Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest faze

Need A Laptop for under £300

20 posts in this topic

Any recommendations....?

Needs to be a 15inch, dont want a netbook...

cheers....

you're gunna struggle for anything around £300 brand new, i think its virtualy impossible for any laptop maker to make profit at selling a brand new laptop for £300, takes like £350 to make minimum.

You might aswell save up a little extra or go into a local school and ask if their sellin anything or go into a local computer shop and get them to buld u one although the base again would be a min £250

Dell Outlet.

They're officially 'second hand', but come with 12 month warranty and look brand new. Completely reconditioned and you'd never know.

I got one last October, paid quite a bit but got top of the range. Never had any problem whatsoever.

yeh i can vouch for dell outlet, its like brand new dell really, same service and warranty, i got a laptop few weeks back from them, sick tings

if you go dell outlet make sure you check their twitter for discount code

http://twitter.com/DELLOUTLETUK

Are you going to run serato off this? If so, save up at least £400 more & get something with anti virus & office.

Glad you made this thread, need a new laptop for Uni

Are you going to run serato off this? If so, save up at least £400 more & get something with anti virus & office.

lol nah, would never use a windows computer for something i need relability for...

will be using my macbook when i cop serato....

I've got an Acer Aspire One netbook 10inch screen brand new and boxed unopened etc

lol nah, would never use a windows computer for something i need relability for...

will be using my macbook when i cop serato....

LOL. It's live on a windows..........

If you have 4GB ram,5% latency and restrict the amount of other applications running.

/

There was a Toshiba for £300 that was slightly bigger than a notebook but running celeron instead, will try find it.

I got a leaflet from laptops direct for student offers. There's an acer laptop for £350 but you can save £50, I'll give you the code if you want or if anyone else wants the code pm me...there's 5 acer laptops and you can save upto £300 (depending on which laptop you want)

So ye holla if anyone's interested

edit:

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/student_deals/page.asp

I didn't realise they give the code on the website lol just have a look around, every laptop has a different code