sword. They will take away your sons and daughters, and those of you who are left will be consumed by fire. 26 They will also strip you of your clothes and take your fine jewelry. 27 So I will put a stop to the lewdness and prostitution you began in Egypt. You will not look on these things with longing or remember Egypt anymore.

28 "For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am about to hand you over to those you hate, to those you turned away from in disgust. 29 They will deal with you in hatred and take away everything you have worked for. They will leave you naked and bare, and the shame of your prostitution will be exposed. Your lewdness and promiscuity 30 have brought this upon you, because you lusted after the nations and defiled yourself with their idols. 31 You have gone the way of your sister; so I will put her cup into your hand.

32 "This is what the Sovereign LORD says:

"You will drink your sister's cup,

a cup large and deep;

it will bring scorn and derision,

for it holds so much.

33 You will be filled with drunkenness and sorrow,

the cup of ruin and desolation,

the cup of your sister Samaria.

34 You will drink it and drain it dry;

you will dash it to pieces

and tear your breasts.

I have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD.

35 "Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Since you have forgotten me and thrust me behind your back, you must bear the consequences of your lewdness and prostitution."

36 The LORD said to me: "Son of man, will you judge Oholah and Oholibah? Then confront them with their detestable practices, 37 for they have committed adultery and blood is on their hands. They committed adultery with their idols; they even sacrificed their children, whom they bore to me, [i] as food for them. 38 They have also done this to me: At that same time they defiled my sanctuary and desecrated my Sabbaths. 39 On the very day they sacrificed their children to their idols, they entered my sanctuary and desecrated it. That is what they did in my house.

40 "They even sent messengers for men who came from far away, and when they arrived you bathed yourself for them, painted your eyes and put on your jewelry. 41 You sat on an elegant couch, with a table spread before it on which you had placed the incense and oil that belonged to me.

42 "The noise of a carefree crowd was around her; Sabeans [j] were brought from the desert along with men from the rabble, and they put bracelets on the arms of the woman and her sister and beautiful crowns on their heads. 43 Then I said about the one worn out by adultery, 'Now let them use her as a prostitute, for that is all she is.' 44 And they slept with her. As men sleep with a prostitute, so they slept with those lewd women, Oholah and Oholibah. 45 But righteous men will sentence them to the punishment of women who commit adultery and shed blood, because they are adulterous and blood is on their hands.

46 "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Bring a mob against them and give them over to terror and plunder. 47 The mob will stone them and cut them down with their swords; they will kill their sons and daughters and burn down their houses.

48 "So I will put an end to lewdness in the land, that all women may take warning and not imitate you. 49 You will suffer the penalty for your lewdness and bear the consequences of your sins of idolatry. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign LORD."

• Upvote 1